Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Cromwell in Fallout Shelter
Come forth and drink the waters of the Glow, for this ancient weapon of war is our salvation, it is the very symbol of Atom's glory!”— Confessor Cromwell, to the Children of Atom followers in Megaton.
Background[edit | edit source]
Little is known about Cromwell's past. 44 years old in 2277, he was born in 2233 and arrived in Megaton when he was in his early 20s. The church granted him permission to stay due to the blessing and high standing of his predecessor in the church, who fostered him in the ways of Atom. Eventually, Cromwell proved to be a valuable resource in protecting and aiding the town, and he became an eccentric distraction to most of the citizens of Megaton. He is married to Mother Maya, his counterpart in the church.
Daily schedule[edit | edit source]
He can be seen standing in the center of town, next to the bomb and praying to it in ankle-deep irradiated water. He even beseeches Atom to "shape his fragile form." He is heard preaching to his audience about the teachings of the Children of Atom, mainly on the subject of "birthing a thousand stars", relating to his (and the children of atoms) belief that inside every atom is an entire universe. No matter how long you sit there and listen, he will never stop talking.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character starts quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Church Donations: Donating to the Children of Atom through the appropriate dialogue choice will result in good karma. The amount of karma gained is proportional to the amount of caps given to the church.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- Cromwell will not turn hostile if the Megaton bomb is disarmed.
- While he insists on pacifism and sobriety, the player can find a N99 10mm pistol and whiskey in his office.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Wasteland settler outfit|
|Key - Church of Atom|
Drops on death
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Behold! He's coming with the clouds! And every eye shall be blind with his glory! Every ear shall be stricken deaf to hear the thunder of his voice!"
- "Come forth and drink the waters of the Glow, for this ancient weapon of war is our salvation, it is the very symbol of Atom's glory!"
- "Give your bodies to Atom, my friends. Release yourself to his power, feel his Glow and be Divided."
- "There shall be no tears, no sorrow, no suffering, for in the Division, we shall see our release from the pain and hardships of this world."
- "Yea, your suffering shall exist no longer; it shall be washed away in Atom's Glow, burned from you in the fire of his brilliance."
- "Each of us shall give birth to a billion stars formed from the mass of our wretched and filthy bodies."
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- If the Confessor is offed, his followers will continue to gather around the bomb, as if listening to him.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.66: "Confessor Cromwell
Little is known about Cromwell's past: He arrived in his early 20s (he's now 44) and was granted permission to stay due to the blessing and high standing of his successor in the church, who fostered him in the ways of Atom. Eventually, Cromwell proved to be a valuable resource in protecting and aiding the town, and he became an eccentric distraction to most of the citizens of Megaton."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)