Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Between having to hire protection and getting slapped with taxes, it's more profitable to stick to Arizona and New Mexico. But, I do cross the river from time to time when an opportunity comes along.”
Background[edit | edit source]
Barton prefers to trade in Legion territories versus NCR territories, saying that he finds it cheaper and safer. This is due to Caesar's Legion not demanding (or needing) heavy taxes from traders and its effectiveness at keeping its territory safe from raiders. When asked about Legate Lanius, he mentions that Lanius killed one of his brahmin just because it was in his way, though goes on to say that he had enough sense not to complain.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 600-4800|
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: 58|
Effect of the player's actions[edit | edit source]
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Field hand outfit|
Cattleman cowboy hat
|.44 Magnum revolver|
|.44 Magnum round|
Case, .44 Magnum
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- He has a large selection of items and regularly updates his wares.
- If the Courier engages and is hostile with the Legion, Dale will still be neutral.
- Once Dale reaches 41,000 in caps he will not dip below it while playing Caravan. This can be exploited to earn caps and get the Know When to Fold Them and Caravan Master achievements/trophies.
- If you are in bad terms with the Legion, Dale, instead of talking and just saying random quotes, will have said quotes be from typical NCR civilians. Even saying, "There's been reports of Legion raiding parties.", or mentioning Motor-Runner was put down. He will also offer no option to trade with you.
- Dale is the only merchant in the game who will play Caravan an unlimited number of times.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Trading with Dale Barton can cause the game to crash. The only way to clear this problem is to restart game (PS3) or restart the console entirely (Xbox 360). This appears to happen most often when buying weapon mods or caravan cards.
- Game may crash at the end of a game of Caravan.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Dale Barton appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.