Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Cleansing the Land
Cleansing the Land
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Securing the nuclear launch key[edit | edit source]
- After recovering DiMA's memories, travel to the Harbor Grand Hotel and enter it.
- Locate the nuclear key. It's in the room accessible through the hole in the kitchen pantry, right opposite the exit.
- Use the keypad to open the safe room.
- Use the terminal and retrieve the Safe Room Security Tape. Listen to it.
- Travel to the motorboat just west of Fringe Cove Docks and recover the key.
Securing the kill switch code[edit | edit source]
- Travel to Rayburn Point.
- Swim to DiMA's cache in the northwest.
- Uncover the mound of dirt and recover the wind turbine code.
- Note: If you are in combat (say, with anglers on another island), you won't be able to interact with the mound.
Deciding[edit | edit source]
- Confront DiMA about the sinister plans. You can also talk to Avery and Tektus. Avery can be extorted for 1000 caps with a persuasion check, and then another 1000 caps if you mention that you're still deciding what to do with Far Harbor.
Far Harbor[edit | edit source]
- Now you can travel to the wind farm maintenance bunker and shut down the turbines to doom Far Harbor, thus fulfilling Tektus' objectives and protecting Acadia from extremists.
- Shutting down the condensers will cause Far Harbor to suffer an invasion of fog crawlers. The inhabitants inevitably lose the fight and whatever survivors are permanently hostile to you.
- Understandably, Old Longfellow will leave your service and turn permanently hostile as well.
- Return to Tektus and claim your reward.
Nucleus[edit | edit source]
- Or you can travel to The Nucleus and convince Tektus to launch the nuclear missiles on the USS Democracy and turn the base into a smoldering crater, saving Far Harbor.
- To convince Tektus, you need to have the key, know of its significance, and completed enough quests in What Atom Requires (at minimum, Tektus' own quest) to have enough pull with the High Confessor. Then it's a case of passing a persuasion check (very difficult if you want to point out that it's to prove dedication or that it's Atom's plan, merely moderate, if you present yourself as Atom's messenger).
- Use the nuclear key on the console next to Tektus' quarters.
- Run. You have 30 seconds to clear the hangar, after which the Democracy launches its payload.
- Mission accomplished.
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
Section needed (GECK check please)
This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help The Vault by writing it.
|Bring Down Far Harbor's Defenses|
|Confront DiMA about the Wind Turbine Kill Switch||I recovered the code to activate the kill-switch installed in Far Harbor's wind turbine. I suppose I could either confront DiMA about this... or I could just pay the maintenance shed a visit.|
|Locate the Nuclear Launch Key||Seems DiMA uncovered the location of the launch key for the submarine in the Nucleus. I'll have to get into the safe room in the Harbor Grand Hotel. Luckily, I've got the code - 485130.|
|Listen to the Safe Room Security Tape.||Appears the Harbor Grand Hotel safe room had an old recording system. Maybe it can point me to the launch key.|
|Obtain the Nuclear Launch Key||The launch key is hidden on a boat at Fringe Cove docks. Safe combination is 44, 6, 75, 12.|
|Confront DiMA about the Nuclear Launch Key||I've found the launch key that could destroy the Nucleus. If I use it, it could change the future of the whole island.|
|(Optional) Speak to the High Confessor about the Nuclear Launch Key|
|It's over. The High Confessor's been replaced and the island can finally be at peace.|