Better image needed
An image on this page has quality issues that need to be rectified. Please help The Vault by editing or replacing it with a better version.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Yeah... that's Cook-cook. Did he always smell like this? Even before he was dead? And the Fiends let this guy touch their food?”— Major Dhatri about Cook-Cook
Background[edit | edit source]
Cook-Cook is an infamous flamer-wielding psychopath who has a very close connection to his pet brahmin, Queenie. He is located just north of the Poseidon gas station, within some ruined buildings. A leader of the Fiends, Cook-Cook is also known for raping captives, including NCR 1st Recon Sniper Corporal Betsy, who still bears the psychological trauma of his attacks, and Pretty Sarah, who was raped, tortured and burned. Cook-Cook gained his nickname not only because he regularly uses fire based weapons, but because he is also an exceptional, if a bit unhygienic, cook. Cook-Cook also dabbles in the slave trade, which is notably exuded by Saint James. Once, after buying a woman, two teenage girls and a teenage boy, he forced the women to watch as he set the boy aflame.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Welding helmet or raider arclight helmet and metal armor|
|Incinerator and Flamer|
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Killing Cook-Cook's pet brahmin Queenie, causes Cook-Cook to go into a frenzy, attacking his fellow Fiends.
- After killing Cook-Cook and speaking to Marco in Westside, talking to Pretty Sarah about his death will result in her awarding 300 caps and four Med-X.
- Talking to Betsy about his death will result in her awarding $380 NCR.
- Cook-Cook has an unused unique dialogue tree in the G.E.C.K., in which the Courier may ask him about himself, his cooking, Violet and Driver Nephi, Queenie, and the NCR.
- When bringing his head to Major Dhatri in Camp McCarran, Dharti will ask if Cook-Cook always smelled like that, and will remark in disgust that this is the man that the Fiends allowed prepare their food.
- Cook-Cook and Driver Nephi use the same character skin.
- On one of the shelves near Cook-Cook the recipe for his Fiend stew can be found, along with some ingredients needed to craft it at the nearby campfire, though some are missing.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Cook-Cook appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Cook-Cook may not appear in his designated location during the Three-Card Bounty quest.
- The Courier: "Major Dhatri said I should ask you about Cook-Cook."
Little Buster: "The rapist with the flamethrower? Yeah, that's a combination I stay the fuck away from. I was stalking him for a while. I'm real good at that. Watching people from where they can't see me, you know? Only one thing I learned about that asshole. He keeps a bunch of Brahmins. Most of them he roasts whenever he feels like it, but there's one... ...must be his pet, or some shit. Doesn't let anybody near that Brahmin. Somebody puts a bullet in her, I bet that'd piss him off good. Might make him careless, too."
(Little Buster's dialogue)
- The Courier: "What's wrong with Betsy?"
Gorobets: "Cook-Cook, one of the fiends, ambushed her and Ten of Spades. They both managed to escape, but not before Cook-Cook raped her. Betsy's shrugged it off like it was nothing, but her behavior keeps getting worse - always making passes at every woman who wanders by. It's inappropriate for anyone in First Recon to behave that way. I could discipline her, but I'd rather she get medical help."
- The Courier: "Tell me about Pretty Sarah."
Marco: "Ain't so pretty, is she? Not since she had a run-in with those Fiends over near McCarran. This Fiend named Cook-Cook on account of the flamethrower he wears? He had his way with Sarah, every way it can be done. Then he starts frying her up for kicks. Guess it was how he signed his work."
(Marco's dialogue (Fallout: New Vegas))
- The Courier: "Yes, it does."
Dhatri: "Good. That's damn good. I figure it's about time we got lucky out here, so maybe you can snuff one of these maniacs. First one calls herself Violet. God knows why - the name is the prettiest thing about her. Spends most of her time with a pack of vicious dogs. Then there's Driver Nephi. He's fast and he's brutal. Killed about a dozen of my men with a goddamn driver iron. Hence his name. And finally... Cook-cook. Rapist. Pyromaniac. And damn good chef, if you believe the Fiends we've captured. Probably the craziest of the lot. I'm not going to feed you any bullshit. These aren't your common Vegas trash. They've all killed good NCR men, and plenty of mercs, too. You go after them - any of them - you're in for a hell of a fight. So... which one is it going to be?"
- The Courier: "I want to claim a bounty."
Dhatri: "That right? You killed one of the psychopaths on my shitlist? Let me see the scumbag's head... Yeah... that's Cook-cook. Did he always smell like this? Even before he was dead? And the Fiends let this guy touch their food? Well... this is payback for at least one of my troopers. She'll be glad to know he's dead. Here's your caps."
- The Courier: "Take a look at this ledger I found in Dermot's room."
Pretty Sarah: "I'll take a look, but you better have a good reason for asking me to violate his privacy. What?... Those bastards! Selling folks off to the Fiends? Selling children - to Cook-Cook...? I've seen enough. They're done for, both of them."
(Pretty Sarah's dialogue)
- Dermot's ledger