Clarksburg is a location in Fallout 76.
Background[edit | edit source]
The city of Clarksburg, located in the northern region of Appalachia was very much a functional city. It had a grocery store, a Post Office, a hardware store, a gun store, a church, and even a private shooting club. Unfortunately, like most of the region, it suffered from the man vs. robot riots and protesting that affected much of the rest of the state. The city was ultimately ruined after the Great War, when the Toxic Valley was polluted by industrial chemicals.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- The hardware store in the center of town, with the Grey Tortoise advertisement, contains a fusion core generator and an armor workbench in the basement.
- The gun shop has a weapons workbench on the main floor. There is a cooking station on rooftop and inside a house near the center of town with protest signs.
- A suit of power armor can be found inside the small engine repair shop, located on the southeast corner of town.
- There's a Post Office that is a part of the mission Cold Case.
- There’s a foodstuff and pharmacy that contains a small amount of food and chems
- The dilapidated Church to the north of the town has a hidden stash of 2 sniper rifles, pastor’s vestments, a mine and a grenade hidden on a wooden platform on the interior scaffolding of the church. The boards must be shot or hit in order to get the items down.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Holotapes and Notes
- Confidential Safety Data: Inside Post Office box 12 - can only be obtained during Cold Case mission.
- Important Memo: Inside Post Office box 12 - can only be obtained during Cold Case mission.
- Potential power armor
- Inside the brick tower containing the engine repair shop. Can be entered through the roof or the fire escape steps.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The city of Clarksburg exists beyond the game. Located in Harrison County, West Virginia, the city is much larger than its representation in Fallout 76 and was listed to have a population of approximately 16,578 in 2016. The city has four high schools - Washington Irving, Liberty, Kelly Miller, and Victory; the Waldo Hotel; two mansions - the Edgewood Manor and Waldomore; and the Oak Mounds - a large prehistoric earthwork mound.
- Dynamic spawns
- Headwear: Red bandana, trilby hat, newsboy cap, green rag hat, battered fedora, sunglasses, bottlecap sunglasses, combat armor helmet, cop cap, faded visor, black-rim glasses, baseball cap, patrolman sunglasses, blue bandana, green bandana, striped bandana.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Clarksburg appears in Fallout 76.