Fallout 3 locations project
Layout[edit | edit source]
Exterior[edit | edit source]
The exterior of the Clifftop Shacks consists of two shacks which can be entered by doors located on the front of the two buildings, as well as a run-down, outside shack with falling walls, a slanted ceiling, rubble littering the floor, and a captive wastelander who can be rescued for a small reward. There are 4-5 super mutants, ranging from regular mutants to dangerous super mutant overlords depending on the player's level, occupying the area as well as 1-2 centaurs, also dependent on the player's level. The clifftops can be accessed by a dirt hill semi-protected with rubble walls that is behind the abandoned shack on the right in the scenery picture.
Northeastern shack[edit | edit source]
The northeastern shack is a single-roomed, abandoned shack and can be accessed by a front door on the outside of the building. The shack has a usable bed, with a safe hidden underneath it.
Southwestern shack[edit | edit source]
The southwestern shack is a two-roomed, abandoned building and can be accessed by a front door on the outside of the building. It contains a captive wastelander.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
In the northeastern shack:
- Board of Education in the hands of a skeleton on the bed.
- Pre-War book on the bedstand.
- Grognak the Barbarian on the middle shelf, of last metal shelving to the right upon entering.
In the southwestern shack:
- Pugilism Illustrated on the shelf in the room to the left.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There are two random encounter triggers that occur near the bottom of the bridge going up, and a puddle next to the cliffs.
- Loading a saved game or fast traveling can cause a group of mutants to spawn, which may include a super mutant overlord (with the Broken Steel add-on) armed with a Gatling laser.
- Sometimes, when using V.A.T.S. from a distance to highlight the captive, the game may not load the super mutants to the area.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Clifftop Shacks appears only in Fallout 3.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.321: "Approach these two mountaintop shacks from the west (you'll be spotted if you come from the east), along the gorge just south of Oasis. Wind around until you can scramble up to the mountain summit, then locate the rope bridge. Snipe from the bridge's other side, and set up mines so the Super Mutants kill themselves trying to reach you."
"When combat is over, inspect the Clifftop Shacks; free the Wastelander captive here if you wish. Search Gore Bags, which contain the body parts of other captives and a decent amount of Caps. In the larger abandoned shack, there is a Super Mutant to tackle, a captive to keep alive, and a shelf safe. Search both shacks for mattresses and the following items:"