In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
|For an overview of knife models throughout the Fallout series, see Knife.|
Stays sharp & will last a lifetime!”— Cosmic knife ad
Made from a "space age" Saturnite alloy in the Big Mountain Research and Development Center, cosmic knives were advertised to be super-sharp, all-purpose kitchen knives that wouldn't chip or dull. A surplus of these knives were shipped to the Cantina Madrid kitchens in the Sierra Madre casino in preparation for the Gala Event. Though lightweight and durable, they proved to be too sharp for their own good, easily capable cutting a person's thumb off if they were careless, and even slice through cutting boards with no effort. This made them perfect for cutting open hazmat suits that had their locks corroded by the red cloud in the Sierra Madre during its construction. Concerns were raised about the safety and necessity of having so many of these knives lying about, but Frederick Sinclair insisted that only the best equipment be used.
They were also found to have incredible heat retention, able to stay super-hot for hours after being heated over a stove. However, they are much more brittle when heated, and if left on an uninsulated surface, they would melt right through.
The cosmic knife super-heated was accidentally discovered by a chef, when one was left on a hot (450 degrees) stove under a pot for five minutes. The alloy retained so much heat that the blade glowed red-hot. The handle was safe to hold, but when the chef put it down on a table, it melted the table.
Compared to the regular kitchen knife, the cosmic knife is longer, stained red with cloud residue, and does more damage. Using Abraxo cleaner, one can turn it into a clean cosmic knife. They glow violet before they are cleaned, most likely due to years of cloud exposure. The name "cosmic knife" is a brand name only, referring to the "space-age" Saturnite material it's made of, and not because it originates from outer space.
It has a special "Back Slash" attack, which does 70% damage in V.A.T.S. at the cost of 16 action points (requires a Melee skill of 50).
- Cosmic knife clean - a polished variant that does more damage and has an increased critical hit multiplier.
- Cosmic knife super-heated - a heated variant that can set enemies ablaze.
|Name||Dmg/att||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||AP cost||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|Cosmic knife||12||36||3||x1.0||12||20||1||150||35||Melee Weapons:0 Strength:1|
|Cosmic knife clean||15||45||3||x1.2||15||20||1||200||50||Melee Weapons:0 Strength:1|
|cosmic knife super-heated||14||42||3||x5.0||14||20||1||150||50||Melee Weapons:0 Strength:1|
- There are three to for on worktops in the kitchen in the Cantina Madrid.
- Many can be found in desks in the rooms on the top floor of the Sierra Madre Medical Clinic.
- One can be found stabbed into a Cutting board in the Villa Police Station.
- One can be found stabbed into a bed next to an assassins suit in the Sierra Madre Medical Clinic.
- One can be found in the kitchen of the Executive Suites in the Sierra Madre Casino.
- One can be found right next to the exit from the Villa to the Mojave, next to one Sierra Madre Chip.
- One can be found in the eastern part of the Villa. It is located in the gift shop on a display rack next to a cosmic knife advertisement.
- One can be found in a cafe with a radio in Salida del Sol Courtyard next to a cutting board.
- Despite being developed at the Saturnite alloy research facility in Big MT, cosmic knives can't be found there.