It's perfect. It will kill them all. I'm doing this for you, Billy. They killed you and now I will kill them. All of them. If I add my secret formula to the... no. Don't write that down Darius. The rats could steal this journal and give it to the government. I can't have them ruining my plans. After it happens, then they can listen to my holotapes and read my journals. Then they'll know. Then they'll be sorry.”
Darius Angler was an employee of Grafton Steel and one of the best chemists east of the Mississippi. When Grafton Steel began cutting costs to increase its profit margins, focusing primarily on worker compensation and other worker-related fronts, such as workplace safety budgets and so on, injuries and even deaths started to mount. Darius eventually resigned in disgust, trying to convince his brother, William Angler, to quit as well. However, William relied on the funds from the mill to keep his family fed. It backfired: Cuts in workplace safety resulted in the catwalks deteriorating due to heat from the furnace. They eventually gave out, just as William was passing near a vat of molten steel during mandatory overtime imposed by the company. He was killed on the spot, with nothing left for burial.
Darius swore revenge against Grafton Steel. Grief pushed him to investigate Grafton Steel in depth, uncovering a network of shadowy connections, kickbacks, farcical inspections, and general bribery. Afraid of company surveillance, he moved out to a cabin in the woods. His deteriorating mental state turned into paranoia and he eventually started shooting hikers coming near the cabin. He booby-trapped his cabin and started monitoring the local fox population for GS leanings too.
Eventually, he decided on the means to carry out his revenge. He created a concoction that, when placed in the furnace of the mill, would turn into a toxic white powder that would kill all living things in the valley. He prepared a manifesto to ensure that the public would learn of why he did what he did. The Great War provided the perfect cover. As the air raid sirens blared and bombs dropped, he was contacted by Billy's spirit (or so his grief-broken mind thought) telling him to sneak into the mill and place the formula in the furnaces. He succeeded - and the smoke stacks started spewing toxic dust, turning the entire region into the Toxic Valley. 
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Darius Angler is mentioned only in Fallout 76.
- Darius Angler's Manifesto, part 1: "I hate Grafton Steel Mill. Too many of us that work there are getting hurt. They don't care about us. They only care about profits. That's why I quit.
I tried to get my brother Billy to quit, but he needs the money. Grafton Steel don't deserve me. They don't' appreciate me. I'm the best chemist this side of the Mississippi. They'll never be able to replace me. That will show those bastards. "
- Darius Angler's Manifesto, part 2: "They killed my brother! Those bastards at the Grafton Steel Mill killed Billy. Mandatory overtime they called it. He should never have been on those catwalks. I can't even bury him. When you fall into a vat of molten steel there's nothing left of you. I'll get them for this. I'll show those bastards."
- Darius Angler's Manifesto, part 3: " I've uncovered a conspiracy between the government and Grafton Steel. Kickbacks, wink and nod inspections, bribes, you name it. There's no telling how big this is. I think they bugged my house, so I've moved to a cabin in the woods where nobody can find me. Yesterday I had to shoot a woman. She claimed she was just hiking, but I know she was an agent sent to spy on me."
- Darius Angler's Manifesto, part 4: "I've booby trapped my cabin. They're attaching listening devices to the raccoons to spy on me. But I'm too smart for them. They can't get past my traps. I saw a fox look funny at me today. They might be using them too. If I see another one come around, that will prove it. "
- Darius Angler's Manifesto, part 5: "It's perfect. It will kill them all. I'm doing this for you, Billy. They killed you and now I will kill them. All of them. If I add my secret formula to the... no. Don't write that down Darius. The rats could steal this journal and give it to the government. I can't have them ruining my plans. After it happens, then they can listen to my holotapes and read my journals. Then they'll know. Then they'll be sorry. "
- Darius Angler's Manifesto, part 6: "The air raid sirens. The ground shaking. It's Billy. He's telling me it's time. Everyone is thinking about the bombs. They won't notice me. All I have to do is sneak in to Grafton Steel and use my secret formula. Then their smoke stacks will begin spewing toxic dust all over the valley. Then they'll be sorry they hurt Billy. They'll be sorry and dead. "