Fallout 1 and 2 characters project
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
And your universe is shaped by your beliefs, while my universe is shaped by my thoughts. We may not share beliefs, but I wish you well in your universe.”
A dark-skinned man adorned with bright scarves and trinkets, Chuck is a Gypsy fortune teller. He accepts the Regulators control as fact, though he doesn't particularly condone their methods. To compensate, he does what he can to lighten up the lives of his fellow Adytowners. He is tolerant of others and agrees to disagree on the question of beliefs (he is an occultist and a talented Tarot player), though he doesn't take mockery well.
Interactions with the player character
|This character provides character bonuses.||
- Asking Chuck for a Tarot reading will allow the player to receive three readings, with specific effects.
- "[Chuck pulls out a card with a picture of a man in a lab coat with a computer in one hand, and a card with a man in power armor.] The Hierophant and the Prince of Wands in the south . . . great wisdom and nobility await in a place to the south." (This will place the Brotherhood on the player's map, if it was never marked before.)
- "[Chuck pulls out a card with a picture of a man with a vibro-blade and a flag.] The Prince of Swords in the north . . . you must face a powerful foe far to the north." (This will place the Mariposa Military Base on the player's map, if it was never marked before.)
- "[Chuck pulls out a card with a picture of a radio tower, and a card with a picture of a man in a suit with a scepter.] The Tower and the Emperor . . . great change awaits by the hands of a powerful leader. Whether that change is death, I cannot tell." (This will place the Cathedral on the map and will always be drawn, regardless of whether the location was previously marked or not.)
- "[Chuck pulls out a card with a picture of a man dancing on a nuclear warhead.] The Fool. I cannot help you; you must make your own way in the world." (Once the location readings are extinguished, Chuck will draw this card and the player's Luck will go up by 1.)
- If the player mocks Chuck, he will be offended and refuse to give readings.
Drops on death
- The scripting can be exploited to receive an additional point of Luck. To do so, the player has to choose the last line to get a reading and refrain from asking Chuck about his occupation until the first Luck increase is received. Then, the player can ask Chuck about his occupation and get the chance to get another reading and luck increase.
Chuck appears only in Fallout.