We've Moved! Just as Gamepedia has joined forces with Fandom, this wiki had joined forces with our Fandom equivalent. The wiki has been archived and we ask that readers and editors move to the now combined wiki on Fandom. Click to go to the new wiki.

Dean Domino's dialogue

From The Vault - Fallout Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Mbox incomplete.png
Missing data (Missing whole lines)
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Dean Domino's dialogue
Game Information
NPCDean Domino
WriterChris Avellone[1]
Technical
Data FileDeadMoney.esm
 
Gametitle-FNV DM.png
Gametitle-FNV DM.png

Dialogue file table

Dialogue file table
CATEGORY TOPIC TOPIC TEXT PROMPT RESPONSE TEXT FILENAME NOTES
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic070 What can you tell me about the Villa and the town? Residential area, clinic, police station - should keep away from the police station, it's a Ghost People hangout. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDD3_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic070 What can you tell me about the Villa and the town? Salida del Sol, Puesta del Sol are East Town, West Town. "Sunrise" and "Sunset." {To himself, irritated}Or were when the streets and sky weren't covered with toxic gas. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDD3_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic070 What can you tell me about the Villa and the town? Ghost People don't come into the Villa much. West Town and East Town, though... they're thick with the Cloud {emph}and Ghost People. Like hunting grounds. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDD3_3
Topic FollowersWait Wait here. {Nods, but slight worry}Don't be long. NVDLC01Fol_FollowersWait_00005404_1
Topic NVDLC01WTDeanEnterBark NVDLC01WTDeanEnterBark {Quiet, slightly nervous}Let's head through the hole in the wall there - if we go backstage, we avoid the locals. NVDLC01Fol_NVDLC01WTDeanEn_0000FE53_1 <The player enters west town for the first time and Dean suggest the player head through the hole in the wall to avoid the ghost people.>
Topic FollowersLetsGo Let's get going. Music to my ears. NVDLC01Fol_FollowersLetsGo_00005444_1
Topic FollowersStealthing FollowersStealthing {Quiet, to himself}This crouching's hell on my knees. NVDLC01Fol_FollowersStealt_00005329_1
Topic FollowersOverburdened FollowersOverburdened {Dismissive}Get a porter, carrying someone's bags - not my style. NVDLC01Fol_FollowersOverbu_00005454_1
Combat Poisoned Poison {Warning}I can help you in the Cloud, not for long, though. NVDLC01Followers_Poisoned_0000536D_1 <Watching the player enter a poisonous cloud, warning.>
Combat Poisoned Poison {Warning}Don't dive in for too long, only so much I can do to help. NVDLC01Followers_Poisoned_00010D9C_1 <Watching the player enter a poisonous cloud, warning.>
Combat Frenzy Frenzy Let's bring down the house! NVDLC01Followers_Frenzy_00005434_1
Combat OnFire OnFire Ah! Get a rug, put me out, something! NVDLC01Followers_OnFire_000053B0_1
Combat Regenerating Regenerating Feeling the music. NVDLC01Fol_Regenerating_00005361_1
Combat Regenerating Regenerating Spring's back in my step. NVDLC01Fol_Regenerating_0000FCB0_1
Combat KOed KOed Unff! NVDLC01Followers_KOed_00005430_1
Combat Crippled Crippled {Under his breath}Can finally park in handicapped spaces now. NVDLC01Followers_Crippled_000053CC_1
Combat UsedDoctorBag UsedDoctorBag Yeah... that's the sweet stuff. NVDLC01Fol_UsedDoctorBag_00005381_1
Combat NoAmmo NoAmmo Bullets all cashed out here! NVDLC01Followers_NoAmmo_0000534D_1
Combat WeaponIneffective WeaponIneffective Song and dance might work better than what I've got. NVDLC01Fol_WeaponIneffecti_000053AC_1
Combat ArmorIneffective ArmorIneffective They're cutting through this like paper! NVDLC01Fol_ArmorIneffectiv_0000539E_1
Combat Wake Wake {Getting up after being knocked unconscious}Don't want to repeat that number. NVDLC01Followers_Wake_0000537D_1
Combat Wake Wake {Getting up after being knocked unconscious}Feels like someone played my head like a trombone. NVDLC01Followers_Wake_00013B80_1
Combat HealthQuarter HealthQuarter {Frustrated, in pain}I'm bleeding green here, any ideas? NVDLC01Fol_HealthQuarter_00005440_1
Topic FollowersTacticsCombatPassive I want you not to attack enemies unless I've already engaged them. {Relieved}All you, trust me. NVDLC01Fol_FollowersTactic_00005396_1
Topic FollowersFiredYes Yes, I'm sure. I can't say it hasn't been fun... {quiet}well, I can, but I'll save it for my memoirs. NVDLC01Fol_FollowersFiredY_00005392_1
Detection StartCombatResponse StartCombatResponse {Irritated}Just wanted a little peace and quiet. NVDLC01Fol_StartCombatResp_000053E4_1
Detection StartCombatResponse StartCombatResponse {Under his breath}Time to make some music. NVDLC01Fol_StartCombatResp_0000FCB2_1
Detection StartCombatResponse StartCombatResponse {Under his breath}Strike up the band. NVDLC01Fol_StartCombatResp_0000FCB3_1
Detection StartCombatResponse StartCombatResponse {Irritated}Great. NVDLC01Fol_StartCombatResp_000053E5_1
Detection LostToNormal LostToNormal Madre's playing tricks on me. Whoever it is, they're gone. NVDLC01Fol_LostToNormal_00005428_1
Detection LostToNormal LostToNormal Guess they skedaddled. {To himself}Sounds good to me. NVDLC01Fol_LostToNormal_00005429_1
Detection CombatToNormal CombatToNormal Nice finish. NVDLC01Fol_CombatToNormal_000053D8_1
Detection CombatToNormal CombatToNormal Leave 'em wanting more. NVDLC01Fol_CombatToNormal_000053D9_1
Detection AlertToNormal AlertToNormal {Shakes head, thought he saw something}Sierra Madre's playing tricks with me now. NVDLC01Fol_AlertToNormal_000053A4_1
Detection AlertToNormal AlertToNormal Forget this, let's focus on getting into the casino. NVDLC01Fol_AlertToNormal_000053A5_1
Detection NormalToCombat StartCombat {Irritated}Of {emph}course, it was getting too quiet. NVDLC01Fol_NormalToCombat_00005438_1
Detection NormalToCombat StartCombat {Irritated}Going to need a hand here, "partner." NVDLC01Fol_NormalToCombat_00005439_1
Detection AlertToCombat AlertToCombat Jackpot! NVDLC01Fol_AlertToCombat_0000540C_1
Detection AlertToCombat AlertToCombat Just couldn't mind your own business... NVDLC01Fol_AlertToCombat_0000540D_1
Detection NormalToAlert NormalToAlert Sounds like we got a tourist. NVDLC01Fol_NormalToAlert_0000544C_1
Detection NormalToAlert NormalToAlert What was that? NVDLC01Fol_NormalToAlert_0000544D_1
Detection LostIdle LostIdle Still looking... although I'm all for following suit and leaving. NVDLC01Followers_LostIdle_000053D0_1
Detection LostIdle LostIdle {Under his breath}Vanished like a Maxis act. NVDLC01Followers_LostIdle_000053D1_1
Detection AlertIdle AlertIdle {Quiet}Still out there. NVDLC01Followers_AlertIdle_000053BC_1
Detection AlertIdle AlertIdle I can hear you moving, whoever you are. NVDLC01Followers_AlertIdle_000053BD_1
Combat Assault Assault What're you doing that for? {Beat, angry, vicious}Fine, let's settle this. NVDLC01Followers_Assault_0000532D_1
Combat AcceptYield AcceptYield Fine, fine - don't want us both blowing up anyway. NVDLC01Fol_AcceptYield_00005385_1
Combat Steal Steal {Sarcastic}If you find a place to pawn that, go right ahead. NVDLC01Followers_Steal_00005365_1
Combat Steal Steal {Cold, knowing}Greed took the others - go on, keep it. {Low, threatening}I'll get it back eventually. NVDLC01Followers_Steal_0000FCB1_1
Combat Death Death {To himself}Vera, sweetheart... see you soon. NVDLC01Followers_Death_00005341_1
Combat Death Death {To himself}Guess a fat lady's singing somewhere. NVDLC01Followers_Death_0000FCA9_1
Combat Death Death {To himself}You win, Sinclair. NVDLC01Followers_Death_0000FCAA_1
Combat Death Death {To himself}So much for the Sierra Madre. NVDLC01Followers_Death_0000FCAB_1
Combat AvoidThreat AvoidThreat {Just found a bomb in his pocket}Whoa! Whoa, whoa, {emph}whoa! NVDLC01Fol_AvoidThreat_00005408_1
Combat Flee Flee Valor, you're up - discretion and me, we're outta here. NVDLC01Followers_Flee_000053A0_1
Combat Hit Hit {As if stung}Ah! NVDLC01Followers_Hit_00005379_1
Combat PowerAttack PowerAttack {TEMP: Not sure needed. Power attack.} NVDLC01Fol_PowerAttack_00005325_1
Combat Attack Attack Time to cash this one out. NVDLC01Followers_Attack_00005345_1
Combat Attack Attack {Frustrated, under his breath}Godammit. NVDLC01Followers_Attack_0000FCAC_1
Combat Attack Attack {Frustrated, under his breath}Batting a thousand, that's us. NVDLC01Followers_Attack_0000FCAD_1
Combat Attack Attack {Frustrated, under his breath}Used to open in Paris. Paris. Now this. NVDLC01Followers_Attack_0000FCAE_1
Combat Attack Attack {Frustrated, under his breath}Can't believe I left the apartment for this. NVDLC01Followers_Attack_0000FCAF_1
Topic FollowersTrade Let's trade equipment. {Eager}Let's deal. NVDLC01Fol_FollowersTrade_0000533D_1
Topic FollowersFired It's time for us to part ways. You sure? I mean... look, you can't just tell me to walk now, you know. That's... well, not very friendly. NVDLC01Fol_FollowersFired_00005448_1
Conversation GOODBYE Goodbye. That's enough for now. {Shrugs, dismissive}I'd shed a tear, but I'm sure we'll be chatting again. NVDLC01Dea_GOODBYE_000012CB_1
Conversation GOODBYE Goodbye. That's enough for now. {DUPE}{Shrugs, dismissive}I'd shed a tear, but I'm sure we'll be chatting again. NVDLC01Dea_GOODBYE_00013D8D_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic003 Know anything about this Gala Event we're supposed to trigger? {Chewing it over}Supposed to be the Grand Opening of the Sierra Madre. Lot of lights, music, the works. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B95_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic003 Know anything about this Gala Event we're supposed to trigger? {Slowly}And he's going to use the Gala Event... to open the casino? But... {Thinking}that's... interesting. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B95_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic007 I need you to stay here and fire off the Gala Event. Unless you get some Hologram guards lit up in the courtyard below? No dice. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133B6_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic007 I need you to stay here and fire off the Gala Event. {Like told to wait in a DMZ}Whoa, whoa, whoa... in the middle of town here? Alone? On a {emph}rooftop, with a big lightshow in the air? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000B035_1 <Dean doesn't want to stay in a DMZ with zombies all around.>
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic007 I need you to stay here and fire off the Gala Event. {Sarcastic}Tell you what - why don't you just find one of those Cosmic steak knives so I can slit my wrists, be less {emph}painful checking out that way. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000B035_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic010 {THEATER: Player has rescued Dean}Are you all right? {Relieved}Yeah, now. Talk about a captive audience. {Frowns, thinking it over}Or captive entertainer? Eh - whatever. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000C4DA_1 <Dean gives key to his safe - where supplies, and Vera's Holotape are found. He also gives the Entertainer Pass, to open Theater up. Thanks.>
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic071 {THEATER: 1st Time, Hates player}Don't act stupid. Let's get out of here. {Slightly defensive, angry, echoing player's "stupid" accusation}Stupid? No, playing it smart. {Emph}You're the dumb one, waltzing in here without realizing who the headliner is. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010B97_1 <Dean bids farewell to the Player. The trap springs, and he retreats to the stage's scaffolding/hallways to avoid harm - Holograms are on>
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic072 {THEATER: Dean fight}This is where it ends, Dean, give up. I can take a chump like you even if I didn't have eight lives lined up behind me, and a rising soundtrack. So put your dancing shoes on - let's go. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001062B_1 <THEATER: Dean curses Player, getting ready to fight to the death>
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic073 {THEATER: 1st Time, Likes player}How did you get up there? {Slight nervous}No idea... woke up here, thought I was dreaming for a second... right back on stage, the mic... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010632_2 Thinking about to the show days...
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic073 {THEATER: 1st Time, Likes player}How did you get up there? Thought I was back at the Fronds... {to himself}well, except no audience, used to pack theaters back then... so stepped up on the stage, check things out... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010632_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic073 {THEATER: 1st Time, Likes player}How did you get up there? Then suddenly Holograms walked out of the wings... and they started raising their hands to their heads all creepy-like, {emph}not a good sign. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010632_4
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic074 According to the marker, you're slated for a spot in Puesta del Sol. No... looks like a {emph}rooftop in Puesta del Sol. In better days, nice view. Now? It's the last place anyone wants to stand when this event goes off. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B8C_1 Correcting player, then takes a breath - this isn't good news.
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic074 According to the marker, you're slated for a spot in Puesta del Sol. That place during Spring, Summer, and Fall, a little bit in Winter, is a prime resort spot for Ghost People. Not the best of neighborhoods. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B8C_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic074 According to the marker, you're slated for a spot in Puesta del Sol. If we're going there, I'm not going alone. And if you have any bright ideas about telling me to stroll over there - or leave me there? No thanks. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B8C_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic075 {THEATER: 1st Time, Hates player}If you think you can take me, come down and try it. No... no, no... I'm not leaving this spot. Why dirty my hands when the Sierra Madre can kill you for me? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132FF_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic075 {THEATER: 1st Time, Hates player}If you think you can take me, come down and try it. {Smug, a little eager}Time for a little show - I'll just grab a seat and watch how this plays out from backstage. Security can handle it from here. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010B98_1 <Dean bids farewell to the Player. The trap springs, and he retreats to the stage's scaffolding/hallways to avoid harm - Holograms are on>
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic078 {THEATER: Player has rescued Dean}Yeah, lucky us. Love getting shot at by Pre-War ghosts. Look, I'm more about the short goodbyes than long thankful speeches... {sincere}but I appreciate you bailing me out of a tight spot there - partner. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010B92_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic078 {THEATER: Player has rescued Dean}Yeah, lucky us. Love getting shot at by Pre-War ghosts. I know you didn't do it out of the goodness of your heart. So let me give you something a little more practical - a way we both come out ahead. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010B92_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic079 {THEATER: Player has rescued Dean}Don't have time for the song and dance, Dean. I know you didn't do it out of the goodness of your heart. So... instead of empty words and a flourish, let me give you something more useful. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010B99_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic081 {THEATER: Dean fight}So, what, you're going to risk blowing off your own head to kill me? {Smug, confident}No, I'm not. {emph}I'll get out in time - you won't. {Already planning ahead, as if free and clear already}Once I kill you, exit stage left, and my collar will go quiet. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010B94_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic082 {THEATER: 1st Time, Hates player}So, stabbing me in the back for the Sierra Madre? {Incredulous}You think {emph}I'm the bad guy here? I'm not the one slapping bomb collars on innocent folks and flicking the switch. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010B9C_1 <Dean bids farewell to the Player. The trap springs, and he retreats to the stage's scaffolding/hallways to avoid harm - Holograms are on>
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic082 {THEATER: 1st Time, Hates player}So, stabbing me in the back for the Sierra Madre? {Sing-song, then disdainful in second half}And I'm not stabbing you in the back. I was facing you all the time. This heist? I planned it lifetimes ago. You and that old man? Tourists. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010B9C_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic108 {THEATER: 1st Time, Likes player}How did you get from the Gala Event to here? {Sounds like dupe of another line, isn't, this one's friendlier, more confused}I was already was halfway off the rooftop, through the service tunnel and making a break for the gate before the light show started... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013887_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic108 {THEATER: 1st Time, Likes player}How did you get from the Gala Event to here? ...and before Vera finished her Gala speech... I knew what'd happen with "music" in the streets and lights in the sky... Ghost People. Lots of them. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013887_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic108 {THEATER: 1st Time, Likes player}How did you get from the Gala Event to here? Also meant the front gate was open, and no way was I missing it after all these years. Then... I walk in... and... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013887_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic199 {THEATER: 1st Time, Hates player}How did you get from the Gala Event to here? {Sounds like dupe of another line, isn't, this one's angrier, smug}Me? I was halfway off the rooftop, through the service tunnel and bee-lining for the gate before the light show started... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013888_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic199 {THEATER: 1st Time, Hates player}How did you get from the Gala Event to here? ...and before Vera finished her Gala speech... I knew what'd happen with "music" in the streets and lights in the sky... Ghost People. Lots of them. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013888_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic199 {THEATER: 1st Time, Hates player}How did you get from the Gala Event to here? But that was your problem. {Beat}Anyway, front gate was open, no way I was letting {emph}you get in first. {Slight confusion}I walk in... there's a flash... and I'm here. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013888_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic199 {THEATER: 1st Time, Hates player}How did you get from the Gala Event to here? Must have been Sinclair's security... he always had a thing about letting any threats into the casino. Security system's twitchy that way. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013888_4
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic199 {THEATER: 1st Time, Hates player}How did you get from the Gala Event to here? {Smug}Me, though, I'm a guest here, so I guess I got the royal treatment after all. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013888_5
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic029 Have other people shown up in search of the Sierra Madre? Tourists, you bet. They don't stay long... and they don't stay alive long. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B8E_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic029 Have other people shown up in search of the Sierra Madre? If they survive the Cloud, the Ghost People, the traps, then greed takes over, and they start sizing each other up for funeral suits. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B8E_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic031 Is anyone else alive around here? {Choosing his words carefully, the locals are, well, zombies}"Alive's" a tricky word. The locals, the Ghost People? Not sure it applies to them. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDCE_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic031 Is anyone else alive around here? They're a little... uncivilized. They don't talk much. As in, at all. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDCE_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic105 I found one of your stashes. Why did you leave them around the Villa? Why? Survival. I still needed to leave the Residential Area to scrounge up supplies, and I don't like taking chances. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133BB_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic105 I found one of your stashes. Why did you leave them around the Villa? The Villa's dangerous. So I left weapons and stims in case I got in a tight spot. {Grumbling}Then, of course, {emph}you show up, putting your mitts on everything. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133BB_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic105 I found one of your stashes. Why did you leave them around the Villa? I suppose this qualifies as an emergency, so I'm not complaining. Much. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133BB_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic063 What are the Vending Machines all over town? Those little company stores? Sinclair's toy boxes, put in a casino chip, get a treat, {angry at self}like you're some dog doing tricks. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDD5_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic063 What are the Vending Machines all over town? Take any of the casino chips, put 'em into the machine, and you'll get something out - a snack, a cola, something to mend a tear in your shirt. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDD5_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic063 What are the Vending Machines all over town? Sometimes you have to know exactly what to ask for, other times, there's codes for... eh, unconventional items. For emergencies. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDD5_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic069 Tell me about the Cloud. The Cloud? Showed up after the Bomb. {Frowns}I think. I got used to it in small doses. Now, it covers the city. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDD4_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic069 Tell me about the Cloud. {Slightly sad for a moment}Over the years, it kept climbing up out of the Sierra Madre, until it was curtains for the sun. Didn't see the sky again. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDD4_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic069 Tell me about the Cloud. Doesn't seem to bother the Ghost People. Can't see through it too well, though, so sometimes I can use the Cloud for cover... if I get desperate. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDD4_3
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueAloneIdleAct1 NVDLC01DeanDialogueAloneIdleAct1 {Irritated}You'd think it was Spring the way tourists keep rolling in. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010AE7_1 Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueAloneIdleAct1 NVDLC01DeanDialogueAloneIdleAct1 {Impressed}That one's got a head on their shoulders. {Beat}For now. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010AE8_1 Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueAloneIdleAct1 NVDLC01DeanDialogueAloneIdleAct1 {Frowns, to himself}Hope that tourist is hurrying, haven't got all day. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010AE9_1 Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueAloneIdleAct1 NVDLC01DeanDialogueAloneIdleAct1 {Frowns}At least this one seems like a straight shooter. {Beat}Or sucker. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010AEA_1 Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueAloneIdleAct1 NVDLC01DeanDialogueAloneIdleAct1 {Frowns}That tourist crosses me, they'll regret it. {Beat, shrugs}Even if they don't, they still might. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010AEB_1 Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueAloneIdleAct1 NVDLC01DeanDialogueAloneIdleAct1 {Shakes head, disappointed in self}Should never have set that radio signal on repeat. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010AEC_1 Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueClinicBark NVDLC01DeanDialogueClinicBark {Pretending to find the scene distasteful}There's a picture, a bunch of headless saps all waiting for the pearly gates. Whoever did this... messed up. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BFB_1 <Dean is looking at medical stretchers with headless corpses on them. He put them there to examine, doesn't want player to know.>
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueGateLock NVDLC01DeanDialogueGateLock {Not really happy to hear this, it's like someone left his door unlocked in a dangerous neighborhood}Oh, looks like you already forced the gate. {Beat, under his breath}Now, everybody and their mother can walk right in, thanks. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010EDC_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {1st Time Police Station}What are we doing in here? Planning to toss me in a cell? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001383B_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {1st Time Residential}Going to be sad to leave the Residential District. {Beat}Well... not really. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001382D_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {2nd Time Residential}Sure left a lot of traps around. Sometimes I forget where they are. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001382E_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {1st Time Salida, North}As worse as the other places are? This section of town is the most dangerous. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001382F_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {2nd Time Salida, North}We need to get out of here - come alone if you want, don't drag me here. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013830_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {3rd Time, Salida, North}Hear there's a belltower and church to the North... filled with Ghost People. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013831_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {1st Time Ruined Cafe}The cafe survived? {Beat}How about that. Had great coffee - and one of the waitresses? Rhonda? Piece. Of. Work. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013832_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {1st Time Salida/Puesta}Do {emph}not leave me here. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013835_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {2nd Time Police Station}Never liked the Chief here, real stickler for "policy." NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001383C_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {3rd Time Police Station}Made off with a lot of mines, shotguns, and explosives from here... wasn't easy with the Ghost People around. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001383D_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {1st Time Switching Station: Mumbling to himself}Got a worse grease smell down here than Danny Parker's hair on Opening Night. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013827_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {1st Time Clinic}What are we doing here for? This place is... well, it's haunted. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013828_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {2nd Time, Clinic}Seriously, we should get out of here. The Security Holograms... shoot on sight, and you can't even hurt them. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013829_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {Salida}Salida del Sol - "Sunrise." {Beat}Not much to look at now. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013836_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {Testing the player, insinuating}You sure came a long way to rob this place. Guess greed is in the blood. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010C9D_1 These are idles that Dean says while he's a companion.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {In any interior}Breath of fresh air in here... literally. {Beat}If you need to take a breather from the Cloud, this is a good spot. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013833_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {Sizing place up, liking it}Might be a nice place to hole up for a while. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013834_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {Salida/Puesta}Check the fountains, might have some wishes... er, chips we can snag. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013837_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {Salida/Puesta}Watch the ground for bear traps and {emph}any openings for tripwires. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013838_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {Salida/Puesta}{To himself, irritated}Ghost People. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013839_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {Salida/Puesta}If I ever had to come here, I stuck to the overhangs and roofs - like sidewalks up there. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001383A_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {Switching Station}Like a toxic ashtray down here. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001382B_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {Switching Station}{Thinking}Find a way to get this place hopping again... would clean all the toxic gas out of Puesta del Sol. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001382C_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {Switching Station}Stinks down here. {To himself}And I can barely smell anything. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001382A_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {Sarcastic}Sure glad one of us knows what you're doing. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001097E_1 These are idles that Dean says while he's a companion.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle You know, this used to be a nice town. {Beat}Well, nice enough. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001097F_1 These are idles that Dean says while he's a companion.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle When in doubt, step quiet - and watch {emph}where you step. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010980_1 These are idles that Dean says while he's a companion.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle Where there's a bear trap, Ghost People aren't far behind. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010981_1 These are idles that Dean says while he's a companion.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle Watch out if you see a prize lying around - the Ghost People leave "supplies" as traps. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010982_1 These are idles that Dean says while he's a companion.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle Getting real tired of tourist season - no offense, but you guys are lowering the bar. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010983_1 These are idles that Dean says while he's a companion.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {Random comment}Cloud wasn't always here. Grew over the years, even without cars or factories. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010984_1 These are idles that Dean says while he's a companion.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle Sierra Madre may wait. Not me. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010986_1 These are idles that Dean says while he's a companion.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle {Slight impatience}Sierra Madre's not getting any younger. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010985_1 These are idles that Dean says while he's a companion.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle NVDLC01DeanDialogueGenericIdle What's next? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010987_1 These are idles that Dean says while he's a companion.
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic011 What are you talking about? Might be a bit rude, but that chair you're sitting in - it's got a shaped charge in the seat cushion. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDB2_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic013 The chair's... an explosive? But... Better be a shaped charge, or you're going to kill both of us. [SUCCEEDED] {Impressed}Sounds like you've done some blue collar construction work in your life, your Ma must be proud. Still... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000ED97_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic013 The chair's... an explosive? But... [FAILED] "Butt" is right. That heart-shaped charge in the stuffing will cause just the right amount of bleeding. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000ED98_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic014 Hnh? {Frowns}Great, a moron - just what I need. {Beat}Look? That seat you're sitting in? It's a {emph}bomb. Go boom. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDAF_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic015 <Storage Blue Node. Do not translate.> Get up without my permission, I'll blast your ass so far through your head, it'll turn the moon cherry pie red. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDA9_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic015 <Storage Blue Node. Do not translate.> So - let's keep this sweet and polite, and finish our conversation with no misunderstandings. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDA9_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic015 <Storage Blue Node. Do not translate.> Just because I work in entertainment, doesn't mean I'm a moron. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDAA_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic015 <Storage Blue Node. Do not translate.> I heard my necktie beeping, I know what that means - I'm part of this somehow. I want out of this contract. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDAB_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic015 <Storage Blue Node. Do not translate.> {Colder}And if you put me in it, I'm not going to be too happy. So whatever's going on here, if you're part of all this? You're taking orders from me. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDAB_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic015 <Storage Blue Node. Do not translate.> {Talking level with the player, relieved to be saved}I'm not an idiot. I know the reason I'm in here now is because of the old guy - and you. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BF5_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic015 <Storage Blue Node. Do not translate.> {Rueful}And {emph}you're wearing a collar, so I trust you a {emph}little more than the old guy. {Beat, throw this line away}He's more controlling than I'd like. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BF5_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic015 <Storage Blue Node. Do not translate.> {Whispering}Thing is, here's where being my {emph}partner pays off. See, I know how to get into the casino vault. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BF5_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic015 <Storage Blue Node. Do not translate.> So here's the short of it - piece together Little Miss Vera Keyes' song in the right order? {Beat, spreads hands}Sierra Madre opens its legs, we're in business. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BF6_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic016 Uh... you... probably want to hear my side of things. I'll save my questions for the end - please, go on. [SUCCEEDED] {Pleased}And that's what I've missed - a rapt audience. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000ED99_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic016 Uh... you... probably want to hear my side of things. [FAILED] You don't listen too good, do you? {Colder}Makes me think whatever you have to say isn't worth my time. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000ED9A_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic017 Look - I need your help to get into the Sierra Madre. {Irritated, bad side starts coming out}Oh, of course you do. Now, it's like we're married with these big wedding rings around our necks. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDAC_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic017 Look - I need your help to get into the Sierra Madre. So why don't you hear {emph}my proposal first, before you start talking about what {emph}you need. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDAC_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic020 Misund...? Ummm. Christ, if that collar blows, I don't know if you'd know the difference, you'd probably still keep walking around with that dumb, blank look. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDA6_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic020 Misund...? Ummm. {Different than other one - speaking to an idiot, so emphasis is different}Just because I work in entertainment, doesn't mean {emph}I'm a moron. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDA6_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic021 I'll cooperate. What do you want? {Slightly friendlier, let's-make-a-deal}Good, good - then we're in business. I may be a betting man, but I like it when the odds are in our favor. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010C9E_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic021 I'll cooperate. What do you want? If you're here with who I think, then I'd rather have you on my side than his. An... ace in the hole. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010C9E_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic021 I'll cooperate. What do you want? You want to live, I want what's in the Madre. Real simple. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010C9E_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic037 I'm not going to help you. That so? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDB1_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic038 Have you tried to deal with them? Tried talking to them, bribing them, leaving food - nothing. In the years since, they haven't changed their approach, but I sure have. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDD6_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic038 Have you tried to deal with them? They catch you, they drag you into the Cloud, and you're not coming back out. {To himself}After that, having your necktie go off would be mercy. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDD6_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic038 Have you tried to deal with them? My advice? Stay out of their way, they don't die easy. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDD6_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic039 Our collars... these "neckties" are linked. I die, you die. That's an interesting clause. {Frowns}That's a real bad contract you have. We have. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000ED9D_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic040 Uh... look, maybe we can make some sort of... deal, you and me. Your negotiation skills assume you're bargaining from a position of strength. [SUCCEEDED] {Frowns, suspicious}What are you talking about? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000ED95_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic040 Uh... look, maybe we can make some sort of... deal, you and me. [FAILED] The hand's been dealt, {emph}that's the deal. You going along with my terms, or do you want your brains to be wallpaper? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000ED96_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic042 Either deal with me as an equal, or I walk. Just like all the rest. Strolling in here, thinking you own the place. I've been here longer than {emph}any of you tourists. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013300_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic042 Either deal with me as an equal, or I walk. Trust me, I'm letting you off easier than the Sierra Madre ever would. Nobody's going to miss you... whoever you are, you're old news. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013300_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic046 It's starting to make sense, now that I've met you. {Laughs}All right, all right... looks like marriage finally caught me. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDA7_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic046 It's starting to make sense, now that I've met you. I'm listening... partner. What's next, if we're death-til-we-part? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDA7_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic048 Meet at the Fountain, and we'll hear what the next step is. Not leaving me much choice. The Fountain, huh? {Beat}Hope the Hologram's still working and the battery's running strong. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000ED9C_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic048 Meet at the Fountain, and we'll hear what the next step is. I'll follow you, I'm not going alone, trust me. Not like I'm a coward or anything, I'm not running around town without an escort. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000ED9C_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic048 Meet at the Fountain, and we'll hear what the next step is. I'm serious. One of the locals catches us, we aren't coming back - and I'd like to keep an eye on you. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000ED9C_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic049 How tough are they? You shoot them, they get back up. You stab them, they get back up. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDD0_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic049 How tough are they? That's why I have explosives all over this place - unless you blow them up, chop them up, disintegrate 'em, {shakes head}the Ghost People don't go down. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDD0_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic049 How tough are they? Not enough bullets in the town to spend on them. So unless you're a real good shot, save one for yourself right before they catch you. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDD0_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic050 I'm not a bad shot. I could probably kill one. I'm a fair shot. One shot, one kill is how I handle problems. [SUCCEEDED] {Studying player}Well... you seem like you know how to handle yourself. All right. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDC9_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic050 I'm not a bad shot. I could probably kill one. I'm a fair shot. One shot, one kill is how I handle problems. Once, I fired a lucky shot, hit a gas tank one was holding. Blew his arm off at the shoulder... and he didn't get back up after that. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDC9_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic050 I'm not a bad shot. I could probably kill one. I'm a fair shot. One shot, one kill is how I handle problems. So if you're {emph}that good, don't aim for the head - aim for their bombs. And if you can wait until his buddies are close by, even better. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDC9_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic050 I'm not a bad shot. I could probably kill one. [FAILED] Yeah, well, "probably" is something a gambler says, not a survivor. I'd keep your pistol where it belongs - in the holster. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDCA_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic052 Where did they come from? {Slight exasperation, as if he's thought about this a lot, then tries to recall Hamlet quote}Friend... "there's more mysteries in heaven and earth..." wait, no, "there is more between heaven and earth..." oh, forget it. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDCD_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic052 Where did they come from? I'd sooner ask what makes me an undying son of a bitch than spend any thought as to why {emph}they crawled to life here. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDCD_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic052 Where did they come from? I'm counting myself lucky I still have my faculties - they sure don't. Then again, they may not have had the... focus I do. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDCD_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic053 I think you can manage walking there without me. Now get going. Wait, wait... wait just a minute. I'm not walking out there on my own. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDB0_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic055 Focus? Always had the Sierra Madre to keep my mind occupied. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDC6_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic055 Focus? Most folks, they don't have the same drive, the same need. Not worth my time. Pretty much Ghost People before the Bomb, now Ghost People after. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDC6_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic057 Any reason you can't find your way there? I know what's out there. It's why I've planted a mine field, shotguns, and explosives all the way on the road to my little boudoir here. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000ED8F_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic057 Any reason you can't find your way there? So we go together, or we're not going at all. I'll split my hand in Blackjack when the time's right, I'm not splitting up in this town, trust me. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000ED8F_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic058 Fine. Get up and follow me. All right... partner. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDA1_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic058 Fine. Get up and follow me. All right, all right... but you already got company, so tell you what - I'll meet you at the Fountain. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDA0_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic059 Well, if I can get here, others will be, soon enough. Fountain's the safest place. That's... a good point. All right, let me grab some smokes, and I'll meet you at the Fountain. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000ED91_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic060 {Opener}I had questions I wanted to ask. All right, keep it short, we don't have a lot of time. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDCC_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic061 {After asking 1 Q}I had other questions. {Slight irritation}Of course you do. Let's hear 'em. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDC8_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic061 {After asking 1 Q}I had other questions. It's your time, and if you want to spend it chatting, not much I can do about it. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EE53_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic062 Is there anything else about them I should know? {Dean gets deadly serious here, his fear should foreshadow end of Act 2}Whatever we do - don't rile them up. Normally, there's only a few, maybe a pack. There's more out there, a lot more. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDCF_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic062 Is there anything else about them I should know? If they find out someone's trespassing, it'd be shaking a hornet's nest. Don't want to think how many of them could fill these streets. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDCF_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic064 I've never seen machines like those before. {Took vending machines for granted, realizes player may not}Yeah, well, machines like those weren't unusual before the Bomb. Maybe to you, they're amazing, to me, they're grifters without the personality. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDCB_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic065 Grifters? Sinclair made sure if you spent money here, it went {emph}one direction - although that's not how {emph}he described it. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDD1_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic066 How did he describe it? Called it "self-sufficient." Like he was doing the residents a favor. Right. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDC7_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic067 What other items can you get out of the machines? If it's an emergency, you can get chems for any... uh... condition. Sinclair left that for doctors and trained professionals, not the common folk. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDD7_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic067 What other items can you get out of the machines? Even security and maintenance could get special supplies out of them. Staff had codes on little cards they could use to unlock them. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDD7_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic068 Where can I find these cards? Around. Don't have much use for them myself, not worth the risk to get them. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDD2_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic068 Where can I find these cards? I got all the basics covered, as long as I have the chips to pay for them. I don't need much. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000EDD2_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic084 What do you mean? {Confiding, superior}There's a private elevator, Sinclair's elevator. It's up in the Executive Suites, in Vera's room. {Beat, emph}Not a coincidence. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BEB_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic084 What do you mean? Vera. {Reluctant, quiet}She was... my other partner, before the Bomb. {Quieter}Took some legwork. Some convincing, made it happen. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BEB_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic085 Tell me. The short version. Elevator's up in the Executive Suites. Voice-activated. Speak the right phrase, in the right tone of voice, and it's open sesame. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BF4_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic085 Tell me. The short version. I was able to snag the voice, {beat downnote}or thought I had. {Normal tone}The right tone and phrasing... well, that may take some time. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BF4_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic086 Voice? Yeah, the woman, the Starlet, Vera - her voice. {Grumbles to himself}Didn't realize there was so many holotapes of her still around, otherwise... eh, never mind. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BF8_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic087 So you don't know the phrase? {Thinking}No, that I still had to figure out - still do. Sinclair wrote stuff down, was obsessive about it. Just got to find where. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BEC_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic088 {Likes PC}All right, I'll head out and see what I can do on my end. Go knock yourself out. I'm just going to catch my breath a bit. That performance... well, more pressure than I was expecting. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BED_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic090 How so? Sinclair was already puppy-eyed, so all I had to do was the introductions. {Disgusted}She smiled, fluttered her eyes, showed a little leg... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BF0_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic090 How so? {A little colder, disgust chilling}...and he built this whole place for her. Made {emph}her the key to his vault, like a joke, cause of her name. {Draw this out}Her fake Hollywood name. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BF0_2 Bitter.
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic090 How so? {Malicious, implying "been" = sex}Except Sinclair didn't know I'd been there first. I could twist her whatever direction I wanted. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BF0_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic092 Go on. All she had to do was get inside the Sierra Madre for the Gala, then use her voice to open the door. {Smiles}After that... smooth sailing. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BE9_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic092 Go on. {Gleeful, slight malicious}Would have been the biggest heist in history. Sinclair left holding the bag. Ruined. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BE9_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic093 So what happened? {Quiet, reflective}The Bomb. Vera got sealed in here. {Throwaway}A few hundred years go by, give-or-take. {Emph}Almost the end of the story - then you came along. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BF1_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic093 So what happened? {Rallying}Now we finish the job. Rob the Sierra Madre, rip out its heart. Last chapter of Frederick Sinclair, close the book. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BF1_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic094 What was your problem with Sinclair? {Slight surprise, hasn't given a lot of thought to this in a long time}Problem? All high-and-mighty. Lording it over everyone. Acting so self-righteous, like nothing could touch him. He was the one with the problem. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BEF_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic094 What was your problem with Sinclair? {Colder, losing himself}Never got mad at anything. Nothing seemed to shake him. Even after... his life kept getting dragged through the dirt. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BEF_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic094 What was your problem with Sinclair? {Cold, staring into the distance}Always kept looking for the bright, shining future in everything. So... I decided to take everything from him. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BEF_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic095 But what did he do to you? Do to me? {Frowns}What, weren't you listening? He thought he was {emph}better than me. Don't believe me? Look around. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BEE_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic095 But what did he do to you? This big casino, this big colossal monument - think it was for some woman? No, all ego, all self-righteous-in-lights, fit him perfect. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BEE_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic095 But what did he do to you? Had to take him down a few pegs, bring him down to my level. "Begin again?" Some things you don't get up from... I was going to prove it. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BEE_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic096 Forget Sinclair. If Vera was the key, she's dead. {Mocking, he's echoing one of his songs}I only saw her yesterday. Well, a few yesterdays. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BF7_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic098 So you're going to prove it now? How? I didn't know at first. Then the old man showed up. You showed up. Then... that woman showed up, covered in scars. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BF2_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic098 So you're going to prove it now? How? The one who makes all the hand signs, a little tight around the corners of her mouth. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BF3_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic098 So you're going to prove it now? How? I put her in the Clinic, tuned her like an instrument. If she heals up, it's not going to be her voice speaking any more. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BF3_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic098 So you're going to prove it now? How? That is, if the Sierra Madre didn't get her. If it did... well, there's enough of Vera around for me to spend a few years piecing a book together. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BF3_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic099 And if she is alive? Then she can make some beautiful music. I'm not banking on it. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010BEA_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic107 I'm not going to let any harm come to you, all right? {Reluctant}No... you're not the type, but accidents happen, good intentions or no. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133B3_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic107 I'm not going to let any harm come to you, all right? Really? That wasn't the "we're both bomb-married" talk you gave me when we first met. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133B4_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic107 I'm not going to let any harm come to you, all right? Look, you could offer me a steel clad contract for a world tour of all major cities with Imperial Records, I still wouldn't stay here. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133B5_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic111 <Lie> Dean, I wouldn't leave you here, I swear. {Disdainful}Sure, nice words, nice promises... not worth a dime out here in the shadow of the Sierra Madre. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133B1_1 Not buying the offer.
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic111 <Lie> Dean, I wouldn't leave you here, I swear. You say you wouldn't leave me here, I know better. {Low threat}And you leave me here, this Gala Event isn't going to happen, I can feel it. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133B1_2
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePostGala NVDLC01DeanDialoguePostGala Holy Mary, Mother, and Joe - now {emph}there's a show. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010CE4_1 Dean is commenting on fireworks display in the sky, the Grand Opening of the Sierra Madre. Mixed feelings about it.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePostGala NVDLC01DeanDialoguePostGala {himself}Not much time to get to the gates before they shut the door and turn folks away. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010CE5_1 Dean is commenting on fireworks display in the sky, the Grand Opening of the Sierra Madre. Mixed feelings about it.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePostGala NVDLC01DeanDialoguePostGala {Urgent, worried he's going to get attacked by zombies}All right, now - I'm out of here. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010CE6_1 Dean is commenting on fireworks display in the sky, the Grand Opening of the Sierra Madre. Mixed feelings about it.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePostGala NVDLC01DeanDialoguePostGala {Urgent, worried he's going to get attacked by zombies}If the Ghost People didn't know we were here before, they know now. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010CE7_1 Dean is commenting on fireworks display in the sky, the Grand Opening of the Sierra Madre. Mixed feelings about it.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePostGala NVDLC01DeanDialoguePostGala Someone struck up the band. {To himself, grumbling}A band of tortured cats. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010CE8_1 Dean is commenting on fireworks display in the sky, the Grand Opening of the Sierra Madre. Mixed feelings about it.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePostGala NVDLC01DeanDialoguePostGala What kind of casino has two Grand Openings? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010CE9_1 Dean is commenting on fireworks display in the sky, the Grand Opening of the Sierra Madre. Mixed feelings about it.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePostGala NVDLC01DeanDialoguePostGala {Cold, to himself}This is your last hurrah, Sinclair, I promise you. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010CEA_1 Dean is commenting on fireworks display in the sky, the Grand Opening of the Sierra Madre. Mixed feelings about it.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePostGala NVDLC01DeanDialoguePostGala Just my luck. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010CEB_1 Dean is commenting on fireworks display in the sky, the Grand Opening of the Sierra Madre. Mixed feelings about it.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePostGala NVDLC01DeanDialoguePostGala Luck's finally shining down on me. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010CEC_1 Dean is commenting on fireworks display in the sky, the Grand Opening of the Sierra Madre. Mixed feelings about it.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePostGala NVDLC01DeanDialoguePostGala You wait, beautiful. Keep that gate open for me, Dean'll be there soon. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010CED_1 Dean is commenting on fireworks display in the sky, the Grand Opening of the Sierra Madre. Mixed feelings about it.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePostGala NVDLC01DeanDialoguePostGala Sierra Madre, sweetheart, Dean's coming home. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010CEE_1 Dean is commenting on fireworks display in the sky, the Grand Opening of the Sierra Madre. Mixed feelings about it.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaBad NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaBad {Angry}We'll see who's holding the cards in the end... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010CEF_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, irritated about it (and worried). Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaBad NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaBad {Mutters}Didn't come all this way to get conned by some tourist. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010CF0_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, irritated about it (and worried). Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaBad NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaBad The joke's on you, "partners." You aren't getting to the prize without me. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010CF1_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, irritated about it (and worried). Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaBad NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaBad {Sighs}This is a fine how do you do. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010CF2_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, irritated about it (and worried). Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaBad NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaBad {Grumbles}Should have blown up that seat cushion right when they sat down, would've been a better end than this. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010CF3_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, irritated about it (and worried). Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaBad NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaBad {To himself}Just finish the last job, Dean. It's all you've wanted, just hang in there. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010CF4_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, irritated about it (and worried). Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaBad NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaBad {Himself}Keep your head down, Dean, don't let the locals see you. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010CF5_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, irritated about it (and worried). Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaBad NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaBad {Mutters}Town's going to be filled with Ghosts when the sky lights up. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010CF6_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, irritated about it (and worried). Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaGood NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaGood Sinclair, you better appreciate all I do to screw you over. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010D05_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, but confident in the player. Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaGood NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaGood That tourist is better than most. Eh... probably won't matter. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010D06_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, but confident in the player. Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaGood NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaGood The linked collars is a new trick. Can't say I like it much. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010D07_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, but confident in the player. Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaGood NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaGood Waiting for the fireworks. {Beat}Just like last time. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010D08_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, but confident in the player. Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaGood NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaGood Can't wait to see their faces when they find out what the lock is. Just gotta wait 'em out. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010D09_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, but confident in the player. Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaGood NVDLC01DeanDialoguePreGalaGood Place is going to be swarming with the masks when the sky lights up. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010D0A_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, but confident in the player. Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueShortcut NVDLC01DeanDialogueShortcut Don't have to take the long way back - there's a shortcut across the way, you see. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010EDA_1 Dean has just joined the party, they're striking up a conversation.
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueShortcut NVDLC01DeanDialogueShortcut It's through the Cloud - but if I'm with you, I can help you through it. {To himself, the player better not have}If you didn't already force the lock to the gate, that is. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00010EDA_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueSitInvite NVDLC01DeanDialogueSitInvite Have a seat - came all this way, least I can do is let you rest your feet for a second. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000F21A_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueSitInvite NVDLC01DeanDialogueSitInvite Just sit there on my little casting couch - more a chair, really, but I prefer up-and-comers to relax when I interview them. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000F21B_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueSitInvite NVDLC01DeanDialogueSitInvite You're my guest. If you're going to be rude, you can show yourself out. {little quieter}Probably won't tap-dance no more when you leave, but that's on you. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000F21C_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueSitInvite NVDLC01DeanDialogueSitInvite You standing there is making me nervous. Sit down, will you? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000F21D_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueSitInvite NVDLC01DeanDialogueSitInvite Have a seat. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0000F21E_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterOpenConvoPlayerHatedBark NVDLC01DeanTheaterOpenConvoPlayerHatedBark {Gloating a bit}Hey... guess who finally showed. {Malicious}You weren't on the guest list. Guess I'll need to call security, have them show you the door. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C5B_1 Dean warns PC they made a deadly mistake coming to get him at Theater. Invites player to become acquainted with (Holograms).
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterOpenConvoPlayerLikedBark NVDLC01DeanTheaterOpenConvoPlayerLikedBark {Relieved to see a familiar face}You... partner, are you a sight for sore eyes. Unfriendly crowd tonight, in a lethal way - if you could calm the house down, I'd be grateful. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C61_1 Dean's anxious, hemmed in by lethal holograms set to kill, glad to see player, hoping the PC can bail him out.
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterPlayerHatedBarkTopic01 NVDLC01DeanTheaterPlayerHatedBarkTopic01 {Slightly irritated, still superior}Now, now... that's {emph}my room. You want your own dressing room, you have to work for it. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C60_1 {Dean admonishes, cynically, player when he/she goes into Dean's old dressing room in the backstage of the Theater}
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterPlayerHatedBarkTopic02 NVDLC01DeanTheaterPlayerHatedBarkTopic02 {Terminal blows up}What the blazes... piece of junk! {Beat, cold, gets it}You rigged that terminal, didn't you. Didn't want security showing you out, eh? We'll see. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C5E_1 Dean curses, insulting the old Stage Manager's computer terminal (in the closed area of the backstage), after it blows up when he tried to use it.
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterPlayerHatedBarkTopic03 NVDLC01DeanTheaterPlayerHatedBarkTopic03 {Cold}So... can't leave well enough alone, have to enter Vera's room. Some things are better left in the past, "partner." NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C57_1 Player enters another dressing room backstage of a long-dead starlet Dean used to know.
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterPlayerHatedBarkTopic04 NVDLC01DeanTheaterPlayerHatedBarkTopic04 {Slightly unnerved, player's about to break his last line of defense}Don't do it. Leave that projector alone - I'm warning you. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C5C_1 Dean threatens PC to stop triggering the event that will disable his last line of defense against the player.
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterPlayerHatedBarkTopic05 NVDLC01DeanTheaterPlayerHatedBarkTopic05 {Slow, then challenging, bravado}So... you think you have what it takes to beat {emph}me, on {emph}my stage, in {emph}my town? Come on down, we'll see. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C5F_1 Dean challenges, in an act of desperation, the player to come down and hunt him.
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterPlayerLikedBarkTopic01 NVDLC01DeanTheaterPlayerLikedBarkTopic01 {Happy, excusing, then defensive}Hey, you found my old room. I mean, it's a little small... and hey, watch the hands in there, I remember where I left {emph}everything, got it? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C5A_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterPlayerLikedBarkTopic02 NVDLC01DeanTheaterPlayerLikedBarkTopic02 {Working on a computer, trying to shut it down}Hnh. Maybe I can shut down these ghosts using the Stage Manager's old termin... {blows up}dammit! {Beat, frowns}Well, so much for that idea. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C59_1 Dean curses, insulting old Stage Manager's computer (backstage), after blows up when tried to disable Holograms. PC's only chance to escape alive.
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterPlayerLikedBarkTopic03 NVDLC01DeanTheaterPlayerLikedBarkTopic03 {Encouraged}Hey, you're making real progress, good. {Realizes the player's close to uncovering dirty laundry, so masks it behind "show some respect"}Uh, look that's... Vera's room, so careful what you touch in there, be respectful. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C62_1 Dean excited the player is making headway, even if hesitant to share his old life's links when player discovers Vera's dressing room backstage.
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterPlayerLikedBarkTopic04 NVDLC01DeanTheaterPlayerLikedBarkTopic04 {Urgent}All right, now calm the audience down and let's go home. {Beat, under his breath}And when my part plays, no cracking jokes - that was the hairstyle back then, all right? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C58_1 Dean urges the player to hurry up in disabling the Theater's Hologram security, cracks joke about seeing old self perform in holograms.
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterPlayerLikedBarkTopic05 NVDLC01DeanTheaterPlayerLikedBarkTopic05 Oh, man... nice job. Good thing {emph}I was distracting them while you flicked them off. {Puffing up}We're a good team - I run the show while you run the box office. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C5D_1 {Dean's jubilant when the Holograms vanish. He congratulates the player, although trying to make himself appear as having been stronger than he was i
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterRandomPleadTopic01 NVDLC01DeanTheaterRandomPleadTopic01 Hurry, would you? Get me out of this mess. {Beat}Got to sue my agent for this. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010BA5_1 {Dean, noticeably scared, urges the player to get him out of the Hologram mess.}
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterRandomPleadTopic02 NVDLC01DeanTheaterRandomPleadTopic02 Get me out of here, they've got me trapped! NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010BA7_1 {Dean, panicking, pleads to the player to save his life.}
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterRandomPleadTopic03 NVDLC01DeanTheaterRandomPleadTopic03 {To himself}Hold it together, Dean, you've been in worse jams. Like Madrid. {Reflecting}Christ - Madrid. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010BA3_1 Tries to calm himself down in the middle of being pinned down.
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterRandomTauntTopic01 NVDLC01DeanTheaterRandomTauntTopic01 {Taunt}How long you think you can keep dancing around out there? Song's going to end soon, you along with it. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010BA4_1 {Dean, a flicker of doubt in his voice, curses at the player for not having died yet.}
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterRandomTauntTopic02 NVDLC01DeanTheaterRandomTauntTopic02 {Taunt}You won't get out of here alive. Even if you reach me, you don't have the guts to fight. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010BA6_1 {Dean, irritated that the player is still alive, taunts his/her resolve.}
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterRandomTauntTopic03 NVDLC01DeanTheaterRandomTauntTopic03 I'm calling the tune here - this is my theater, my show, I've waited my life to get back here. You? Not even worth the time it'd take to kill you. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010BA8_1 {Dean, pretends to have the upper hand against the player, defying him/her to hurry up and die.}
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfOverTopic01 NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfOverTopic01 I am out of here... well, not to the Villa, just out of the damn theater first chance I get. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C15_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfOverTopic02 NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfOverTopic02 Got to say this for Sinclair, he sure knew how to keep things locked down, the tight-assed prick. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C10_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfOverTopic03 NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfOverTopic03 {Under his breath, after battle in the theater}Not going to be performing here again, that's for sure. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C18_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfPlayerHatedTopic01 NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfPlayerHatedTopic01 {Looking around}Hnh. Theater's almost the same as it was. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C1B_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfPlayerHatedTopic02 NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfPlayerHatedTopic02 {Looking around}This place... hasn't changed at all. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C13_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfPlayerHatedTopic03 NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfPlayerHatedTopic03 Wonder what happened to the suckers. {Frowns}Might have gotten taken away, like I did? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C16_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfPlayerHatedTopic04 NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfPlayerHatedTopic04 That audience... better lay low, get a feel for the crowd. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C1A_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfPlayerHatedTopic05 NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfPlayerHatedTopic05 Good thing, someone walks in here, they're toast. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C12_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfPlayerLikedTopic01 NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfPlayerLikedTopic01 {Frustrated}First time on stage in a hundred years, and it has to be this? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C19_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfPlayerLikedTopic02 NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfPlayerLikedTopic02 {Looking around}Hnh. Theater's almost the same as it was. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C11_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfPlayerLikedTopic03 NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfPlayerLikedTopic03 Where the hell did everyone else go? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C29_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfPlayerLikedTopic04 NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfPlayerLikedTopic04 Need some help here... and that audience is {emph}not looking friendly. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C14_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfPlayerLikedTopic05 NVDLC01DeanTheaterToSelfPlayerLikedTopic05 Hope my partner fared better than I did... better not have left me high and dry, get-even's not going to be pretty. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanThea_00010C17_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanToChristineTopic01 NVDLC01DeanToChristineTopic01 So... what's your story, beautiful? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanToCh_000100B3_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanToChristineTopic01 NVDLC01DeanToChristineTopic01 Don't... uh... don't talk much, do you? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanToCh_000100B5_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanToChristineTopic01 NVDLC01DeanToChristineTopic01 {Sighs, irritated at being rebuffed}All right, then. I'll just wallflower it over here. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanToCh_000100B7_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanToChristineTopic02 NVDLC01DeanToChristineTopic02 {Gently bringing it up, worried she remembers him}Eh... those scars? What happened, somebody... something carve you up, or...? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanToCh_000100AB_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanToChristineTopic02 NVDLC01DeanToChristineTopic02 {Testing the waters}Damn shame, hate to think if someone put you in there. Who bailed you out again, the new guy? Interesting. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanToCh_000100AD_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanToChristineTopic03 NVDLC01DeanToChristineTopic03 Look, you obviously {emph}hear good - even if you aren't much of a talker. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanToCh_000100AE_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanToChristineTopic03 NVDLC01DeanToChristineTopic03 Don't get me wrong, that's a plus in my book. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanToCh_000100B0_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanToChristineTopic03 NVDLC01DeanToChristineTopic03 Still, are you getting any shred of your voice healed up, or...? Like anything? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanToCh_000100B2_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanToChristineTopic03 NVDLC01DeanToChristineTopic03 Look, you obviously {emph}hear good - even if you aren't much of a talker. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanToCh_00011349_1—NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanToCh_000100AE_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanToDogTopic01 NVDLC01DeanToDogTopic01 Where the hell did you get this one. "Dog?" What, so you don't forget your name? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanToDo_00010095_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanToDogTopic01 NVDLC01DeanToDogTopic01 A little slow, huh? Uh... Dean. Dean Domino. I... live here. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanToDo_00010097_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanToDogTopic01 NVDLC01DeanToDogTopic01 All right, pal, you stay in your corner, I'll stay in mine. {Beat}Do not leave me alone with this thing. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanToDo_00010099_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanToDogTopic02 NVDLC01DeanToDogTopic02 Why are you so carved up - {frowns, a little incredulous}that a {emph}bear trap on your arm? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanToDo_000101F0_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanToDogTopic02 NVDLC01DeanToDogTopic02 Eh... wait, so you're not just slow, you're screwy, too? {Rolls eyes}Some crew we are... we are never getting into the Sierra Madre. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanToDo_000101F2_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanToDogTopic02 NVDLC01DeanToDogTopic02 Don't like the way this guy is looking at me. You better be his leash. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanToDo_000101F4_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanToDogTopic03 NVDLC01DeanToDogTopic03 {Getting angry}Stop looking at me, you idiot. I can hear your stomach growling from here, I don't like it. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanToDo_000101EB_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanToDogTopic03 NVDLC01DeanToDogTopic03 That a bet you want to take? Cause I'll see that and raise you a few bullets to the skull. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanToDo_000101ED_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanToDogTopic03 NVDLC01DeanToDogTopic03 I hope you've got this one under control, because he's giving me a nasty itch on my trigger finger. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanToDo_000101EF_1
Topic NVDLC01GodToDeanTopic01 NVDLC01GodToDeanTopic01 I used to know a ventriloquist with more skill than you. At least he had the sense to know his own name, without carving it into his chest. NVDLC01Dog_NVDLC01GodToDea_0001008E_1
Topic NVDLC01GodToDeanTopic01 NVDLC01GodToDeanTopic01 The truth, buddy, is this: you and me, we're now family as long as we got these bowties on. So watch your mouth, you don't scare me. NVDLC01Dog_NVDLC01GodToDea_00010090_1
Topic NVDLC01GodToDeanTopic02 NVDLC01GodToDeanTopic02 Sierra Madre's mine, my heart's right where it belongs. NVDLC01Dog_NVDLC01GodToDea_00010092_1
Topic NVDLC01GodToDeanTopic02 NVDLC01GodToDeanTopic02 Sounds like you need your hearing checked. Sierra Madre, it's meant for me. NVDLC01Dog_NVDLC01GodToDea_00010094_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioChristineAct1 NVDLC01RadioChristineAct1 Don't... eh... don't talk much, do you? NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioChr_00011358_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioChristineAct1 NVDLC01RadioChristineAct1 {Sighs, irritated at being rebuffed}All right, then. I'll just wallflower it over here. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioChr_0001135A_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioChristineAct1 NVDLC01RadioChristineAct1 {Testing the waters}Damn shame, hate to think if someone put you in there. Who bailed you out again, the new guy? Interesting. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioChr_0001135D_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioChristineAct1 NVDLC01RadioChristineAct1 So... what's your story, beautiful? NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioChr_00011356_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioChristineAct1 NVDLC01RadioChristineAct1 {Gently bringing it up, worried she remembers him}Eh... those scars? What happened, somebody... something carve you up, or...? NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioChr_0001135B_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct1 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct1 A little slow, huh? Uh... Dean. Dean Domino. I... live here. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00011371_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct1 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct1 All right, pal, you stay in your corner, I'll stay in mine. {Beat}Do not leave me alone with this thing. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00011373_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct1 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct1 Wait, so you're not just slow, you're screwy, too? {Rolls eyes}Some crew we are... we are never getting into the Sierra Madre. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_0001136B_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct1 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct1 Don't like the way this guy is looking at me. You better be his leash. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_0001136D_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct1 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct1 Where the hell did you get this one. "Dog?" What, so you don't forget your name? NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_0001136F_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct1 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct1 Why are you so carved up - {frowns, a little incredulous}that a {emph}bear trap on your arm? NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00011369_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct1 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct1 {Irritated}You'd think it was Spring the way tourists keep rolling in. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D0B_1 Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct1 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct1 {Impressed}That one's got a head on their shoulders. {Beat}For now. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D0C_1 Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct1 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct1 {Frowns, to himself}Hope that tourist is hurrying, haven't got all day. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D0D_1 Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct1 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct1 {Frowns}At least this one seems like a straight shooter. {Beat}Or sucker. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D0E_1 Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct1 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct1 {Frowns}That tourist crosses me, they'll regret it. {Beat, shrugs}Even if they don't, they still might. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D0F_1 Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct1 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct1 {Shakes head, disappointed in self}Should never have set that radio signal on repeat. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D10_1 Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 That a bet you want to take? Cause I'll see that and raise you a few bullets to the skull. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00011366_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 Hope you've got this one under control because he's giving me a nasty itch on my trigger finger. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00011368_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 {Mutters}Didn't come all this way to get conned by some tourist. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D12_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, irritated about it (and worried). Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 {Angry}We'll see who's holding the cards in the end... NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D11_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, irritated about it (and worried). Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 The joke's on you, "partners." You aren't getting to the prize without me. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D13_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, irritated about it (and worried). Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 {Sighs}This is a fine how do you do. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D14_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, irritated about it (and worried). Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 {Grumbles}Should have blown up that seat cushion right when they sat down, would've been a better end than this. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D15_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, irritated about it (and worried). Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 {To himself}Just finish the last job, Dean. It's all you've wanted, just hang in there. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D16_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, irritated about it (and worried). Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 {Himself}Keep your head down, Dean, don't let the locals see you. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D17_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, irritated about it (and worried). Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 Sinclair, you better appreciate all I do to screw you over. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D18_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, but confident in the player. Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 That tourist is better than most. Probably won't matter. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D19_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, but confident in the player. Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 {Mutters}Town's going to be filled with Ghosts when the sky lights up. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D1A_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, irritated about it (and worried). Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 The linked collars is a new trick. Can't say I like it much. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D1B_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, but confident in the player. Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 Waiting for the fireworks. {Beat}Just like last time. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D1C_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, but confident in the player. Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 Can't wait to see their faces when they find out what the lock is. Just gotta wait 'em out. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D1D_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, but confident in the player. Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 Place is going to be swarming with the masks when the sky lights up. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D1E_1 Forced to stand and wait in a dangerous area, but confident in the player. Dean is talking to himself in these lines.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 {himself}Not much time to get to the gates before they shut the door and turn folks away. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D1F_1 Dean is commenting on fireworks display in the sky, the Grand Opening of the Sierra Madre. Mixed feelings about it.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 Holy Mary, Mother, and Joe - now {emph}there's a show. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D20_1 Dean is commenting on fireworks display in the sky, the Grand Opening of the Sierra Madre. Mixed feelings about it.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 {Urgent, worried he's going to get attacked by zombies}All right, now - I'm out of here. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D21_1 Dean is commenting on fireworks display in the sky, the Grand Opening of the Sierra Madre. Mixed feelings about it.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 {Urgent, worried he's going to get attacked by zombies}If the Ghost People didn't know we were here before, they know now. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D22_1 Dean is commenting on fireworks display in the sky, the Grand Opening of the Sierra Madre. Mixed feelings about it.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 Someone struck up the band. {To himself, grumbling}A band of tortured cats. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D23_1 Dean is commenting on fireworks display in the sky, the Grand Opening of the Sierra Madre. Mixed feelings about it.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 What kind of casino has two Grand Openings? NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D24_1 Dean is commenting on fireworks display in the sky, the Grand Opening of the Sierra Madre. Mixed feelings about it.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 {Cold, to himself}This is your last hurrah, Sinclair, I promise you. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D25_1 Dean is commenting on fireworks display in the sky, the Grand Opening of the Sierra Madre. Mixed feelings about it.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 Just my luck. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D26_1 Dean is commenting on fireworks display in the sky, the Grand Opening of the Sierra Madre. Mixed feelings about it.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 Luck's finally shining down on me. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D27_1 Dean is commenting on fireworks display in the sky, the Grand Opening of the Sierra Madre. Mixed feelings about it.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 You wait, beautiful. Keep that gate open for me, Dean'll be there soon. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D28_1 Dean is commenting on fireworks display in the sky, the Grand Opening of the Sierra Madre. Mixed feelings about it.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 Sierra Madre, sweetheart, Dean's coming home. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010D29_1 Dean is commenting on fireworks display in the sky, the Grand Opening of the Sierra Madre. Mixed feelings about it.
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct2 {Getting angry}Stop looking at me, you idiot. I can hear your stomach growling from here, I don't like it. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00011364_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct3 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct3 Got to say this for Sinclair, he sure knew how to keep things locked down, the tight-assed prick. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010C27_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct3 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct3 Where the hell did everyone else go? NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010C23_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct3 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct3 Wonder what happened to the suckers. {Frowns}Might have gotten taken away, like I did? Hnh. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010C1E_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct3 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct3 {Looking around}Hnh. Theater's almost the same as it was. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010C22_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct3 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct3 {Under his breath, after battle in the theater}Not going to be performing here again, that's for sure. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010C28_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct3 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct3 {Frustrated}First time on stage in a hundred years, and it has to be this? NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010C21_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct3 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct3 Need some help here... and that audience is {emph}not looking friendly. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010C24_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct3 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct3 Hope my partner fared better than I did... better not have left me high and dry, get-even's not going to be pretty. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010C25_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct3 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct3 That audience... better lay low, get a feel for the crowd. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010C1F_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct3 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct3 Good thing, someone walks in here, they're toast. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010C20_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct3 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct3 I am out of here... well, not to the Villa, just out of the damn theater first chance I get. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010C26_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDeanAct3 NVDLC01RadioDeanAct3 {Looking around}This place... hasn't changed at all. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDea_00010C1D_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDogAct1 NVDLC01RadioDogAct1 Used to know a ventriloquist with more skill than you, at least he had the sense to know his own name without carving it into his chest. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDog_0001135F_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDogAct1 NVDLC01RadioDogAct1 The truth, buddy, is this: you and me, we're now family as long as we got these bowties on. So watch your mouth, you don't scare me. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDog_00011361_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDogAct2 NVDLC01RadioDogAct2 Sierra Madre's mine, my heart's right where it belongs. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDog_0001134F_1
Radio NVDLC01RadioDogAct2 NVDLC01RadioDogAct2 Sounds like you need your hearing checked. Sierra Madre, it's meant for me. NVDLC01Rad_NVDLC01RadioDog_00011351_1
Topic NVDLC01EndingDean NVDLC01EndingDean {Dean Dead: Narration, a little wistful at the memory}Dean Domino, entertainer, singer... thief... had his last show on the Sierra Madre stage. NVDLC01End_NVDLC01EndingDe_0000ADA5_1 Dean is dead, narrating what happened to him at the end of the game when the end credits play.
Topic NVDLC01EndingDean NVDLC01EndingDean {Narration}The heist he spent over two hundred years planning fell apart, just as the first, by underestimating his partner's strength. NVDLC01End_NVDLC01EndingDe_0000ADA5_2
Topic NVDLC01EndingDean NVDLC01EndingDean {Narration}Not long after the Courier left the Villa, the lights in the theater shut off, one by one. NVDLC01End_NVDLC01EndingDe_0000ADA5_3
Topic NVDLC01EndingDean NVDLC01EndingDean {Narration}Only Dean's Hologram remained on stage, singing silently to an empty room. NVDLC01End_NVDLC01EndingDe_0000ADA5_4
Topic NVDLC01EndingDean NVDLC01EndingDean {Narration, sad shaking of head, end on a downnote}Still... as consumed as he had been with its riches and ruin, the Sierra Madre had held him captive long ago. NVDLC01End_NVDLC01EndingDe_0000ADA5_5 Slow, a little sad as if shaking your head, draw this to a close.
Topic NVDLC01EndingDean NVDLC01EndingDean {Dean Alive: Narration, slightly upbeat}Dean Domino, entertainer, singer... thief... explored the Sierra Madre not long after he was rescued by the Courier. NVDLC01End_NVDLC01EndingDe_00011DEA_1 Dean's alive during this "end credits" narration.
Topic NVDLC01EndingDean NVDLC01EndingDean {Narration}Once he left the theater, the Sierra Madre recognized him as a guest, and many doors opened to him. He had to admit, it had been built to last. NVDLC01End_NVDLC01EndingDe_00011DEA_2 2nd part of this, slightly impressed.
Topic NVDLC01EndingDean NVDLC01EndingDean {Narration}During his search, he came across the final records of Vera and Sinclair, and realized what happened the night the bombs fell. NVDLC01End_NVDLC01EndingDe_00011DEA_3
Topic NVDLC01EndingDean NVDLC01EndingDean {Narration}He felt strangely sad for a moment, and he had no idea why. NVDLC01End_NVDLC01EndingDe_00011DEA_4 Slightly confused. Never really got that Vera finally found love. And why that would bother him.
Topic NVDLC01EndingDean NVDLC01EndingDean {Narration}Shrugging it off, his mind turned instead to where the Courier had come from. Vegas still survived, out there in the Mojave. NVDLC01End_NVDLC01EndingDe_00011DEA_5 Direction: Whatever, throw the line away, then make it eager-new-horizons in second half.
Topic NVDLC01EndingDean NVDLC01EndingDean {Narration}Its sights, sounds... and casinos, ripe for the taking. NVDLC01End_NVDLC01EndingDe_00011DEA_6 Slightly eager/predatory.
Topic NVDLC01EndingDean NVDLC01EndingDean {Narration, slightly upbeat}So giving the Sierra Madre one last nod and a wink, he set off beyond the Cloud to begin again. NVDLC01End_NVDLC01EndingDe_00011DEA_7 Slow, draw this to a close.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueAutoDocBark NVDLC01DeanDialogueAutoDocBark {Looking around}Sinclair's little surgery carts. {To himself}Kept them around for his lady friend. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00011342_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueAutoDocCorridor NVDLC01DeanDialogueAutoDocCorridor What, you need surgery done? Let's get out of here... those speakers on the wall are making my nerves do a dance. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00011B79_1 Player keeps going deeper into the clinic, and Dean doesn't want Christine (a victim he put here) found.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGala02BrokenCatwalk NVDLC01DeanDialogueGala02BrokenCatwalk {To himself, broken catwalk ahead}Guess we're going the long way around. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000118EF_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGala02PostCloud NVDLC01DeanDialogueGala02PostCloud {Coughs}See? That... {coughs again}wasn't so bad, was it? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000118F1_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGala02ToxicCloud NVDLC01DeanDialogueGala02ToxicCloud {Commenting about the toxic Cloud}Looks like we'll have to go through this pea soup. I can get you across. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000118F0_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGhostBark NVDLC01DeanDialogueGhostBark {Little nervous}We're not heading to the police station, are we? Ghost People hunt there. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00011339_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGhostDeadBark NVDLC01DeanDialogueGhostDeadBark He's not dead... it's a trick. {Beat}Get an axe. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013821_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueGhostDeadBark NVDLC01DeanDialogueGhostDeadBark Better make sure he's dead. {Quiet, more to himself}Poke him with a stick or something. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000137D9_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueInClinic NVDLC01DeanDialogueInClinic Watch for Hologram security, not as nice as the lady at the fountain, trust me. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00011B81_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueMedicalDistrict NVDLC01DeanDialogueMedicalDistrict {Confused}What are we doing here? {Sarcastic}We're not going to find a doctor on call at this hour, trust me. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00011B88_1 Player has entered the medical district. Confusion, then uneasy sarcasm.
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueMedicalDistrict NVDLC01DeanDialogueMedicalDistrict {Uneasy, not because of ghosts, but finding his victim, Christine}Place is haunted, got ghosts walking in it. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00011B89_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic000 Are you going to give me the key or not? {Paranoia sets in}Look... I give you this key, and there's nothing to keep you from just killing me and running. And as I see it... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001331C_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic000 Are you going to give me the key or not? {Quiet resolution}...I just gave up my ace in the hole. So... the only chance I've got left is making sure you don't leave. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001331C_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic000 Are you going to give me the key or not? And there's no way in hell I'm letting you get to the Sierra Madre vault instead of me. Not after all this time. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001331C_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic002 Come on, Dean, turning me to ash? Hardly the way to end a beautiful partnership. It's a shame... I regret it. Still, you dames are all the same - things get a little hot, you get cold feet. That's why I'm still alive. You? Well... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013302_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic005 I found this Holotape in your safe. {Disdainful}You don't just stop robbing casinos, do you? What's that tape... oh, the one with Sinclair's woman, Vera. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013311_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic005 I found this Holotape in your safe. {Disdainful}What about it? You want me to give you a standing ovation? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013311_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic006 {Hates PC}That's all I wanted to know. Ready to die? Always asking questions when you should be shooting. You're a piece of work, I'll give you that. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013312_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic008 Vera Hologram? You know the holographic woman? Yeah - don't you? Or... {Frowns}guess Vera Keyes got lost along with the rest of the holo-archives when the bomb hit, huh? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B93_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic008 Vera Hologram? You know the holographic woman? {Little wistful}Ghost in name and image. Still a looker, though. {Quiet}Got to hand it to Sinclair, sure can pick 'em. Well, or get picked. Whichever. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B93_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic009 I bet I can figure out how to unlock the exit without you. You're not a betting man, which means I'm betting you have the key to the exit on you. [SUCCEEDED] {Bluffing, slightly uneasy}Lucky guess... you sure about that? Because if you make a mistake... well, Sierra Madre's got us both. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013313_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic009 I bet I can figure out how to unlock the exit without you. [FAILED] Yeah, you're a gambler. Me, I don't take chances. Trust me, only {emph}one of us has a sure out. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013314_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic022 No, based on your response, I'm sure of it. All right, all right... look, I'll hand it over, I promise. No need to get all upset. We can both come out ahead in this. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001330E_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic024 I'm positive you have it. Now, I'll just kill you and take it. {Flustered}What? Hey, hey... now... w-wait... I... {angered}ah, forget it. Time for the hard way. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001330F_1 <THEATER: Dean curses Player, getting ready to fight to the death>
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic025 I think she was sick, yes. Found a medical report in her Suite. {Frowns}What are you talking about? Medical report? Vera wasn't... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013310_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic025 I think she was sick, yes. Found a medical report in her Suite. {Thinking}...the Med-X and Superstims. And here I thought she was trying to numb herself to the lights. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013310_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic025 I think she was sick, yes. Found a medical report in her Suite. Sinclair must have known, though. He was dense, not in that way. But... that doesn't make any sense. If she was sick, dying... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013310_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic025 I think she was sick, yes. Found a medical report in her Suite. ...then why build this place? Why start a damn casino and have her be the lock? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013310_4
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic026 Why did you need her? Because she could get closer to Sinclair than I ever could. He built this place for her... well, after the two "chanced" to meet. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001330C_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic027 I'm not sure. That's... hmm. Never mind, doesn't change anything. The Sierra Madre's still waiting for us to crack it open. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001330D_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic028 Are you really that stupid? I waited an entire lifetime! Sitting in that Villa, watching it all fall apart - Sinclair's Sierra Madre towering over everything? Untouched?! NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001331B_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic028 Are you really that stupid? Then you show up, thinking you can just take it all from me, you and the old man running the show? I {emph}planned all this, I {emph}made it all happen, not you! NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001331B_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic028 Are you really that stupid? Sure, yeah, I have the key on me. I made other keys, too, to unlock the casino and ruin Sinclair, finally. After all these years... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001331B_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic028 Are you really that stupid? No... now... now I think ruining you and all your plans would be enough for me. Kill me, I still win, you're never getting in the vault. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001331B_4
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic033 That's the plan. Are you going to be able to do it safely? {Skeptical}Well... "safely?" Around here, that word doesn't come cheap. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013396_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic033 That's the plan. Are you going to be able to do it safely? Safely? What, after your sweet-and-ruthless talk when we first met, now you care about my safety? Right. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013397_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic034 I could just jab both wires into you, close the circuit that way. Really? You don't strike me as the type, especially after our little "how can I cooperate" chat at my home. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001339F_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic034 I could just jab both wires into you, close the circuit that way. Real funny. {Beat}Although you know, after your "collar talk" in the Residential area, I believe you. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133A0_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic035 If re-connecting the speakers is part of the Gala Event, yes. Look... I strike up the speaker system, there's going to be ghosts all over this place. Any change in the sounds around here... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013390_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic035 If re-connecting the speakers is part of the Gala Event, yes. ...the Ghost People are not big on talking, they are big on listening. Hunting. Killing. More vicious than music critics, trust me. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013390_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic036 Look, I need you to stay here and do it. {Like told to wait in a DMZ}In the middle of town here? Alone? On a {emph}rooftop, with a big lightshow in the air? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001339E_1 <Dean doesn't want to stay in a DMZ with zombies all around.>
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic036 Look, I need you to stay here and do it. {Sarcastic}Tell you what - why don't you just give me one of those Space Age Cosmic Knives so I can slit my wrists, be less {emph}painful checking out that way. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001339E_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic047 What weapons are you skilled with? Not one for fighting if we can avoid it. Still, wasn't bad at the pistol range and over the years, I've learned how to handle a knife... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000138D5_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic047 What weapons are you skilled with? {Little quieter}...and explosives a bit. A bit. {To himself}Made a lot of mistakes along the way. Still have my fingers, though. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000138D5_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic083 Any idea why he wants you there? Partner, I'm not sure this guy's operating with a full deck. My bet? Process of elimination, lowest common denominator. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B9F_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic083 Any idea why he wants you there? He figures the "Strong Man"'s needed somewhere, {to himself}even if it sounds like the Strong Man's {emph}two minds about it. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B9F_2 Two minds b/c Dog (Strong Man) has multiple personalities.
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic083 Any idea why he wants you there? Plus, I'm guessing wherever ol' Doggy Boy's needed doesn't need smarts. {Beat, to himself}I hope not, or we're royally jones'd. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B9F_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic089 Security? What security? Didn't see anyone come in? Well... they'll be here soon. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132FA_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic089 Security? What security? And go on, run for the exit door, this'll be fun to watch. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132FB_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic106 Scrounge supplies? Like what? {Defensive}I still need to eat. At least I think I do. The Villa provides... even if it's not as glamorous as the Cantina Madrid. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133BA_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic106 Scrounge supplies? Like what? Once I... well, realized what you could scrounge up around here, I had a lot of time to experiment. Not the best chef, but... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133BA_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic106 Scrounge supplies? Like what? ...well, here's the mix, if you can stomach it. {Rueful}I call it a "Sierra Madre Martini." NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133BA_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic109 How do you make it? Scrape some Cloud Residue off the walls, mash it in a Tin Can with some Junk Food from the machines, then hold your nose and down it. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133BC_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic109 How do you make it? There's Electric Hot Plates around if you can't find a campfire to mix it at. Also, there's other recipes you can do with the Cloud Residue... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133BC_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic109 How do you make it? ...although it might take a hardier survivalist than me to brew them. I stick to martinis. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133BC_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic112 What about Christine? Christine, that her name? Nice name. I mean, you can't see it on posters, but... never mind. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B9D_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic112 What about Christine? I don't know. She might need to hold some place where speaking isn't important. Like stage tech? Lighting? Got me. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B9D_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic112 What about Christine? And me? I've had prime billing in Europe, New York... and this gig doesn't feel like that. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B9E_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic112 What about Christine? Don't get me wrong, I can hold an audience, conduct a score from the rooftops, but I'm guessing I'm the odd man out in this whole heist. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B9E_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic113 And the woman? The Auto-Doc victim - what about her? Little Miss Silence...? Maybe she needs to be in some place where she can be seen, but being heard isn't important? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B96_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic114 Interesting? Interesting how? Why... it sure is interesting. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? [SUCCEEDED] Yeah... maybe the drain in power, that'll cause the security systems to shut down enough to let us in. But... getting back out? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B97_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic114 Interesting? Interesting how? Why... it sure is interesting. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? No, the place'll close up tighter than an opening at the Fronds. {To himself}Or Danny Parker's sphincter when he has to tip a doorman. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B97_2 Fronds = Old World casino, Danny Parker = Old World entertainer that Domino didn't like too much.
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic114 Interesting? Interesting how? [FAILED] Interesting... in the sense that having some light show open the Sierra Madre? Interesting to me, who would have thought? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B98_1 Whoops, almost revealed too much, backpedaling a bit here before the player finds him out.
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic115 What happens during the Gala Event? Oh, it'll light up the casino, light up the sky... set the speakers in the Villa to play beautiful, soothing music. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B8B_1 Oh, sure, it'll be all sweetness and roses...
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic115 What happens during the Gala Event? ...and when I say soothing music, I mean with the speakers being the state they are, things'll be screaming, all right. Think air raid sirens. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B8B_2 ...if by roses, you mean Venus flytraps.
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic115 What happens during the Gala Event? That means it'll wake up everything in town like a hornet's nest. Not sure what a hornet is? Forget it - basically, trouble. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B8B_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic117 Can you tell me about her? Vera was a big star, back before the Bomb. Not the best actress, but... well, she had other talents. Nice voice, nice legs. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B90_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic117 Can you tell me about her? For some reason, Sinclair... he built this place... she caught his eye. {Shrugs}Once he was hooked, that was it, had to have her. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B90_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic117 Can you tell me about her? So made the introductions, and guess what? He builds this place for her, like some kind of Cleopatra obsession. {Beat, looks around}Wasn't always a deathtrap. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B90_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic118 Introductions? You knew her before? Of course. What, some kind of surprise to you that I knew people once? Used to have my name in lights, all right? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B94_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic118 Introductions? You knew her before? Knew a dozen Veras, or whatever her name was. Uh... "Vera Keyes." Figured I could pay Sinclair back, introduce the two... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B94_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic118 Introductions? You knew her before? {To himself}...guy was a slouch in the dame department, had to pick up the slack somehow. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B94_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic120 I found some medical records in the Villa Clinic. You brought her in for treatment, right? {Slight surprise}The Clinic? {Beat, a little wary}Yeah, I did bring her in. Before the Gala... well, before the first Gala Event. A few lifetimes ago. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B8F_1 Dean's initially worried he's been "caught" at the opening of this thread, then recovers, tries to dismiss it.
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic120 I found some medical records in the Villa Clinic. You brought her in for treatment, right? She was a stress case, throat was shot, all nerves. When she wasn't doped up on Med-X or Superstimming her pain away... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B8F_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic120 I found some medical records in the Villa Clinic. You brought her in for treatment, right? ...look, never mind. I don't want to speak bad about her. She was a classy woman, good singer, and if she couldn't act her way out of a box... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B8F_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic120 I found some medical records in the Villa Clinic. You brought her in for treatment, right? ...she was Sinclair's world, and that's all that mattered. He didn't need to know any of that, any of her history. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B8F_4
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic121 So the visitors all killed each other? Sure. First, they figure they can get out, escape. {Beat, slow, emph}Then they start thinking it over, start thinking about how they can have it all. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B92_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic121 So the visitors all killed each other? They start weighing the odds, taking risks... and then taking each other out. Bomb collars or not. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B92_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic121 So the visitors all killed each other? Although... it's odd, the bomb collars weren't linked before like they are now. Guess someone learned what the problem was. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B92_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic122 What happened to the people who came to the Villa? Dead. Either got killed by one of the Villa's attractions, locals, or the beautiful weather. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B9A_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic122 What happened to the people who came to the Villa? Can tell you right now - they didn't stick close to each other, and when they did, they let down their guard at the wrong moment. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B9A_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic122 What happened to the people who came to the Villa? Some left signposts to others, trying to help them out - just led to them getting killed by someone a little more greedy than they were. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B9A_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic123 Any advice to getting through this? Well... considering my life's on the line, too, yeah, a few things. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B8D_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic123 Any advice to getting through this? First off, keep everyone together. Keep checking behind you, make sure your partners are following... {emph}don't let them wander. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B8D_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic123 Any advice to getting through this? Also, don't go running crazy everywhere. Almost every inch of this town is lethal. So if you're not sure, take it real slow. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B8D_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic123 Any advice to getting through this? And speaking of slow, don't go shouting, or attracting attention. Go quiet. The Ghost People find you, it's over. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B8D_4
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic124 The Gala Event's tied into the casino's generators? {Frowns, remembers player doesn't know this}Right, look - so, not everything about the Villa was the pinnacle of bright ideas. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B99_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic124 The Gala Event's tied into the casino's generators? In order to pull off the Gala, old Sinclair had to get creative... the Sierra Madre announcement, for example. Not just for the casino, not at all. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B99_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic124 The Gala Event's tied into the casino's generators? The Gala's tied to the casino, draws on its power. Might cause it to reset itself, open the doors for a bit like it was supposed to. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B99_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic127 What do you mean about the Sierra Madre broadcast? Well, Vera's beautiful voice doesn't run on casino power, exactly. Her broadcast is tied into the emergency broadcast signal for the Sierra Madre. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B91_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic127 What do you mean about the Sierra Madre broadcast? You know, in case of attack? Well, guess what - the night of the Gala Event, the emergency signal went out all right. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B91_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic127 What do you mean about the Sierra Madre broadcast? But because the broadcast had been hooked up to the Gala Event, instead of an emergency signal, you get Vera's voice on the radio. Great, huh? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B91_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic128 So... it's not an invitation, it's a call for help. Yeah. The Sierra Madre's last song, one only a few people are ever going to hear. A little sad, but what can you do? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012B9B_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic131 I'm not following you. Odd Man out... dead weight. Someone you need holding the toolbox, the nurse passing the scalpel, the chauffer driving you to the concert. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012FA1_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic131 I'm not following you. Any guy with {emph}hands is who he needs up on that rooftop. Guess he thinks I don't rate, looking like I do. {Beat}Poor him. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012FA1_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic132 Wait, what Holograms? What are you talking about? {Uneasy}Look... those ghosts are going to come out of the wings behind you in a second, the security types, {emph}not the "friendly" bald types. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013265_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic132 Wait, what Holograms? What are you talking about? And if you got in here, the door's probably locked tight behind you - so {emph}don't back up or run for the exit, you're not going to make it. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013265_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic134 So how do I get you out of there? Trust me - as soon as you can, run to the door to the {emph}left - use the key you got out of the music rag there, and camp out. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001326C_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic134 So how do I get you out of there? As bad as things are, it's going to get a lot worse if either of us pops - so get backstage... {under his breath}until we get a better plan. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001326C_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic135 All right, I'll head for the door on the left. All right, I'll break to my right, head for the locked door. {DUPE}Good, go, and don't get yourself killed - do that, and we're both done. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013279_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic135 All right, I'll head for the door on the left. Good, go, and don't get yourself killed - do that, and we're both done. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013266_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic135 All right, I'll head for the door on the left. {Nervous}Look... just get rid of them, all right? Tried to slip off stage, then they all started changing color and raising their hands... {emph}not a good sign. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013267_1 <Dean pleads to be rescued from the Theater's Holograms. He vanishes into the stage's scaffolding/hallways to hide away from them - Holograms are on>
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic136 Uh... anything else you can tell me that'd help? Anything? I need a little more than that to go on if we're going to break out of here. [SUCCEEDED] Uh... right. Uh... let's see... when you get the door open, there'll be an exit door dead ahead. {Emph}Don't take it. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001326D_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic136 Uh... anything else you can tell me that'd help? Anything? I need a little more than that to go on if we're going to break out of here. It's most likely filled with toxins from the vents. So hug the wall, make as much space between you and the door... or it's Cloud Nine in a casket. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001326D_2 Or it's curtains for you.
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic136 Uh... anything else you can tell me that'd help? Anything? I need a little more than that to go on if we're going to break out of here. Past that... {thinking}is my dressing room. Under the table there's a footlocker. It's tucked back a bit, so you might miss it. Inside, a gun, some ammo. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001326D_5
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic136 Uh... anything else you can tell me that'd help? Anything? I need a little more than that to go on if we're going to break out of here. Not much help against the ghosts, still, if you're about to give up, call it quits? {Beat, punchline}Throw it to {emph}me so I can eat a bullet first. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001326D_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic136 Uh... anything else you can tell me that'd help? Anything? [FAILED] Anything else? I've told you all I can think of! Now, come on, get going. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001326F_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic137 This casino's security system is pissing me off. {Slight nervous}You are preaching to the choir. Sinclair and his security... don't even get me started. Those Holograms... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001326A_2 Being slightly casual in his speech here, even though his life is in danger.
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic138 What about the speakers in here? Dean, the theater speakers are wired to a central sound system, right? [SUCCEEDED] {Slight frustration - what's the player getting at?}Yeah... yeah, so what? We got bigger problems with the Holograms... no, no, wait, you're right. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013268_1 Reverses his tone, realizes the player's thinking long term, which is smart.
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic138 What about the speakers in here? Dean, the theater speakers are wired to a central sound system, right? {Frustrated}The Theater piped music and sound backstage, which means those little squealers are in the corridors back there, too. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013268_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic138 What about the speakers in here? [FAILED] {Urgent}What about them? The speakers won't kill you if you leave them alone, don't worry about them, just get backstage. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013269_1 Increased urgency at the end, but won't raise his voice.
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic139 Calm down, think. Do you know specifically where? Uh... let's see. Um, once you break right, watch each turn in the corridor, one'll be on your right past my dressing room - and up. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013264_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic139 Calm down, think. Do you know specifically where? Oh, my dressing room - may have left the radio on, right by the table... uh, if you could just shut it off instead of blowing it u... uh, never mind. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013264_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic139 Calm down, think. Do you know specifically where? {Remembering}And there was a speaker in the prop room, too - on the wall between the entrances. And... well, walk slow - there's bound to be more. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013264_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic141 Yeah, but if I run, what about the Security Holograms? Getting backstage is a temporary measure if I can't find the security terminal. [SUCCEEDED] {Thinking}Yeah... yeah, right. So... let's see... security's here because the show hasn't started. Guests aren't allowed in, so... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013273_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic141 Yeah, but if I run, what about the Security Holograms? Getting backstage is a temporary measure if I can't find the security terminal. ...guess we need to start the show. Okay... so when they were setting this place up... we had rehearsals... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013273_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic141 Yeah, but if I run, what about the Security Holograms? Getting backstage is a temporary measure if I can't find the security terminal. {relaxes a bit}...and heh... Sinclair even set up hologram recordings of the shows so we could watch and critique our performances before a fake audience. {Beat, slight anger}Whatever. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013273_3 Slight anger at end, reminding himself he hates Sinclair.
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic141 Yeah, but if I run, what about the Security Holograms? Getting backstage is a temporary measure if I can't find the security terminal. Thing is, when the recording queued up, a nice, calm, appreciative audience appeared in the Theater - no security with their head-blasting zap rays. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013273_4
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic141 Yeah, but if I run, what about the Security Holograms? Getting backstage is a temporary measure if I can't find the security terminal. So, find the music, get it to the projector room upstairs, then play it...? Might reset security, worth a shot. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013273_5
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic141 Yeah, but if I run, what about the Security Holograms? [FAILED] One thing at a time - and buying time is what we need, all right? Think in the now, it'll sort itself out. {Beat}I hope. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013274_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic142 Good thing you mentioned that before I ran back there, "partner." Look, I'm in danger here, all right, not exactly thinking with a level head, so cut me some slack. {Beat}Please. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001326B_1 Genuinely sorry at the end, realizes player could leave him out to dry.
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic143 That's the radios and speakers - what about a central sound system? The speakers are all controlled by a central console. {Thinking}It's the farthest from the only door out of here... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013263_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic143 That's the radios and speakers - what about a central sound system? ...so you'd need to do a full circuit of the corridor to get to it. Once there, you'll need to shut it down, and I don't have the code. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013263_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic143 That's the radios and speakers - what about a central sound system? If you have the code, you can turn off {emph}all the speakers, make them settle down. Getting backstage should buy us time, just take it slow. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013263_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic146 All right, makes sense. Where's the music? The Holotape should be where I left it... no, wait. It's... it's in Vera's dressing room, probably. May... may be a key to her room on my desk. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013275_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic146 All right, makes sense. Where's the music? Anyway... snag the key out of my room, and look around Vera's room, the Holotape has to be there. As for getting it to the projection booth... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013275_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic146 All right, makes sense. Where's the music? Well... sometimes Vera used to watch from the projection booth, so she must have had a master key... look around her room, might be there. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013275_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic147 So I go to the locked door, right? Wait - I need to head to the door to your left or my left? [SUCCEEDED] What? Oh, my left - your right. So, yeah, run to the door on your right. {Beat}Heh, almost got you killed there. {To himself}Us killed there. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013277_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic147 So I go to the locked door, right? [FAILED] Right, the locked door to the left. Watch out, the guards are going to materialize in any second, crouch and take it slow. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013278_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic148 What are you doing with a key to her room? Do I have to spell it out? Come on. Time's wasting, and those Holograms are going to be on us any second. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132AC_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic149 The key is a song by Vera Keyes. What? Are you sure? {Beat, realizes}That song... that stupid song of hers... no, that makes perfect sense. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132B6_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic149 The key is a song by Vera Keyes. And it was always playing here in the casino... dammit, if I'd only brought a recording inside... so, what, you're trying to recover it? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132B6_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic150 Fine with me. Come on, let's settle this. Oh, I'm not going to fight you - I'm going to let {emph}security show you out. Didn't see anyone come in? Well... they'll be here soon. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132FC_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic152 The song still exists in fragments in the Sierra Madre archives on each floor. Guess Vera echoes down through the ages, then. Sierra Madre hasn't completely forgotten her. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001329C_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic152 The song still exists in fragments in the Sierra Madre archives on each floor. {Frowns}So that's why you showed... you wanted what was in the music archives on this floor, hook up the signal. Nice. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001329C_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic153 What about the collars, huh? Kill me, and... And the collars? You sound awfully eager to kill someone whose life is tied to yours. [SUCCEEDED] No... no... the collars... I know what happened now. Sure, mine activated... but it feels different, the electronic tapdance inside. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132FD_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic153 What about the collars, huh? Kill me, and... And the collars? You sound awfully eager to kill someone whose life is tied to yours. I can kill you and still make it out while security is busy frying you to a crisp. Hands are clean, then smooth sailing to the Sierra Madre. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132FD_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic153 What about the collars, huh? Kill me, and... [FAILED] No... I know how the collars behave now, in here anyway. At least the Sierra Madre gave me {emph}that. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132FE_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic153 What about the collars, huh? Kill me, and... I should be thankful, in a second, it'll give me another gift - with any luck, security'll leave enough of your ashes for an urn on my mantle. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132FE_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic154 <Lie> I'm not sure how to do it yet. You said you had a recording outside? Well, yeah in the Villa. {More to himself}But I have one inside, too. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132AE_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic154 <Lie> I'm not sure how to do it yet. You said you had a recording outside? We can talk about that later, though, it's not important right now... you came for me, any sign of the others? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132AE_2 A little cagier here, is trying to figure out if Christine is alive.
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic155 The one who put these collars on us wanted me to deal with everyone first. Figures... wish he'd show himself, although I'm betting he's not doing that until we've cracked the vault. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132A6_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic155 The one who put these collars on us wanted me to deal with everyone first. {Thinking}That means we'll still need a copy of the song to get into the vault... and after all I went through to smuggle a copy inside. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132A6_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic155 The one who put these collars on us wanted me to deal with everyone first. Wait... you said this guy wanted you to deal with all of us first? What, is everyone else here? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132A6_3 Realizes what the player just said.
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic156 Wait - you said you have one inside? Where's the song recording you have? It's safe. I hope. Right now, let's focus on getting everyone {emph}else to safety, all right? Everybody else all right? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132AF_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic157 Christine is alive. Dog... well... Forget that walking stomach, not interested in being his lunch... just glad the girl's all right. Where is she? Is she here? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132A0_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic157 Christine is alive. Dog... well... Wait... no, if the Sierra Madre assigned people to floors, she's got to have been sent to Vera's room, right? That's irony for you. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132A0_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic157 Christine is alive. Dog... well... Perfect, couldn't have worked out better. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132A0_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic158 Christine is dead. Dog... well... {Frustrated}Dead? For the love of... this whole heist was a gamble anyway. So much for back-up plans. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001329E_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic159 <Lie> If by "recording inside" you meant Christine, she's dead. {DUPE: Frustrated}Dead? For the love of... Chopping up her voice box was a gamble anyway. So much for back-up plans. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132B3_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic160 If by "recording inside," you meant Christine, she's dead. Figured that out, huh? Clever. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001329F_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic161 The one who put these collars on us wanted me to deal with everyone first. Figures... wish he'd show himself, although I'm betting he's not doing that until we've cracked the vault. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132A8_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic161 The one who put these collars on us wanted me to deal with everyone first. {Thinking}That means we'll still need a copy of the song to get into the vault... and after all I went through to smuggle a copy inside. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132A8_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic161 The one who put these collars on us wanted me to deal with everyone first. Wait... you said this guy wanted you to deal with all of us first? What, is everyone else here? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132A8_3 Realizes what the player just said.
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic162 No - believe it or not, I wasn't going to leave you to die. You know... people can still surprise me. All right, I believe you. You got spine. {Raises an eyebrow}Guess the bombs left a little human goodwill behind. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132A4_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic163 If it means I can get out of this alive, yes, that's why I'm here. At least you're honest, can't blame you. I'd have done the same if there was a trigger to my head... or a collar on my neck. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132B7_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic164 Yes, that's the next step. You going to be all right? {Brushoff, needs player to leave}I'll be fine, don't worry about me. Go on ahead, I'm going to try and unwind. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132A7_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic165 Now that I've got the signal established to this floor, yes. All right - well, thanks for bailing me out. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132B0_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic167 <Do Not Translate: Additional Storage Nodes> So - what, you're heading to the main terminal now that you've got this floor unlocked? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132B2_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic167 <Do Not Translate: Additional Storage Nodes> {Frowns}Hnh. You got a point. {Frowns, warning}You better not let me down. Try and get into the Sierra Madre without me? You'll wish you hadn't. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013392_1 < Weighing the player's offer, makes sense. >
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic167 <Do Not Translate: Additional Storage Nodes> {Slight hesitation}All right... look, if the Holograms are here to keep me company, then... I don't mind staying here for a while. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013393_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic167 <Do Not Translate: Additional Storage Nodes> But listen... {Frowns, warning}when this thing goes off, try and get into the Sierra Madre without me? You'll wish you hadn't. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013394_1 < Weighing the player's offer, makes sense. >
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic168 Wait, you were trying to smuggle one inside? Where is it? It's safe. I hope. Right now, let's focus on getting everyone {emph}else to safety, all right? Everybody else all right? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132A1_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic169 If you were using Christine's voice box to smuggle Vera's voice in, she's dead. And here I thought I was being clever. {To himself}Teach me to hold my cards a little closer to the chest... whole heist was a gamble anyway. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132AD_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic169 If you were using Christine's voice box to smuggle Vera's voice in, she's dead. Still... there's a way to recover the song from the Sierra Madre archives, right? Just set up links to each floor, then use the lobby terminal? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132AD_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic170 <Lie> If Christine's throat surgery was your plan, too late, she's dead. [SUCCEEDED] Dead? After all I went through... after all that hauling her body through the streets? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132A9_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic170 <Lie> If Christine's throat surgery was your plan, too late, she's dead. [FAILED] Really... "partner." Now, now... you can't pull one over on Dean... but you tried, didn't you? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132AA_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic170 <Lie> If Christine's throat surgery was your plan, too late, she's dead. So you don't want to share... keep her from me, huh? All we have to do is make her sing, and it's all ours. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132AA_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic170 <Lie> If Christine's throat surgery was your plan, too late, she's dead. Although... why lie to me? I'm hurt. I mean, we don't even {emph}need her if you get the terminals live, and the music kicking. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132AA_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic171 Christine is alive. Dog... well... Forget that walking stomach, not interested in being his lunch... just glad the girl's all right. Where is she? Is she here? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132B5_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic171 Christine is alive. Dog... well... Wait... no, if the Sierra Madre assigned people to floors, she's got to have been sent to Vera's room, right? That's irony for you. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132B5_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic171 Christine is alive. Dog... well... Perfect, couldn't have worked out better. So - what, you're heading to the main terminal now that you've got this floor unlocked? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132B5_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic172 Christine is dead. Dog... well... {Frustrated}Dead? For the love of... chopping up her voice box was a gamble anyway. So much for back-up plans. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132AB_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic172 Christine is dead. Dog... well... Still... there's a way to recover the song from the Sierra Madre archives, right? Just set up links to each floor, then use the lobby terminal? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132AB_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic173 Still trying to find out. Not sure. All right... even if they all end up dead, though, you say there's a way to recover the song from the Sierra Madre archives. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132A2_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic173 Still trying to find out. Not sure. Just set up links to each floor, then use the lobby terminal to tie it all together? Easy. Just a little legwork. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132A2_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic175 I found this Holotape in your safe. Yeah? Little bit of two-reel memories... we're here to steal from the Sierra Madre, not from each other. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132B4_1 Player found a blackmail tape Dean used for heist.
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic176 Were you blackmailing Vera Keyes to break into the Sierra Madre? Blackmail is such a strong word. I asked her, she said yes, then... she started to get cold feet. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132A5_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic176 Were you blackmailing Vera Keyes to break into the Sierra Madre? I blame Sinclair... he was such a victim, that maybe she felt it would be too easy... it doesn't matter. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132A5_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic177 What did you want her to do? Sinclair built this whole town to accommodate her. Same with the casino's voice lock. He wanted to make sure she had access to everything. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132B1_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic177 What did you want her to do? And since I already had access to Vera... well, that meant I had access to the vault, too. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132B1_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic178 What were you blackmailing her with? What {emph}wasn't I blackmailing her with. {Flippant}Chem use, indiscretions, more chem use... the usual Hollywood tune. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001329D_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic178 What were you blackmailing her with? Like Sinclair, people are the architects of their own misfortunes. Leave themselves wide open for someone to waltz right in and take what they want. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001329D_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic178 What were you blackmailing her with? As long as they take a single step into the trap. Get a few pictures, get a little dirt, and that person's your piano. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001329D_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic178 What were you blackmailing her with? Vera? Med-X was her thing, even Superstimmed herself for the after-rush. Sick. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001329D_4 Superstimmed is a chem, supposed to heal chronic damage and suppress pain. Causes a damaging numbing affer-effect.
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic180 Really? What makes you think you can slip out? {Smug, dismissive}Way I figure it, you'll try and run for the exit, and only I know where the key is - and where the safest place in the whole theater is: backstage. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132F6_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic180 Really? What makes you think you can slip out? You, you're trapped down there, and you couldn't shut off the speakers, unlock the doors, or cancel security if you tried. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132F6_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic181 I guess I should have figured you'd have an escape plan. Clever. {Smug}I'm not a betting man, I've come too far to leave it to chance. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132F8_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic184 So as long as I make sure I don't run for the exit... {Uneasy}What... what now? Try and come back {emph}here? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132F7_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic184 So as long as I make sure I don't run for the exit... {Uneasy}No, you belong out in the audience... I mean, not like... uh... you could get backstage. That key you snagged, it won't work. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132F7_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic186 Really? You're a terrible liar. See you soon, Dean. {Frustrated}Of all the... where the hell are those stupid Holograms already? {Beat}Even if you get back here, you won't live long, trust me. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000132F9_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic190 If I clear out all the Ghost People in the area, will you change your mind? No, you want to know why? Because there's more beneath the streets, in the buildings, and oh - everywhere else. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001339A_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic190 If I clear out all the Ghost People in the area, will you change your mind? They hear anything out of the ordinary, especially "music" screaming through the speakers when I close the connection? They'll be here, fast. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001339A_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic191 All right. What's it going to take? Take? It's not going to take anything because you couldn't {emph}offer me anything to stay here. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001339D_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic191 All right. What's it going to take? The Ghost People'll come out of the woodwork when the Gala Event starts blaring, and when they see me trapped up here? It's curtains for Dean. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001339D_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic192 What if I can guarantee they won't come into the courtyard below? The Villa has Holograms everywhere. If I switch on some to cover the area... [SUCCEEDED] Well... yeah. If the Hologram systems still work, that'd do the trick. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013398_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic192 What if I can guarantee they won't come into the courtyard below? The Villa has Holograms everywhere. If I switch on some to cover the area... Okay... all right, you call up some of those Old World stiffs, that'd be an audience I wouldn't mind having below. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013398_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic192 What if I can guarantee they won't come into the courtyard below? [FAILED] Yeah, and how can you guarantee that? I'm not waiting here alone, trust me. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013399_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic192 What if I can guarantee they won't come into the courtyard below? I mean, if I had a few of those Holograms... or a few hundred... surrounding me, maybe. I'd settle for two, enough to cover a quick exit. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013399_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic193 I could just throw you off the roof. What about that? You're full of it - you kill me, we both die. You wouldn't dare. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013395_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic193 I could just throw you off the roof. What about that? So you leaving me here? No dice, not going to happen, and nothing you can say will change my mind. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013395_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic194 Let me hunt around, maybe there's something I can do to protect the area. {Frowns}You can look all you want... I still feel safer with a pair of Hologram escorts to make it through the area. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133B2_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic195 I switched on two Holograms to cover the courtyard, those should protect you. {Thinking}You powered the Holograms up? {Beat}Well... yeah, that's pretty good protection. {To himself}Sure worked at the fountain, Vera kept the Ghost People away. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133A4_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic195 I switched on two Holograms to cover the courtyard, those should protect you. {Uneasy}But, uh... how do I know the power won't suddenly go out? And... I don't know, this still sounds risky to me. {Emph}For me. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133A4_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic196 Okay, let me see if I can reactivate the Holograms. If I remember correctly, there should be two Holograms you can switch on in the area... just don't remember how. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001338E_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic196 Okay, let me see if I can reactivate the Holograms. Do that, and I'll consider waiting on the rooftop. Maybe. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001338E_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic197 I don't need to kill you, you know. {Slight surprise, confused}What? What are you talking about? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001338F_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic200 I could break both your legs, leave you here on the roof. {Wary}You wouldn't. You need me to strike up the sparking chords there. Breaking my legs isn't any way to get {emph}me to dance. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133A5_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic202 No, it only means I wouldn't come back for you. Ever. You wouldn't... {frowns}no, yeah, you would. I would. If I thought you screaming wouldn't attract more of the locals. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013391_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic202 No, it only means I wouldn't come back for you. Ever. All right, I'll stay here. For now. But you leave me high and dry, make a run for the Sierra Madre? You'll pay for it, I promise you. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013391_2 Suspicious, warning.
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic206 If you don't do this, I'll go shut off the Holograms now. What? You wouldn't. I mean... no, wait, you would. You don't bluff, ever since you first showed up in the Villa and we chatted. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133AA_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic206 If you don't do this, I'll go shut off the Holograms now. No... you wouldn't. You're not the type. Even when you first showed up in the Villa, you didn't threaten me. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133AB_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic206 If you don't do this, I'll go shut off the Holograms now. You just let me talk, not even letting on that our collars were linked, when all you had to do was tell me that to get me to come along. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133AB_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic206 If you don't do this, I'll go shut off the Holograms now. So... no, I don't think you'll shut them off. You don't threaten people, not your way. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133AB_3
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic207 Dean... a man with cold feet isn't someone I'd share a bed with. Wait, hold on. I didn't say I was scared. {Snorts}Heh, heh. Cold feet? Don't be ridiculous. I've played to worse crowds than this, I can hold the fort here. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133A3_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic208 Look, what do you want to do this? I'm not about to trade your life for mine, got it? Remember the collars. [SUCCEEDED] {DUPE: Reluctant, convincing}Well... yeah. You got a point. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133A8_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic208 Look, what do you want to do this? [FAILED] What do I want? I want a little more insurance than some Old World Villa construction to guard me, all right? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133A9_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic209 Just trust me, all right? Don't trust me? Then trust our collars. I die, you die. Got it? [SUCCEEDED] {DUPE: Reluctant, convincing}Well... yeah. You got a point. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133A1_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic209 Just trust me, all right? [FAILED] Trust you? Right. You're not the one who has to sit up here and wait for the Ghost People to show. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133A2_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic210 I think you can count on the Holograms, okay? Vera's stayed powered up since the bombs fell... those Holograms will, too. [SUCCEEDED] {Reluctant, convincing}Well... yeah. You got a point. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001339B_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic210 I think you can count on the Holograms, okay? [FAILED] {Skeptical}Really? You're not the one standing up here waiting for the Ghost People to show, all right? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001339C_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic211 You must know me enough by now to know I'm not going to put you in danger. Oh, right, after all the "we'll both blow up if you don't do as I say" talk we first had. Not put me in danger? Right. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133A6_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic211 You must know me enough by now to know I'm not going to put you in danger. Yeah... yeah, you're right. You didn't have to switch on those Holograms, and you did. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133A7_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic211 You must know me enough by now to know I'm not going to put you in danger. Even when you first showed up in the Villa, you didn't threaten me, were just willing to cooperate to get through this. Hnh. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133A7_2
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic212 There's a Hologram guarding the courtyard below, you're covered. Unless he's got a friend, no dice. Nobody relies on a single escape route unless they want to get caught. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_000133B0_1
Topic NVDLC01DeanDialogueNVDLC01DeanTopic212 There's a Hologram guarding the courtyard below, you're covered. {DUPE}Unless he's got a friend, no dice. Nobody relies on a single escape route unless they want to get caught. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00013B12_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialoguePoliceBark NVDLC01DeanDialoguePoliceBark {A little quiet}The police station... Ghost People love this place, no idea why. Might be the Holograms nearby. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001133A_1
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueStashBark NVDLC01DeanDialogueStashBark {First Time}Hey, those are my emergency supplies! {Beat, backpedaling, knows how it sounds}Uh... I-I mean... I know we're in a bad spot here... just, uh, leave me something, all right? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012E51_1 Line plays when player finds one of Dean's caches in the Villa he squirreled away for emergencies. It's an emergency.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueStashBark NVDLC01DeanDialogueStashBark {Grumbles, slight frustration}Yeah, go on... help yourself. Why not? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012E52_1 This line plays when the player finds one of Dean's caches in the Villa that he squirreled away for emergencies.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueStashBark NVDLC01DeanDialogueStashBark Leave me {emph}something, will you? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012E53_1 This line plays when the player finds one of Dean's caches in the Villa that he squirreled away for emergencies.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueStashBark NVDLC01DeanDialogueStashBark {Grumbles}Never should have left those stupid handprints. Dead giveaway. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_00012E54_1 Looting one of Dean's stashes. He's referring to the "handprint" symbol he left for himself as clues to where he placed them.
Conversation NVDLC01DeanDialogueVendingBark NVDLC01DeanDialogueVendingBark {Nods}Those machines... Sinclair's little gifts, {to himself}lasted longer than he did. {Normal tone}If you need food, stims... {slightly condescending}put in a chip, hold out your hand. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanDial_0001133F_1 Dean doesn't like these machines. Recognizes their worth, just hates their tie to Sinclair (casino founder), feels it made people beg like dogs.
Topic NVDLC01DeanHolotapeBlackmail NVDLC01DeanHolotapeBlackmail {Dean walking in on Vera as she's getting ready}Pretty as a picture. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanHolo_000132B8_1 <AUDIO: Holotape Filter for whole topic. No ghoul filter for Dean.>A recording of Dean walking into Vera's dressing room, predatory, blackmail.
Topic NVDLC01DeanHolotapeBlackmail NVDLC01DeanHolotapeBlackmail I'm not wearing my dancing shoes, so I walk a little softly now. {Mock menacing}What, you think I was a Chinaman, come to cut your American throat? NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanHolo_000132BA_1 Holotape recording, tense, Dean's here to insure Vera's cooperation in the heist.
Topic NVDLC01DeanHolotapeBlackmail NVDLC01DeanHolotapeBlackmail {Slightly predatory}What... no hug? Come here. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanHolo_000132BC_1 Holotape recording, tense, Dean's here to insure Vera's cooperation in the heist.
Topic NVDLC01DeanHolotapeBlackmail NVDLC01DeanHolotapeBlackmail You sing like a bird, pop the safe, and we're as through as through can be. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanHolo_000132BE_1 Holotape recording, tense, Dean's here to insure Vera's cooperation in the heist.
Topic NVDLC01DeanHolotapeBlackmail NVDLC01DeanHolotapeBlackmail {Vera's starting to get cold feet, Dean doesn't like this}You don't know? I ask one simple favor of you, and you tell me "no?" NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanHolo_000132C0_1 Holotape recording, tense, Dean's here to insure Vera's cooperation in the heist.
Topic NVDLC01DeanHolotapeBlackmail NVDLC01DeanHolotapeBlackmail You're right, you don't think. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanHolo_000132C2_1 Cold, angry. Holotape recording, getting tenser. Dean's about to tell Vera she's going to do the job, no matter what.
Topic NVDLC01DeanHolotapeBlackmail NVDLC01DeanHolotapeBlackmail I don't need you - I'll send you back to the farm, worse off than you were, because you'll have seen the Sierra Madre, and had to let it {emph}all go. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanHolo_000132C3_1 Holotape recording, getting tenser. Dean's about to tell Vera she's going to do the job, no matter what.
Topic NVDLC01DeanHolotapeBlackmail NVDLC01DeanHolotapeBlackmail I could have gotten any leggy dame out of Hollywood to get out here and play Sinclair's heart strings. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanHolo_000132C4_1 Holotape recording, getting tenser. Dean's about to tell Vera she's going to do the job, no matter what. "Holowood" intentional.
Topic NVDLC01DeanHolotapeBlackmail NVDLC01DeanHolotapeBlackmail You just happened to be the one I caught, and it was really your own fault, a little too much into the chems and meds, and... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanHolo_000132C5_1 Holotape recording, getting tenser. Dean's about to tell Vera she's going to do the job, no matter what.
Topic NVDLC01DeanHolotapeBlackmail NVDLC01DeanHolotapeBlackmail {Placating, but still leaving the hooks in}Aw, shhh, don't cry. Look, I'm not trying to hurt {emph}you. Just one last little job, a little less dirty, a little less messy. He trusts you, Vera. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanHolo_000132C6_1 Holotape recording, now Dean's softening her up, realizes he doesn't need her as an emotional wreck... now.
Topic NVDLC01DeanHolotapeBlackmail NVDLC01DeanHolotapeBlackmail {Placating, but cold}And so do I. After this, I promise you, all those other Holotapes, they'll go away. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanHolo_000132C7_1 Holotape recording, final doomed note here. Dean's lying, he'll never stop using her or the blackmail.
Topic NVDLC01DeanVaultHelpTopic01 NVDLC01DeanVaultHelpTopic01 {Uncertain of controls}Is... is this thing on? You hear me down there? {Beat, studying dials}Trying to help you out here... disable the speakers, play a little music... NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanVaul_00012BF1_1 {<AUDIO: Dean speaks through player's radio-collar.>}<Dean tells the player that he's trying to disable the Vault's security speakers.>
Topic NVDLC01DeanVaultHelpTopic01 NVDLC01DeanVaultHelpTopic01 {snaps fingers as music kicks in, ohhh yeah}...and that's more like it, got a beat you can swing to. {Beat}And they won't set off your collar any more - {lower, tougher}just hit that guy where it hurts. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanVaul_00012BF1_2 {<AUDIO: Radio collar. Dean succeeds in disabling the Vault's security speakers.>}
Topic NVDLC01DeanVaultHelpTopic02 NVDLC01DeanVaultHelpTopic02 {snaps fingers as music kicks in, ohhh yeah}...and that's more like it, got a beat you can swing to. {Beat}And they won't set off your collar any more - {lower, tougher}just hit that guy where it hurts. NVDLC01Dea_NVDLC01DeanVaul_000132DF_1 {<AUDIO: Radio collar. Dean succeeds in disabling the Vault's security speakers.>}
Topic NVDLC01ETDeanBellTowerBark NVDLC01ETDeanBellTowerBark I'm not one for church, but there's a bell tower to the north that has a nice view of the Sierra Madre. {To himself, remembering the Cloud}Well, did, anyway. NVDLC01Fol_NVDLC01ETDeanBe_00011BB6_1 <Dean tells the player that he's seen a bell tower to the north that should have an excellent view of the casino>
Topic NVDLC01ETDeanGasBark NVDLC01ETDeanGasBark {Sniffing air}You smell gas? I smell gas. {Beat}Might be a valve nearby, we can use it to torch any locals that come near us. NVDLC01Fol_NVDLC01ETDeanGa_00011BB7_1 <Dean smells gas, wonders if there is a useful gas valve nearby>
Topic NVDLC01ETDeanHouseBark NVDLC01ETDeanHouseBark Surprised these homes weren't robbed blind, folks leaving the key out like that. {Beat, grumbles}If only the Sierra Madre'd done the same. NVDLC01Fol_NVDLC01ETDeanHo_00011BBA_1 <Snarky comment about the house key being left outside of the locked door>
Topic NVDLC01ETDeanSierraMadre NVDLC01ETDeanSierraMadre {Whistles softly, appreciating}Now, {emph}there's a view. {To casino}Hello, beautiful. NVDLC01Fol_NVDLC01ETDeanSi_00011BBB_1 <Stepping out onto the roof with the view of the Sierra Madre, Dean makes a comment about the view>
Topic NVDLC01GalaEventActivate NVDLC01GalaEventActivate {Not happy, but sees an opportunity}What are you waiting for? Rubbing it in? {Slight disgust/eager}Strike up the band already. NVDLC01Gal_NVDLC01GalaEven_00011F62_1 AUDIO: From a speaker.
Topic NVDLC01GalaEventActivate NVDLC01GalaEventActivate {Warning}Careful when you do... you think the Villa's bad now, you haven't seen anything yet. NVDLC01Gal_NVDLC01GalaEven_00011F62_2 AUDIO: Coming from a speaker.
Topic NVDLC01GalaEventActivate NVDLC01GalaEventActivate {Sees an opportunity, quiet, whispering}Come on, partner. So close now, stage is set, strike up the band. NVDLC01Gal_NVDLC01GalaEven_00011F63_1 AUDIO: From a speaker.
Topic NVDLC01GalaEventActivate NVDLC01GalaEventActivate {Slightly worried}Just get ready to run when you do... I sure will. {To himself}Think the Villa's bad now... you haven't seen half the hell this town can raise. NVDLC01Gal_NVDLC01GalaEven_00011F63_2
Topic NVDLC01WTDeanGalaBark NVDLC01WTDeanGalaBark If your marker's right, think the roost we're looking for is to the southeast. NVDLC01Fol_NVDLC01WTDeanGa_00011CA4_1 <Tells the player that the roof with the marker is to the south east>
Topic NVDLC01WTDeanSneakBark NVDLC01WTDeanSneakBark {Quiet}I am all about keeping low in this section of town... so let's see about creeping by the locals, all right? NVDLC01Fol_NVDLC01WTDeanSn_00011CA5_1 <Dean suggests finding a way to sneak around the ghost people rather than fight them>
Topic NVDLC01WTDeanTreeBark NVDLC01WTDeanTreeBark {To himself, sarcastic}Ah, aren't the trees lovely this time of year, all blooming and green... NVDLC01Fol_NVDLC01WTDeanTr_00011CA3_1 <Sarcastic comment on how lovely the dead trees are this time of year>
Topic NVDLC01WTDeanUmbrellasBark NVDLC01WTDeanUmbrellasBark {Walked into a nice patio, appreciative}Nice spot for sunning. {Beat, to himself}Well, if the sun ever touched here. NVDLC01Fol_NVDLC01WTDeanUm_00011CA2_1 <Comment about the small courtyard set up with the lawn chairs and the umbrellas>
Combat KnockedBack KnockedBack Nnnf! NVDLC01Fol_KnockedBack_00005369_1
Combat HealthHalf HealthHalf Uh... could use a little boost here. NVDLC01Fol_HealthHalf_00005339_1
Combat HealthHalf HealthHalf Great, spilling my guts out to everybody. NVDLC01Fol_HealthHalf_00010ED7_1 Bleeding, at half-health, being sarcastic - not too worried yet, but irritated.
Topic FollowersAcknowledgeMyOrder FollowersAcknowledgeMyOrder I hear you. NVDLC01Fol_FollowersAcknow_00005355_1
Topic FollowersTacticsCombatAggressive I want you to attack enemies the moment you see them. {Scoffs}Yeah, right. {Beat}Oh, you're serious. You bet. NVDLC01Fol_FollowersTactic_00005321_1
Topic FollowersFiredNo On second thought, stick with me for a little longer. {Relieved}That's a relief. {Beat, changes tone to false confidence}I-I mean, not like I care. I'm fine on my own. NVDLC01Fol_FollowersFiredN_00005349_1
Topic FollowersHired I think we should travel together. Lose the second-stringer, and I'll make the time. NVDLC01Fol_FollowersHired_0000353A_1
Topic FollowersHired I think we should travel together. Strike up the band, Domino's back in town. NVDLC01Fol_FollowersHired_00005389_1
Topic FollowersTactics Let's talk about your tactics. {Curious, suspicious}Tactics? What, we going to get into a shootout soon, or...? NVDLC01Fol_FollowersTactic_00005335_1
Topic FollowersTacticsCombat I want you to change your combat style. Style's not something you just change, friend. NVDLC01Fol_FollowersTactic_00005420_1
Topic FollowersTacticsCombatEND Let's talk about something else. {Slight irriation}Sure, let's jaw all day and all night, why not? NVDLC01Fol_FollowersTactic_00005359_1
Topic FollowersTacticsCombatGOODBYE That's all. Let's get going. If that's all, let's shake a leg. NVDLC01Fol_FollowersTactic_0000539A_1
Topic FollowersTacticsCombatMelee Switch to a melee weapon. Boxing's not really my thing. I prefer the gentle touch... but all right, it's your show. NVDLC01Fol_FollowersTactic_000053C4_1
Topic FollowersTacticsCombatRanged I want you to use ranged weapons. {Nods, totally lying}I'll be sure to cover you, don't you worry. NVDLC01Fol_FollowersTactic_00005331_1
Topic FollowersTacticsDistance Let's talk about how close you're following me. You're the one who dragged me out of my apartment, so yeah, I'm keeping close. So what? NVDLC01Fol_FollowersTactic_00005414_1
Topic FollowersTacticsDistanceDefault Stay close to me. {Nods}Like dancing with your shadow. NVDLC01Fol_FollowersTactic_00005351_1
Topic FollowersTacticsDistanceEND Your distance is good. Let's talk about something else. All right. NVDLC01Fol_FollowersTactic_000053F0_1
Topic FollowersTacticsDistanceGOODBYE All right, you're good. Let's get out of here. Enough gum-flapping, Madre's not getting any younger. NVDLC01Fol_FollowersTactic_0000538E_1
Topic FollowersTacticsDistanceLong Keep your distance. Try to flank them. {Rolls eyes}Oh, you bet. I'll flank them... might take me a while, though, so you just hold tight. NVDLC01Fol_FollowersTactic_00005375_1
Topic FollowersTacticsEnd Enough about tactics. Fine. "Tactics" means "stay out of sight" around here anyway. NVDLC01Fol_FollowersTactic_00005424_1
Detection LostToCombat LostToCombat {Shakes head}Back like a bad habit. NVDLC01Fol_LostToCombat_000053F4_1
Detection LostToCombat LostToCombat Thought they'd bailed. NVDLC01Fol_LostToCombat_000053F5_1
Detection CombatToLost CombatToLost Lost, but not forgotten. NVDLC01Fol_CombatToLost_00005418_1
Detection CombatToLost CombatToLost Now where did you go? NVDLC01Fol_CombatToLost_00005419_1
Combat FireExplosive FireExplosive {Mixing an explosive, slightly eager}Let me whip up a special cocktail... NVDLC01Fol_FireExplosive_0000531D_1
Topic PLAYERINIRONSITES PLAYER IN IRON SITES Don't be ridiculous - point that somewhere else, will you? NVDLC01Fol_PLAYERINIRONSIT_000053C8_1
Topic PLAYERLAYMINE PLAYER LAY MINE {Slightly wistful, quiet}A little party favor before the grand finale. NVDLC01Fol_PLAYERLAYMINE_000053E0_1
Topic PLAYERTHROWGRENADE PLAYER THROW GRENADE Watch where you're chucking those things! NVDLC01Fol_PLAYERTHROWGREN_000053B4_1
Topic GREETING GREETING {Cold, menacing}So you showed. Felt the collar start kicking again as soon as the elevator doors rattled open. NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_0001062C_1 <THEATER: Dean greets Player at the Theater (Hates Player opener). Dean is about to spring a trap once the convo is done: Holograms around Player>
Topic GREETING GREETING Think you're going to up-stage me, here at the Sierra Madre? I don't think so. Now that I'm inside... well, I don't need you anymore. NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_0001062C_2
Topic GREETING GREETING {Calls out, a little nervous, but relieved}Finally, a friendly face... hey! Partner! Up here. NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_0001062D_1 <THEATER: Dean greets Player at the Theater (Likes Player opener). Dean is hiding in the backstage, and will need the Player's help to get out.>
Topic GREETING GREETING {Uncomfortable, like someone standing in a mine field}In a bit of a predicament here... had to duck backstage, take a powder, the audience is a little... {frowns}murderous tonight. NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_0001062D_2 Dean is hemmed in by lethal security holograms.
Topic GREETING GREETING {Cold, menacing}All right, you're resourceful, I'll give you that - it's going to take a lot more than juggling keys and shooting speakers to stop me. NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_0001062E_1 <THEATER: Dean greets Player (Hate opener) after the Holograms are gone, and the backstage is accessible. Dean will fight player, unless persuaded>
Topic GREETING GREETING As I see it? All I need to do is kill you, then make a run for the exit. You do the same, you'll be clawing at the lock until your head blows off. NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_0001062E_3
Topic GREETING GREETING So maybe you and I should have a little chat - just like we did when you first waltzed into town. NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_0001062E_4
Topic GREETING GREETING {Relieved}Those electric ghosts aren't the kind of audience I like at the best of times - {to himself}at least the ones in the Villa had manners. NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_0001062F_1 <THEATER: Dean greets Player (Like opener) after Holograms are gone. Dean will give his safe key, and entertainer pass, to Player.>
Topic GREETING GREETING {Frowns, looking around}Don't even know how I ended up here... guess the casino still recognizes guests even after all this time, huh? {Snorts}How's that for history. NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_0001062F_2
Topic GREETING GREETING {Under his breath, relieved, after battle in the theater}Not going to be performing {emph}here again, that's for sure. This place is a dump! Lousy acoustics. NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_00010630_1 <THEATER: Dean Greet/Bye Bark, if he was dealt with peacefully.>
Topic GREETING GREETING {Player tries to talk in the middle of combat}Not now, we got bigger problems. NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_0000EDA2_1
Topic GREETING GREETING {Just heard Elijah booming over the radio}Was that him floating above the Fountain, the boss man? The one who put these bowties on our necks? NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_00012BA0_1
Topic GREETING GREETING {Uneasy}Sure does like to make a presentation... wish he'd keep it down, or else the Ghost People are going to swarm the gates, Vera Hologram or no. NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_00012BA0_2
Topic GREETING GREETING {Player hasn't talked to Dean for the first time and isn't in his seat}Have a seat, and then we'll talk. NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_0000F21F_1
Topic GREETING GREETING The Sierra Madre. {Smiles, slightly amused}Mmm... beauty, isn't she. She the one who invited you here? NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_000012D5_1
Topic GREETING GREETING Or maybe you didn't catch her voice on the radio. {"You"}Woke up, confused, like some of the others. {Pauses, shrugs}Least {emph}you're still breathing. NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_000012D5_2
Topic GREETING GREETING {Confidentially}By the way, don't get up or make any sudden motions, no matter how uncomfortable that chair gets... the cushion's just for show. NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_000012D5_3
Topic GREETING GREETING {Doesn't like player}I'll hold up my end, don't you worry. {To himself}We get to the Sierra Madre, it'll be a different tune, trust me. NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_000133AC_1
Topic GREETING GREETING {Irritated, basically asked to be a roadie}"Hold the wires, Dean." {Beat}Talk about being a second stringer. NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_000012D6_1
Topic GREETING GREETING {At Gala position - Studying a barren rooftop with sparking wires}So {emph}this is where I'm supposed to put on the show? {Beat, mumbling}Played better venues, let me tell you. NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_000133AD_1
Topic GREETING GREETING {Studying wiring along the roof}What's that there... wiring? Looks... {frowns}looks like it's tied to the sound system in the Villa, {looks down}except for that snipped section there. NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_000133AD_2
Topic GREETING GREETING {Frowns}So... what, I stand here, hold the two ends in my hands, and tap them together like cymbals? NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_000133AD_3
Topic GREETING GREETING {Dean likes the player}Didn't think much of our chances, now I'm thinking I was wrong. What's the next step? NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_000012D8_1
Topic GREETING GREETING {Dean hates the player}Well, now, if it isn't my ball, chain, and dog collar rolled all into one. NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_000012D9_1
Topic GREETING GREETING {Dean's neutral to the player}You have that sad, questioning look in your eye. Not sure talking to me's going to make it any better. NVDLC01Dea_GREETING_000012D7_1


References

References