We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
|For an overview of power fist models throughout the Fallout series, see power fist.|
The displacer glove creates a shock wave upon impact similar to the one made by the Gauss rifle, both dealing a large amount of damage and pushing a target back. It does this apparently via a sonic boom, shown by the speaker on the knuckle. It is a top-tier Unarmed weapon, and thus very damaging.
|Name||Dmg/att||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||AP cost||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|Displacer glove||50||68||1.4||x1||50||28||6||100||3500||Unarmed:100 Strength:4|
- Caesar's Legion Safehouse - Can be found inside if patch 220.127.116.11x is installed on your console.
- The Fort - Used by Caesar inside his tent.
- Hidden Valley bunker - Can be purchased from Knight Torres, and is also carried by many of the scribes.
- Hoover Dam - Can be purchased from Bardon in the office levels.
- Mick & Ralph's - Can be purchased from Mick.
- Great Khan armory - Can be purchased from Great Khan armorer.
- Crimson Caravan Company - Occasionally sold by Blake.
Behind the scenes
Despite knocking the target back upon a successful hit and visible small energy cells inset, the weapon does not drain any from the player's inventory. This is the result of an engine limitation: melee and unarmed weapons cannot be assigned an ammo type, nor set to drain them. Obsidian encountered problems attempting to implement this feature and ultimately the weapons have an invisible, infinite ammo supply.
- J.E. Sawyer: "Did you ever intend for the Ballistic Fist in Fallout: New Vegas to use shotgun shells as ammo?
I intended for several of the Unarmed weapons to use ammo, but we encountered some problems with implementing it. I would have liked to continue with it because I think ammo use/reloading could have helped distinguish those weapons in more interesting ways."
- JE Sawyer on Formspring