Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Dean's Secret Stash
Dean's Secret Stash
Description[edit | edit source]
During the player's adventure through Dead Money, they will likely come across a suitcase with a handprint on a wall near it.
- The player must find and open all 15 stashes to complete this challenge.
Locations[edit | edit source]
The Villa[edit | edit source]
- One of the stashes can be found northeast of the Villa. As you face the hologram of the woman where you first encounter Elijah, head east and you will come up to a fountain on the wall, to the right of which will be graffiti saying "MADRE'S MINE, MINE, MINE!". Take a left as you face the fountain and you will come into a courtyard; in front of you will be a sign to the gift shop, which you should enter. Taking the stairs up to the next floor, there will be a door to the left. Outside, through the thick red cloud, you will faintly see Dean's handprint past the tree in the distance—it's up on the second level so don't jump down; instead, stay on the awnings along the left. Players should be warned that this area is heavy with the toxic cloud. On Hardcore mode, it is suggested to have Dean along with you or plenty of stimpaks, and to run like hell. On normal mode, it's easy enough to run along the awnings without incurring much damage to your health. It should also be noted that the corner in which the stash can be found is free of the toxic cloud, so it is safe to linger there. In this stash you will find an automatic rifle in good condition, along with a number of health items that are worth grabbing if you're just starting out in Dead Money.
- One may be found on the way to the Police Station. It can be located behind one of the columns directly south of the skeleton with the spear sticking out of it, by a fountain with graffiti bearing the words "Find God in the simplest of beasts" next to some steps. Next to the stash sits a caravan shotgun.
- One may be found in the Ladies bathroom in the northeast corner of the Villa Police Station, where you find Dog/God.
- One is located in the southeastern-most corner of the Villa, just south of the entrance to Salida del Sol South. It is lying behind a shelf in a small shop, which is through a closed door.
Residential District[edit | edit source]
- From the entrance of the Residential District walk directly toward the fountain and turn left. Unlock the gate and turn left at the next doorway. The next area has two staircases, take the left staircase. Jump behind the couch for the stash and an ammunition box.
- From the entrance to the Residential District head up the stairs directly in front of you (disarm the mine in front of the staircase; there is also a double-rigged shotgun aimed at the entrance of the room along with a tripwire at the exit of the room). Proceed to the next area with the Cloud. Hug the south wall to avoid the cloud and turn left into a small atrium; the stash is located in the southeast corner.
Medical District[edit | edit source]
- One stash can be found in the medical clinic in the southeast corner of the waiting room, on the ground floor of the Villa Clinic.
- One can be found leaving the Villa Clinic through the back door. After leaving the clinic, cross the courtyard and enter the gift shop. Go up the stairs and out onto a large balcony area. The stash is in the northeast corner of this area.
Salida del Sol South[edit | edit source]
- One is located near the switching station where the player leaves Dog/God at the conclusion of Fires in the Sky. Put your back to the switches, walk East across the open area, about 100 feet, enter the hallway and look for a small dead end passage on your left (north).
- In a second floor hole in the wall accessible by roofs, directly opposite the "Try to leave and BOOM" graffiti at the top of a staircase.
- In a Cloud-filled shop on the east side of the map. There is a cosmic knife sandwich board outside and a ladder next to a speaker nearby.
Salida del Sol North[edit | edit source]
- On your map, to the immediate right of the lower Salida del Sol North entrance is a staircase. At the top of the stairs to the left, is the top of an archway. Jump over the stair rail and cross the archway, follow the ledge to your left until you see another archway. Cross it and follow that ledge to your right until you see a hole in the wall. The hole leads to a room filled with desks, (filled with chips and random ammunition), and lamps. Above the stash is a vent that contains a random chem (stimpak, rebound, jet, etc.), and the Sierra Madre snowglobe can be found either: on top of a crate in the opposite corner; or inside the room to right of the hole in the wall you enter the room through, on top of a pile of debris(the dead money snow globe is opposite the stash).
- Across from the stairs used for the previous stash, there is another set of stairs to a single room. There is a radio hidden behind the counter under the hand print. The stash is on the top shelf next to the radio.
- (As soon as you leave number one) you will see a gate shrouded in the Cloud. Go through the gate and through the hole in the wall to your left, up the stairs, and out onto the balcony. You should be above a courtyard filled with the Cloud. The stash is in the northwest corner of said courtyard. You will need a key (located next to the corpse holding a toolbox to the left when facing the exit gate) to escape this courtyard back to Salida del Sol South.
- When heading to the bell tower at the far north end of the map, you'll come through a ruined store into a courtyard. The north side of the courtyard has stairs up to Campanas Del Sol. The south side of the courtyard has stairs leading down covered in cloud. (It's easy to miss heading up, since you exit with the stairs behind you.) Run down the stairs and find the case in the far southwest corner of the room at the bottom. Note you can also work your way around to the east from the courtyard, avoid the Cloud and get to the stash that way. The ruined apartment you go through this way also contains a terminal with an entry related to the challenge History's Sake.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Stashes typically consist of a main stash container (usually a suitcase), as well as a number of items nearby. These nearby items are specific and will not change. The contents of each stash container are varied, but are composed of the following:
- Three stimpaks
- Five bobby pins
- One 9mm pistol, cosmic knife, or police pistol
- A varying amount (max 12) of one ammunition type, which can be any of the following:
- A second amount of ammunition (still max 12), consisting of:
- A 75% chance of one of the following food items:
- A 75% chance of one of the following drink items:
- A 50% chance of one of the following healing items:
- A 1% chance of the following aid item: