We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Deathclaw hand (Fallout 3)
It has been suggested that this article or section should be split in multiple parts. Please help The Vault by discussing this issue on the article's talk page.
This item is relatively valuable in comparison to its weight.
In Fallout 3, it is the principal component of the deathclaw gauntlet. Deathclaw hands can also be used as Rock-It Launcher ammunition, albeit with no special benefits. When a deathclaw hand is harvested it is always the left hand, and yet the gauntlet is worn on the right arm.
In Fallout: New Vegas, since the deathclaw gauntlet cannot be constructed, it serves only as a miscellaneous item and has no others uses.
- Deathclaw hands are almost exclusively obtained from defeated deathclaws. A good place to start finding them is at the Deathclaw Sanctuary or Old Olney.
- A single hand can be found in the Trapper's Shack in Point Lookout, in the basement, on an open freezer.
- Another hand can be found on the Mobile Base Crawler, in a bathroom stall, that is much smaller than a normal deathclaw hand.
Fallout: New Vegas
Deathclaws spawn only in specific locations in Fallout: New Vegas (the following list is not a complete one)
- "Deathclaw promontory", an unmarked area due east of the Cliffside Prospector Camp
- Quarry Junction, northwest of Sloan
- Dead Wind Cavern (Only location with the legendary deathclaw)
- Gypsum Train Yard
- Primm Pass
- Taking a deathclaw hand from a deathclaw corpse does not cause the corpse to visibly lose either of its hands.
- In Fallout: New Vegas, it is sometimes possible to take three hands from a single dead deathclaw.