Dixon (Fallout: New Vegas)
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Looking for a fix, man? I got what you need.”— Dixon, Fallout: New Vegas
Background[edit | edit source]
Dixon is a local drug dealer in Freeside with perpetually glassy and bloodshot eyes. As a local, he considers NCR squatters scum and treats them as less then people. That is not to say that there is much of a difference to how he treats the rest of Freeside; as a sociopathic drug dealer, he thoroughly enjoys watching his customers succumb to the crippling effects of addiction. His "special" Jet and whiskey are popular choices for addicts due to its inexpensive nature, but they are so addictive that the effects of withdrawal would kill anyone that would try and get clean without the use of fixer.
Although Dixon is a Freeside local and hates NCR squatters, he is not above selling to all the denizens of Freeside, including the locals. Given the current relations between the squatters and locals, this is enough for them to believe that he may be working for NCR to keep Freeside down.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: chems and alcohol|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- High Times: Dixon needs to be persuaded or killed in order to stop supplying chems and alcohol to Jacob Hoff and Bill Ronte.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Merc cruiser outfit|
Roving trader hat
|16 .22LR round|
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Dixon is one of the few named non-player characters in the game to be affected by the Sneering Imperialist perk.
- Though he carries a varmint rifle, he carries .22LR rounds instead of 5.56mm rounds. This is because in early development, the varmint rifle was designed to fire .22LR instead of 5.56mm. He will use his knife instead because of this slip up.
- Killing him will not make you lose or gain Karma and Freeside infamy.
- Dixon can be killed during the quest High Times at no loss of karma or gain in Freeside infamy should the player fail the speech challenge.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Looking for a fix, man? I got what you need."
- "Friggin' troll NCR squatters. A bunch of mouth-breathing wastes of space, if you ask me."
- "Those fools are from NCR. I love seeing those squatters in agony. We were doing just fine before those shits came here and made a mess of things. We don't need NCR eggheads wandering around confusing things."
- "Wow, you really suck at this don't you? Go bully some molerats, jackass." (failing the Speech check to convince him to stop selling chems to Hoff and Ronte)
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- At one point during development Dixon was slated to have two Thugs in his employ, possibly serving as bodyguards or enforcers, armed with varmint rifles (both Thugs also carry the incorrect ammunition for the weapon, like Dixon). Though not present in the game, both Thugs are still present in game code and can be brought into the game using console commands. Their formIDs are 00122b4b and 00122b4c
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Occasionally, buying all of Dixon's chems will cause his inventory to not reset. Waiting multiple in-game days will not reset it.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Dixon appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Dixon: "Friggin' troll NCR squatters. A bunch of mouth-breathing wastes of space, if you ask me."
- The Courier: "Do you know anything about Bill or Jacob?"
Dixon: "Yeah, man. Those cats are out of their domes addicted to my shit. They can't get enough. Pretty hilarious to watch."
The Courier: "Are you trying to kill your customers?"
Dixon: "Those fools are from NCR. I love seeing those squatters in agony. We were doing just fine before those shits came here and made a mess of things. We don't need NCR eggheads wandering around confusing things."
- The Courier: "I need you to stop supplying Bill and Jacob."
Dixon: "Really? Aw, you're such a saint. You know what? I might be willing to stop if there is something in it for me."
The Courier: "Maybe some caps could persuade you to leave them alone?"
Dixon: "300 caps and I'll stop selling to them. Otherwise, it is just too much fun watching them spiral downward."
- The Courier: "All right. Take the caps and leave them alone."
Dixon: "Hey, nice doing business with you, Mr./Mrs. Moneybags. Good luck getting them healthy. If they don't get a whole lot of fixer soon, withdrawal will kill them."
- The Courier: "So the NCR is supplying you with cheap chems? To keep Freeside down?"
Dixon: "[SUCCEEDED] Wait, man! You can't go around saying shit like that! Okay, I get your point. You won't have to worry about me supplying those two any more."