A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
|This page is about the Chinese commando. For the soldiers in Operation: Anchorage, see Chinese soldier (Operation: Anchorage). For the ghoul soldiers, see Chinese remnant soldier.|
Stand aside, comrade, while we deal with these Imperialist dogs.”— Chinese commando, Fallout 3.
Background[edit | edit source]
As a special force in the People's Army of the People's Republic of China, these troops are hardened through training. Only special missions are assigned to these commandos. They are still found throughout the ruins of D.C. convinced that the bombs fell and the Chinese would come back and pick them up not knowing that the world had been just as devastated as the wastelands of the U.S.A.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Tranquility Lane: After activating the failsafe in the Tranquility Lane simulation, Chinese commandos will spawn and storm through the streets, gunning down all of the residents except Doc and Betty. The commandos are essential and cannot be killed, only knocked unconscious. When they awake, they will usually not attack the player.
- Downed Chinese pilot: A ghoulified dead Chinese commando appears in a random encounter.
Variants[edit | edit source]
|Name||Race||SPECIAL||Level||HP||Inventory||Related quest/encounter||Base ID||Ref ID|
|5 5 5 5 5 5 5||1||30||1x Chinese commando hat
1x Chinese jumpsuit
1x Chinese assault rifle
1-16x 5.56mm round
|Dead Chinese commando||Ghoul
|6 5 1 3 3 7 5||1||1||1x dirty Chinese jumpsuit
1x Chinese officer's sword
1x Shanxi type 17 pistol
35x 10mm round
|Downed Chinese Pilot||000a0a4c||000a0a4d|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Chinese commandos do not play a major role in the Communist takeover of Alaska; instead, Chinese soldiers appear in the add-on Operation: Anchorage.
- When spoken to, they would remark in Mandarin Chinese "同志站开，我们正在处理这些帝国主义走狗。" (Tóngzhì zhànkāi, wǒmen zhèngzài chǔlǐ zhèxiē dìguózhǔyì zǒugǒu.). The in-game subtitle/translation is "Stand aside, comrade, while we deal with these Imperialist dogs." By putting stress on every syllable the voice acting is not only unnatural, but essentially gibberish.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes the dead Chinese commando may spawn alive and hostile.