The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Better image needed
An image on this page has quality issues that need to be rectified. Please help The Vault by editing or replacing it with a better version.
Ten demerits! Back to class with you, rapscallion!”— Dean's response to the Lone Wanderer persuading that they lost their hall pass. (Child at Heart)
Background[edit | edit source]
Dean Dewey is the head disciplinarian at Roosevelt Academy. He patrols the halls making sure students are not in the halls without a pass. Dean Dewey is apparently unaware that the Great War has occurred and will go about his schedule as normal.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character has no special interactions.|
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- You can activate Dean Dewey by hacking the Headmaster's terminal. Subsequently, he will wander the corridors and attack any hostiles. If he challenges you for a hall pass you can use either the Child at Heart or Robotics Expert perk to talk your way out. If your Intelligence is 3 or below, you will be called a "special needs" child and be escorted to a classroom.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- He is prone to death due to the large abundance of super mutants occupying the area.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Special needs students must be chaperoned at all times. Allow me to escort you back to class, child."
- "Good morning! It's a great day at Roosevelt High School!"
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Dean Dewey appears only in Fallout 3
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- Dean Dewey is probably named after famed education reformer John Dewey (October 20, 1859 – June 1, 1952).
- Dean Dewey's special dialogue for players with 3 Intelligence or less is a reference to Fallout 1 and 2, which had special dialogues for low Intelligence characters (characters with 3 or less Intelligence).