You may darken our doorstep at any time, so long as you bring me what I ask for.”— Daniel Littlehorn, Fallout 3.
Daniel Littlehorn is the enigmatic head of Littlehorn & Associates in Fallout 3.
An elderly man in his late 70s, Daniel Littlehorn has run his organization as far as anyone can remember. He is a commanding but unseen presence in the Capital Wasteland. If good men falter and innocents are slain, it is very likely Littlehorn and Associates are behind it.
He has four secretaries working for him when you meet him.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character provides miscellaneous services.|
|Grimy pre-War businesswear|
Drops on death
- He is considered to be a "good" character, seeing as he drops an ear; however he pays mercenaries to hunt down and kill other good people. The precise reason for this is unknown, but it may have to do with his role changing during development.
Behind the scenes
- Littlehorn may have been originally planned to be the leader of the Regulators:
- According to the GECK, Littlehorn has (unused) dialogue that is basically a mirror copy of Sonora's recruitment dialogue for the Lawbringer perk. The dialogue is as follows:
- What are the Regulators all about?
- We live to cleanse the Wasteland of the scum and evil that pollute it. We're the only thing that represents any sort of law out here. We hunt down the worst criminals imaginable and deliver the only justice we have: a bullet. So, what do you say?
- I don't care about your cause. I'm here for the money.
- Fair enough. We'll still take the help where we can get it. So, the deal is this: there are a lot of evil assholes out there. Take 'em down, bring us their fingers as proof and we'll pay you for each. We'll be watching you until we know you can be trusted, so don't try anything stupid.
- He also has Good karma set, rather than Evil.
- Daniel Littlehorn's name may be a reference to the prophecy found in the book of Daniel, regarding the anti-christ, who manifests in Daniel's prophecy as a 'little horn'.
- caps. The process is repeatable for even more caps. It is possible to render him unconscious and pickpocket him to find an Ear, which you can sell to him for
Daniel Littlehorn appears only in Fallout 3.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.68: "Daniel Littlehorn
An elderly man with a sharp suit and penchant for French Traditionalist Painters, Daniel Littlehorn has run his organization for as long as any of his secretaries can remember. Although now in his late 70s, Littlehorn is a commanding (but unseen) presence across the Wasteland. If good men falter, innocents are slain, or water supplies become more tainted, you can bet Littlehorn's clandestine organization is behind it."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)