Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The dart gun is a player-crafted weapon which functions like a small pistol-crossbow. It can be assembled at any workbench by using at least one dart gun schematic, and the appropriate components. A paint gun serves as the framework for the gun, with the paint can containing the poison from a radscorpion poison gland. A toy car is used as the bow, with elastic surgical tubing attached to the car's wheels in order to propel the ammunition.
The weapon fires darts that have been dipped in radscorpion venom. A hit anywhere on a target's body will instantly cripple the legs and anywhere else hit, making it extremely useful against fast melee opponents including deathclaws, yao guai, feral ghoul reavers, and super mutants. Surprisingly, the poison from the dart does affect radscorpions, however it does not hinder a radscorpion's speed as dramatically as it would that of another enemy.
After the initial hit, the darts inflict additional poison damage on a target for 8 seconds unless the target is non-organic, such as a robot, in which case the poison will do no extra damage. The poison damage effects of the dart stack; more darts in the target at once will cause it to lose health at a faster rate.
The dart gun is treated as a silenced weapon, and has 0 spread (perfect accuracy when shot with 100 small guns skill), making it an effective stealth weapon.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
1 Toy car
1 Dart gun
Locations[edit | edit source]
The dart gun is a player-crafted weapon, and must be created at a workbench. It is not otherwise found in the Capital Wasteland.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The dart gun weighs less than half of all the components used to craft it.
- The dart gun can fire 828 darts before breaking.
- This gun can fire through water to hit completely submerged enemies.
- There is writing on one side of the paint can which reads 'bug juice', referring to the radscorpion venom.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- If you crouch with the dart gun equipped, the rod on the back of the paint gun component will constantly move back and forth (as if you were reloading). This only happens when viewing your character in 3rd person. (Patched)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Concept art by Adam Adamowicz