Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Split suggested (Make overview for games)
It has been suggested that this article or section should be split in multiple parts. Please help The Vault by discussing this issue on the article's talk page.
Overview[edit | edit source]
A cigarette is a small cylinder of finely cut tobacco leaves rolled in thin paper for smoking, with a filter at one end to reduce the amount of carcinogenic and otherwise harmful substances. The Big Boss brand cigarettes are the most popular type in the wastelands.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
In Fallout and Fallout 2, a cigarette is mentioned in dialogue but never appears as an actual item. In Fallout 3, the cigarette is a weightless and fairly rare junk item. It has a trade value of 1. In Fallout: New Vegas, they are much more abundant, noticeably in abandoned buildings.
Similar to the pack of cigarettes and the carton of cigarettes, many non-player characters will start to chain-smoke if a cigarette is placed in their inventory; perhaps the most visible example of this is Jericho, who will do even if he is wearing headgear which covers his mouth. However, the player cannot use cigarettes themselves. Although these items trigger smoking behavior, none are actually consumed by the characters.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- x1 On the desk behind Button Gwinnett during Stealing Independence, along with 3 more on a tin plate to the left hand side of the same room.
- x1 In a bathroom stall in the Ladies' Restroom on the ground floor of the Arlington Public Library Lobby.
- x1 On top of the safe in the southwest corner of the Evergreen Mills Foundry.
- x1 Hanging out of the mouth of a brahmin's head on a wooden plaque in the main room of Dukov's Place.
- x1 In a small alcove in the Sunken Chambers, alongside 1 pre-War book. Also in the Sunken Chambers are 2-3 cigarettes floating near the corpse of a raider or wastelander.
- x2 Under the sink in Lucky's.
- x4 On the reception desk of the Weatherly Hotel in Rivet City.
- x2 Near the sink in Willy's Grocer.
- x5 In Jury Street Metro Station, on a table just above the platforms. However, two of them have fallen through the table and cannot be picked up.
- x1 On a desk in County Sewer Mainline near a terminal along with 2 pre-War books and one Big Book of Science.
- x1 Near a scavenger in between Fairfax Ruins, VAPL-84 Power Station, and Jury Street Metro Station. There is also a pre-War book on the same coffee table. These items will have to be stolen.
- x12 Can be found inside the janitorial closet of The Pitt's Supply Plant on and around the desk terminal that depicts the company's history as told by the plant's supervisor Tom McMullin (Only with The Pitt add-on).
- x1 On the floor in the Anchorage memorial floor by The Tenderizer.
- x20 In Project Purity Museum Gift Shop after activating the purifier, in a bucket in Bigsley's small "office".
- x13 In Abandoned Apartments, first floor scattered around an oxygen tank.
- More can be available occasionally from junk merchants like Moira Brown and Crazy Wolfgang.
- x3 Can be found in the Panic Room in the Point Lookout add-on.