As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
Van Buren article project
Image used as concept design for Coleridge in the Van Buren design document
|The following is based on Van Buren and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Presper infected himself, Coleridge and a handful of loyal soldiers with the New Plague so they would be taken into Tibbets Prison. Once there, the rest of Presper's men, who were not infected, would stage an attack on the prison which would allow everyone to escape. This event would start a countdown for missile launch onboard Ballistic Orbital Missile Base 001. ODYSSEUS would asses the viral spread, try to gather up the escaped prisoners, and once 90% of the prisoners had been retrieved, launch nuclear missiles to "clean & prevent" any further infection.
Coleridge doesn't believe in killing anyone who isn't threatening him, and he believes solely in his holy crusade to take back the New California Republic (NCR) from Governor Dodge. He is also suspected of being responsible for the attack on the New California Republic Congress.
Interactions with the player character
In the player fights the security bots outside of airlock 3, instead of sneaking around or disabling them. Then Coleridge and the NCR guards will be waiting for him. Coleridge will "politely" request that the player holster his weapon (if drawn) and come with him to meet their commander, Dr. Presper, in the command control room.
As the head of the NCR soldiers aboard the station, the Prisoner may have to kill Coleridge to stop Dr. Presper and the missile launches.
He seems to belive that Presper is leading to greater good, but can be convinced because of the quest Convince Coleridge that Presper deceived them.
- Successfully knock out or kill the engineer without alerting Presper and his men, if the player has successfully sneaked past the security bots on the central hub, which in turn does not set off the internal alarms, then the player can try to sneak up on the engineer who is busy fiddling with a computer on the southwest side of the engineering room. If the engineer raises the alarm, Coleridge and his boys will storm in, guns a blazing.
- Change the targeting solutions on the missiles, imitated by Coleridge. Once the targeting computer is accessed, by whatever means, the player may choose whether or not to change the targeting solutions for the missiles.
- Convince Coleridge that Presper deceived them, convincing Coleridge that Presper deceived them about the New Plague and instead gave him and his men a virus that would eventually kill Coleridge and his NCR soldiers. This news will get Coleridge to turn on Presper. It also clears the way for the player to re-target the missiles, if he wants, without opposition.
|Fort Leavenworth Combat Armor Mark II|
|5mm assault rifle|
Scoped assault rifle
3 frag grenades
3 Tear gas grenades
3 flash grenades
72 5mm rounds
Drops on death
With Charisma of 10, he is a natural leader.
- Van Buren B.O.M.B.-001 design document - Prisoner 31.1: "Dr. Victor Presper". 
- Van Buren B.O.M.B.-001 design document - General Coleridge. 
- Van Buren Boulder design document - History. 
- Van Buren B.O.M.B.-001 design document - Overview. 
- Van Buren B.O.M.B.-001 design document - Successfully knock out or kill the engineer without alerting Presper and his men. 
- Van Buren B.O.M.B.-001 design document - Change the targeting solutions on the missiles. 
- Van Buren B.O.M.B.-001 design document - Convince Coleridge that Presper deceived them.