Fallout 3 locations project
Guard at Craterside Supply. He sleeps in the first floor bed at 5 AM.
Craterside Supply is a store located in Megaton in Fallout 3. It can be found by going right and following the path as soon as you enter Megaton. The store opens at 8:00am, and the owner Moira Brown's stock, as well as her caps, refresh on Mondays and Thursdays. The shop sells anything one might need, and as most of the Megaton Settlers point out, usually at a good price. Speaking with Moira will give you the option of buying items or starting the The Wasteland Survival Guide quest.
Craterside Supply is guarded by a single mercenary who upon interaction tells you he is watching you, although during her quest he might say, "Leave me out of that girl's crazy experiments. I don't get paid enough for that," probably referring to the help you are giving Moira. Any negative interaction with Moira such as stealing or injuring her will lead to the mercenary engaging with you.
On the right upon entry, the counter is just beyond the entrance, with an armored Vault 101 jumpsuit behind it and a locker that contains some of Moira's inventory, but cannot be picked. Moira's terminal (very easy) is directly to the left which contains information on Moira's experiments. Near that is another fully stocked locker which can also only be opened with Moira's key. On another side, the mercenary stands with his back against the wall alongside a workbench and a small opening. Walking through the opening leads to the stairway and the bed owned by the mercenary.
Going upstairs leads to a small living room which contains only a sofa. The opening in this room leads to Moira's bedroom, which contains with a hard locked desk and Moira's bed.
- Moira's terminal has a few humourous bits of info on it. The three options are to check the store inventory, Survival Guide progress, and "track current experiments". The current experiments can be found on this page.
- If you did not complete the optional objective for the Mole Rat section of the Wasteland Survival Guide quest, the Repellent Stick can be stolen from Moira's hard locked desk upstairs.
Behind the scenes
The Craterside Supply appears only in Fallout 3.
- If you kill Moira and open the shop locker using her key, it is possible to find (almost) all keys in the game.
- If you try to enter The Craterside Supply at the moment it opens at dawn, the game will crash.
- If you enter Craterside Supply a moment or two after it first opens the guard and Moira will react as if you have picked the lock to get in.
- Using the right stick to pick up an item may result in Moira and her Mercenary guard attacking the player as if witnessed stealing.
- The mercenary may automatically become hostile the first time you enter. Fighting back will cause Moira to flee, and the town becomes hostile.