The Commonwealth Institute of Technology or C.I.T. was a school of higher education in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts within the United States prior to the Great War of 2077.
The Commonwealth Institute of Technology possessed its own experimental nuclear reactor, contained beneath the university itself. After the war, remnants of the Commonwealth Institute of Technology would go on to form the elusive society "The Institute" within the college's underground level in 2110. CIT was responsible for the creation of the Code Defender security software; revolutionary enough that it would be in use by The Institute for the next two centuries.
The Commonwealth Institute of Technology is mentioned only in Fallout: New Vegas, and its ruins and successor appear in Fallout 4.
- ↑ Fallout 4 loading screen hints: Before the war, C.I.T. conducted experiments in its underground nuclear reactor. Today, it has been repurposed, and once activated will provide the Institute with nearly limitless power.
- ↑ Fallout 4 loading screen hints: According to local history, the Institute formed from the remains of C.I.T., the Commonwealth Institute of Technology. But the college itself has lain in ruins for more than two centuries.
- ↑ Fallout 4 loading screen hints: The Institute was officially founded in the year 2110 by a group a of former Commonwealth Institute of Technology students who took refuge in the college's underground level at the time of the Great War.
- ↑ Liam Binet: "Just a few high security doors, right? Controlled by cutting-edge SRB security tech. Yeah. A head on hack is the sucker play. So we go at them sideways. You're willing to help, right? I can't do this alone. Player Default: Of course I'll help you."
The Sole Survivor: "What do you need help with?"
Liam Binet: "Our core security architecture hasn't fundamentally changed from the old CIT days. The original security program was called Code Defender. Revolutionary stuff. We still have terminals running version 1 mothballed in storage. With some persuasion, I can get an old terminal to interface with the new security terminals. Enough to open doors, at least. Problem is I can't even crack version 1. So I need a good old fashion username and password, and that's nowhere to be found in the Institute. But if you could get me a pre-war admin password from the surface, I could log right in."
The Sole Survivor: "Where would I find that?"
Liam Binet: "Unfortunately, I don't know. The obvious place won't work. The CIT Ruins were picked clean years ago. But some of the admins had to live off campus. Ask your friends in the Railroad. I need those login credentials."
(Liam Binet's dialogue)
- ↑ P.A.M.: "Preliminary analysis complete."
Desdemona: "Anything we need to move on?"
P.A.M.: "Affirmative. Code name Patriot requires admin credentials for Code Defender security software. Cross-indexing CIT Security Administrators with 2077 Commonwealth Census Records. Filtering by surviving structures. One match found. Bergman, Wilfred. Bergman, Wilfred registered as co-owner of Cambridge Polymer Labs. Estimated 81% chance of login credentials being located at this facility."
The Sole Survivor: "What's at Cambridge Polymer?"
P.A.M.: "Cambridge Polymer Labs, LLC had several active military contracts. Specializing in robotics. The region is currently classified as "Extremely Dangerous"."
Desdemona: "After you get the password report back here. With any luck, we'll have a game plan by then."
(P.A.M.'s and Desdemona's dialogue)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 CITAdmin01's dialogue
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 CITStudent01's dialogue
- ↑ A tragedy has befallen all mankind
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 CITStudent02's dialogue
- ↑ Vault 76 terminals; Personnel Terminal, UNSAVED WORK