This article or its infobox is missing an image. Please help The Vault
Chinese officer's sword
|Crit Dmg||15||Crit % Mult||x2|
|Repair||Chinese officer's swords|
The Chinese officer's sword is a melee weapon found in Fallout 3, and makes a cameo appearance in Fallout: New Vegas.
These swords are made in the style of 7th century Jian double edged straight swords. Produced by the People's Liberation Army specifically for use by its officers and issued in the Sino-American War, many were captured and came to the American home front as souvenirs – some even found their way into fifth columnist hands. Since the Great War, these weapons have become an uncommonly used by wastelanders and raiders alike.
Although common at lower levels, its high durability and fast attack speed make the Chinese officer's sword an excellent weapon outside of V.A.T.S., whereas swings in V.A.T.S. use 28 AP. Along with its high critical multiplier and critical damage, the sword is great weapon to hit fast, hard and sparingly.
- Vampire's Edge, the weakest of the Chinese officer's sword unique variants, Vampire's Edge weighs only one pound, and is the only variant to use the regular sword's model.
- Jingwei's Shocksword , an electrified version of the Chinese officer's sword, the shock sword is much stronger and deals electrical damage over time.
- Sim version Anchorage simulation and cannot be obtained through normal means.
, a version of the weapon which appears only within the Anchorage simulation. Unlike other sim-specific weapons, this version has a higher base and critical damage than its normal counterpart, and also causes disintegration for non-player characters killed by a critical hit similar to Jingwei's Shocksword. This weapon is only carried by non-player characters within the
- Samurai's sword , an ancient Japanese weapon that deals an extra helping of damage on critical hits, and is much more durable than the standard sword.
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- Clover's cleaver, a Chinese officer's sword that was cut from the base game. It was intended to be used by Clover and was to be the Evil follower unique weapon, much like Fawkes' super sledge and Butch's Toothpick were for the other Karma levels.
- Katana , a variant of the samurai's sword that deals much less critical damage, but knocks foes down with critical hits.
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
|Chinese officer's sword
||35 + 2
||80.2 + 2
Chinese officers' swords may be found in the following locations:
- Clover's variant of Chinese officer's sword has a Base ID of 0006415d. It has unlimited durability, and stats identical with the standard one. (Not to be confused with Clover's cleaver.)
- When running in third person with this sword out, the game uses the same running animation from Oblivion, one of Bethesda Softworks' other titles.
- When using a Stealth Boy or Chinese stealth armor, the sword's blood stains will still be visible.
- In Fallout: New Vegas, an enlarged unusable version of the Chinese officer's sword can be seen behind elder McNamara's desk. It is part of a large Brotherhood of Steel symbol which consists of a sword offset from two interlocking gears.