Regular and fully modified
The cowboy repeater is a lever-action rifle firing small-caliber .357 magnum round or .38 special rounds. It has a peep sight similar to that of the brush gun and the Battle rifle (and its unique variant This Machine). Due to the gun having a tube magazine, it is reloaded by hand one bullet at a time, as such it can be interrupted midway through reloading and fired if needed. Because of this, it gives the gun the added advantage of being quickly available to fire again if only a single/few rounds are needed. The cowboy repeater also appears to be the "standard rifle" for Recruit legionaries.
Its low skill requirement of 25 makes it an effective choice of weapon for a player character with only a modest investment in the Guns skill. At later levels the Cowboy perk makes a fully modified cowboy repeater a useful weapon, with the +25% damage bonus from the cowboy perk, combined with the common .357 ammunition and ease of repair, makes it a good all-purpose weapon.
- Cowboy repeater maple stock, decreases weight by 1.5.
- Cowboy repeater long tube, +4 ammunition capacity.
- Cowboy repeater custom action, increases rate of fire by 20%.
- La Longue Carabine, a unique variant of the cowboy repeater, enhanced with a scope along with a faster rate of fire and increased magazine size.
|Name||Type||Dmg/shot||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||Spread||AP cost||Ammo||Ammo cap||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.||Notes|
|Cowboy repeater||Lever-action rifle||32||54.2||1.7||x1.25||32||0.06||27||.357 Magnum round||7||5||120||800||Guns:25 Strength:4||-|
|La Longue Carabine||Lever-action rifle||35||75.3||2.2||x1.5||35||0.05||24||.357 Magnum round||11||5||150||1500||Guns:25 Strength:5||Scoped|
- Gun Runners - Vendortron sells one.
- REPCONN test site checkpoint - on the pedestrian bridge spanning the road between Novac and the REPCONN Test Site, it can be found leaning against the shelving near a dead ghoul.
- Mojave Outpost - Ranger Ghost and Ranger Jackson both have one.
- Primm - two, in very poor condition, can be found in the sheriff's office; one underneath the reloading bench and the other under the bed.
- Can be found on various non-player character's at various levels, including but not limited to Powder gangers, Legion soldiers, Fiends and NCR Rangers.
- Prior to patch 126.96.36.1992, the cowboy repeater had a minimum spread of 0.04 degrees, required 20 AP to use in VATS, and fired 2.15 shots per second. The custom action mod also previously applied a 50% rate of fire bonus.
- Adding modifications (with the exception of the long tube mod) will remove the peep sight from the Cowboy Repeater.
Behind the scenes
- It is loosely based on the Winchester Model 1892.
- V.A.T.S. reload, it may make it so that the player must reload an earlier save. This is one of the weapons affected by the round-by-round reloading bug. Sometimes all other actions will be locked out after reloading until the player attempts to fire the weapon. The attempt will have no result aside from unlocking the ability of the player to take actions. The player will still be able to move but will not be able to take any actions which are unavailable while reloading. If this bug occurs during a
- If the player puts away the cowboy repeater while it is being closed for reloading, in third person view the action will still be hanging open.
- If the player fires in third person and then reloads and starts running right after reloading the weapon, the rifle will stay perpendicular to the players arm. To remedy this, simply go back into 1st person and then go back into 3rd person.
- brush gun and trail carbine. This can be fixed by changing the ammunition type again. When changing ammunition types this weapon could be caught in a reload loop, this is also common on the
- Sometimes your weapon will disappear until you move, where it will come down from the top of the screen.
- As with all lever action weapons, a bug exists where if one changes ammunition types twice consecutively, the weapon returns to having a full clip in the ammunition type that was selected.
- When using true iron sights, the bullet always travels very slightly above the front sight because the front sight and rear sight are not exactly aligned. To compensate, try targeting with only the very center of the peep sight (the center being just slightly above the front sight) to target or turn off true iron sights.
- Weapon mods may not show when dropped.