Auto-calc stats, PC Level Mult, No Knockdowns
These Brotherhood "scribes" wouldn't know what to do with half the equipment here if their lives depended on it. I'm basically running this place from behind the scenes, no matter what Bigsley tells you.”— Daniel Agincourt, Fallout 3.
Daniel Agincourt is an engineer working on Project Purity in Fallout 3.
Background[edit | edit source]
Daniel is rather rude and standoffish, focusing most of his energy on his work for Project Purity. He holds much disdain for James and the Lone Wanderer, viewing them as the cause for the project's indefinite hiatus, and the cause of "impurity" problems. He has no interest nor the time for adventures and fancy plans, he focuses in Project Purity instead. Should the need arise, however, he is brave enough to fight. Unfortunately, though being an experienced engineer, Daniel proves a less-than-capable fighter in comparison to other non-player characters, and he will generally either run or perish when faced with unfavorable odds.
Despite his initial rudeness, if the Lone Wanderer later informs him of their father's death, he will apologize for his behavior and display remorse at having been so rude, and will show much grief. Another option is to tell him "You better walk away right now", after escaping with Dr Li and the group. He will reply with "Well, I'm just saying..." with hesitation. This suggests that he is scared of the player, but yet he still attacks the player with standoffish comebacks.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character is a temporary party member.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- The Waters of Life: Daniel is part of Madison Li's and James' science team at the memorial. He is curt and rude to the player, until they save his life in the aforementioned quest. The player can provide him with a handgun for self-defense, prompting the folowing responses:
- .32 pistol - "I guess it's better than nothing. Thanks."
- 10mm pistol - "Sure. Beats having nothing, doesn't it?"
- Silenced 10mm pistol - "I'm not sure the silencer will do me much good, but I'll take it. Thanks."
- Chinese pistol - "Hmm, okay. Never used one of these before, but I can probably figure it out."
- Scoped .44 Magnum - "Wow, you sure about that? Okay..."
Effects of player actions[edit | edit source]
- Killing Daniel turns Garza hostile.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Drops on death
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "The hell do you care? You showed up here what, five minutes ago, and now you're strutting around like you own the place? You showed up here what, five minutes ago, and now you're strutting around like you own the place?"
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Daniel Agincourt appears only in Fallout 3.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.67: "Daniel Agincourt
This rather rude and standoffish young engineer is hard at work on Project Purity, and has no time for young adventurers with fancy plans. Should Project Purity succeed, he becomes much more reverential toward you, swallowing his pride for the good of the cause. He even offers to take a weapon you aren't using and fight with you. Alas, you'll soon find out his skills are purely based in engineering and not combat."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)