Detonator (Fallout: New Vegas)
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
It is used to detonate C-4 after it is planted. The tool itself has no specific power to attack opponents, only along with some C-4 is it useful. Condition of the device does not affect its ability to detonate the C-4.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Loyal's detonator is given to you by Loyal to activate a buoyancy device.
- Mining detonator, used to collapse the cave in River Monsters.
- Broken detonator, can be found in the Little Yangtze Watchtower. It is considered a miscellaneous item.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- One can be found in the Vault 34 Armory along with 3 C-4 plastic explosives.
- One can be found in a footlocker located at the road block on the road east of Novac where Ranger Milo is stationed along with two C-4 plastic explosive.
- One can be found in the Lucky 38 casino on the cocktail lounge floor in a hard locked briefcase.
- One can be found in Dead Money along with 3 C-4 plastic explosives. Enter the Police Station via the west doorway. Turn north at Dog's cell to enter a short hallway & face west. Enter the first door on your right. In this room in an Average locked locker leaning in the north west corner of the room.
- The Boomer Munitions Manager may offer them for sale along with C-4 plastic explosive.
- The 188's arms merchant, Cliff Briscoe, Chet, Lacey, Miguel, Johnson Nash, and traveling merchants may carry them once the player reaches level 8.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The detonator can be used at the Second Battle of Hoover Dam inside the checkpoint building to blow up some generators and kill the Legion forces on the other side of it.
- C-4 cannot be detonated remotely if you do not have a detonator. However, one can shoot it when it's placed on the ground to detonate it.