Death ray control
Fallout 3 locations project
Death ray control
The death ray control is a location on board Mothership Zeta.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Death ray control is one large room which serves as the death ray control center. There are four power generators in the corners of the room. The player has to destroy them as a part of quest This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough.... The death ray itself is visible beneath the glass floor. The room has two teleporters leading to the living quarters and the death ray hub area.
The death ray can be fired from this room by using the buttons on the two consoles. The two buttons on the right aim the death ray to one of two pre-targeted locations. The buttons on the left (as the holographic "signs" appearing above them signify) bring one of the four generators out of the floor (button to the extreme left) and fire the death ray (second button from the left).
The generators rise out of the floor in sequence around the room starting at the left of the consoles. It apparently only takes one generator to power the death ray, as the other three do not rise when the death ray is fired (and the death ray will fire with only one generator left).
The death ray can be re-aimed at an unspecified target in Canada and fired multiple times, producing a spectacular mushroom cloud. When fired the death ray initially strikes the Northeastern Great Lakes region, though as the resulting dust cloud expands, it eventually covers the general region of southeastern Ontario, western New York, and most of Michigan. The major cities of Buffalo and Toronto as well the natural landmark of Niagara Falls would be the closest to the devastation - assuming they still exist. Firing the death ray at Earth has no effect on Karma, despite killing hundred or even thousands of people.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This is one of many areas of the ship that will not be accessible after the player has completed the main (This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough...) quest.
- After destroying the second generator in this room, approximately five aliens wielding atomizers and disintegrators will teleport in using the open teleport pad, it is suggested that if the player had taken any of the plasma/frag mines from the weapons lab to use them to repel the assault.
- If you fire the death ray while the reactor cores are up and in the process of overheating they will instead descend back into the floor. Also, when you raise the generator again, it will start overheating straight away.
- When all four generators have been destroyed, the force-field door to the living quarters is opened.
- The player can fire it multiple times and the crater doesn't get deeper but dust still flies around the general area. The heat from the explosion could create a new layer of rock after the impact, that is disintegrated by the next explosion.