Cleanup (His timeline is in error)
To meet The Vault's quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving the article.
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Is that so? Even if I call you a milk-sucking, mutant-loving, water-stealing, son of a whore?”— Mister Crowley, Fallout 3.
Mister Crowley is a ghoul resident of the Underworld in Fallout 3.
Background[edit | edit source]
Mister Crowley is as bitter a Ghoul as you’ll find. He was transformed 10 years ago, due to an extreme exposure of radiation that should have killed him. He once lived at Rivet City, but the bias and hatred he experienced there forced him to move on. Crowley discovered Underworld and has taken up permanent residence, but remains resentful of the harsh treatment he received from humans. He spends most of his time in the Ninth Circle, drinking heavily.
Crowley and four other mercenaries - Dave, Jeff Strayer, Dukov, and Tara - were sent to Fort Constantine by Allistair Tenpenny to retrieve a rare weapon. During the mission, Crowley was locked in a room full of feral ghouls by Dukov, who wanted to increase his own share of the pay. Crowley survived the imprisonment and harbors resentment toward those who left him behind.
Daily schedule[edit | edit source]
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character starts quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- You Gotta Shoot 'Em In The Head: Mister Crowley gives you a list of four targets he wants dead.
Effects of player actions[edit | edit source]
- If you keep the keys for yourself, you can go to Fort Constantine and take the T-51b Power-Armor. However, Mister Crowley won't be too happy with this. Accordingly, he will say only "You stole what was rightfully mine. Get lost." after your acquisition. He will also say the same line of dialog if the player has pickpocketed the keys from him after already given them to him.
- If you hand him the keys and managed to obtain "his" power armor from Fort Constantine, he might show up later and attempt to kill you.
- If you hand him the keys and later travel to Fort Constantine's Bomb Storage section (you'll have to pick a "very hard" lock to get in) he will be inside wearing the armor and thank you for the keys. You can kill him for no karma effect and take the T-51b Power-Armor.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Dirty pre-War businesswear|
Scoped .44 Magnum
Drops on death
|No additional items|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like other traveling non-player characters, Crowley is vulnerable in the Wasteland as long as the player is around.
- Crowley has green hair, which is rarely seen on other characters.
- The keys are still obtainable when turned in to Crowley.
- After obtaining the armor, Crowley can appear randomly at places which the player has fast-travelled to or waited at.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Crowley appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- Mr. Crowley is possibly named after Aleister Crowley, a famous British writer and occultist. (Aleister Crowley's first name is often misspelled Alistair or Allistair, as in Allistair Tenpenny, the arch-nemesis of Underworld's Mr. Crowley.)
- The Fallout 3 Official Game Guide uses the lyrics to Ozzy Osbourne's song Mr Crowley in its walkthrough of You Gotta Shoot 'em in the Head.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Crowley may fall 'through' the Potomac River Bridge about two-thirds of the way across, probably due to a glitch in the programming. Crowley will continue his journey after his fall.
- Occasionally, Crowley will go into a bout of slow motion sprinting, running at nearly half speed but with full striding animation. He will resume normal movement upon his next combat encounter.
- Anchorage simulation. Crowley may deliver the "You stole what was rightfully mine!" line if the player acquires the winterized T-51b power armor Helmet from the
- Broken Steel installed: After getting the T-51b power armor and T-51b power helmet from Fort Constantine by unlocking all the doors, then finishing the You Gotta Shoot 'Em In The Head quest by giving Crowley the keys, and fast traveling back to snatch the armor before Crowley finds out, Crowley has been encountered still friendly in the Presidential Metro, just inside the doors from M.A.R.Go.T., during the Who Dares Wins quest. With
- Crowley may get stuck on his way to or from Fort Constantine.
- Occasionally, Mr. Crowley will not appear in Underworld.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.86: "Mister Crowley
Mister Crowley is as bitter a Ghoul as you'll find. He was transformed 10 years ago, due to an extreme exposure of radiation that should have killed him. He once lived at Rivet City, but the bias and hatred he experienced there forced him to move on. Crowley discovered Underworld and has taken up permanent residence, but remains resentful of the harsh treatment he received from humans. He presents you with a complex revenge plan that he wants you to carry out. Mister Crowley spends most of his time in the Ninth Circle, drinking heavily."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)