We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
From The Vault - Fallout Wiki
Climb Ev'ry Mountain is a side quest in Fallout: New Vegas.
Starting six months ago, someone has been stealing supplies and killing anyone, refugee or soldier, in the Bitter Springs refugee camp. The camp was already in bad shape, but this is only making things worse. Captain Gilles figures that the culprit must be operating from somewhere in the nearby mountains, however, the NCR is stretched thin and Captain Gilles doesn't have the manpower to perform a proper manhunt. She is desperate at this point and asks the Courier for any help they can provide.
- Talk to Captain Gilles at Bitter Springs.
- Investigate the Great Khan supply cave northwest of Bitter Springs.
- Deal with Oscar Velasco, either by killing him, or convincing him with a Speech of 50 to return to Red Rock Canyon or exact revenge in an assault on Camp McCarran.
- Return to Captain Gilles.
|10|| ||Find the source of the attacks on Bitter Springs.|
|20||Tell Captain Gilles about Oscar Velasco.|
- Wearing NCR attire or having Boone follow you (because of the 1st Recon's infamy among the Great Khans) causes Oscar to become hostile.
- The 'peaceful' speech option does not yield any infamy with the Great Khans.
- If Velasco is convinced to take his revenge on Camp McCarran, the next time the camp is entered, he will show up there and attack the forces of the NCR with a mere knife. He will also attack you if you're dressed as a member of the NCR.
- When entering one of the caves, there is a scripted event in which a pack of nightstalkers will attack the player. This is inevitable no matter how stealthy the player is. They can still be killed regardless of it being scripted.
The quest name is most likely a reference to the The Sound of Music song Climb Ev'ry Mountain (1959).
- Pip-Boy as if you haven't completed it. Completing the quest No, Not Much should open up the Captain Giles dialogue tree about Oscar, even if you previously spoke to her and the option to tell her about Oscar was not available. Even if you've been to the cave on top of the mountain and completed the quest, you'll get the reward, but the quest will still be active in your
|Act 1||Ain't That a Kick in the Head · Back in the Saddle · By a Campfire on the Trail · They Went That-a-Way · Ring-a-Ding-Ding!|
|Act 2||Wild Card (Wild Card: Ace in the Hole, Change in Management, You and What Army?, Side Bets, Finishing Touches) · The House Always Wins (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII) · Render Unto Caesar · Et Tumor, Brute? · Things That Go Boom · Kings' Gambit · For the Republic, Part 2 · You'll Know It When It Happens/Arizona Killer|
|Act 3||No Gods, No Masters · All or Nothing · Veni, Vidi, Vici · Eureka!|
|Other||Come Fly With Me · Crazy, Crazy, Crazy · Ghost Town Gunfight · Guess Who I Saw Today · Left My Heart · My Kind of Town · The Legend of the Star and A Valuable Lesson · Unfriendly Persuasion · Wheel of Fortune|
|Companion quests||ED-E My Love · For Auld Lang Syne · Heartache by the Number · I Could Make You Care · I Forgot to Remember to Forget · Nothin' But a Hound Dog · One For My Baby|
|Unmarked quests||A Bit of Slap and Tickle · Access Powers · All Fired Up! · Andy and Charlie · Arachnophobia · Arizona Scavenger · Barton the Fink · Bear Necessities · Big Winner (Atomic Wrangler, The Gomorrah, The Tops, Ultra-Luxe, Vikki & Vance) · Bounty Killer (I, II) · Brotherhood Bond (I, II) · Caching in at the Cove · Cajoling a Cudgel · Claws Mended · Claws Out · Dealing with Contreras · Defacing the Humble Stone · Democracy Inaction · Don't Poke at the Bear · Eddie's Emissary · Exhumin' Nature · Flogging a Dead Corpse · Friend of the Followers · Getting a Leg Up from Andy · Gland for Some Home Cooking · Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger · Hat's Entertainment · Help for Halford · Hidden Valley computer virus · Highway to the Danger Zone (I, II) · Honorary Rocketeer · I Love Bananas · Iron and Stealing · Keith's Caravan Charade · Laurifer Gladiator · Lenk's Bad Debts · Lily and Leo · Long-Term Care · Malleable Mini Boomer Minds · Maud's Muggers · Meeting an Equal · Missing a Few Missiles · Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans · Of Boomers and Education · Old School Ghoul · A Pair of Dead Desperados (I, II) · Papers, Please · Pistol Packing · Playing on the Old Joana · Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup · Powder to the People · Power to the People · Proper Burial · Razzle Dazzle! · Reach for the Sky, Mister! · Rest and Resupply · Ringo's Caravan Rules · Rotface's Loose Lips · The Screams of Brahmin · Silus Treatment · Short-Term Treatment · Smooth-Talking Criminal · Strategic Nuclear Moose · Straus Calls · Strip Search · Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy · Stocking Up · Suits You, Sarah · A Team of Moronic Mercenaries · Team Spirit · The Thorn Mayhem · Thought for the Day · Tourist Traipse · Trudy's Radio Repair · A Trusted Aide · Useless Baubles or Fancy Trinkets? · We Must Stop Beating Like This · We Must Stop Meeting Like This (I, II, III, IV) · Wind-Brahmin Wrangler · You Gotta Break Out a Few Eggs · You Make Me Feel Like a Woman|
| Cut quests||Auto-Inject Quest · Bright and Shiny · Chip Provenance · Debug Topics · Jailhouse Rock · Meat of Champions (quest) · TempMan · The Thorn Mayhem · Underpass Water Purifier · Viva Las Vegas! · Welcome to Fabulous New Vegas|