We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
|For the pre-War company, see Codac.|
Background[edit | edit source]
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The Codac R9000 is a camera used to take pictures of landmarks in Fallout: New Vegas. It behaves similarly to a gun and causes nearby non-player characters to react as though you had fired a weapon when used.
Variants[edit | edit source]
|The following is based on Fallout New Vegas cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
|End of information based on Fallout New Vegas cut content.|
Location[edit | edit source]
Related quest[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Its reticule is exactly the same as the Laser rifle scope, holorifle's scope, and the Red Glare's scope.
- This weapon has an abnormally high AP cost, probably to avoid glitches (costs about 1000 AP).
- Unfortunately, you cannot see the photos you have made.
- Equipping the camera holsters it as if it were a usable weapon. In third person mode, the camera will clip into the Courier's leg slightly.
- Its recoil and reload animations are similar that of the N99 10mm pistol.
- The Codac R9000 actually fires invisible projectiles that deal no damage and will not anger the person "shot". This can be seen by firing it at water. Companions will still remark on how the player is "wasting ammunition".
- Non-player characters, companions included, will react as if the player aims a weapon at them if you point the camera at them.
- If you are on The Strip and you take a picture around Securitrons they will not become hostile but will note that weapon use is disturbing the peace on the strip.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The name first appears on the Necropolis town map background in the original Fallout.
- An unnamed and unusable Codac R9000 appears in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas named simply camera.
- Codac is a parody of Kodak, the company that developed the first roll film cameras.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
The camera is a quest item and because of this it cannot be discarded when the quest is completed and unfortunately due to a bug it is not removed when the quest is turned in either.
- On the PC, it can be removed from the inventory by using the console command SetQuestObject 0011a208 0. If the first command doesn't work, you can use player.RemoveItem 0011a208 1.
- hunting rifle (even without the Jury Rigging perk). This weapon can strangely be repaired with a
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A photograph made with the Codac R9000 camera in Fallout