The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Everything you see is funded by the Followers of the Apocalypse. We rely a lot on charity to provide low-cost medical services to the less fortunate.”
Background[edit | edit source]
Doctor Usanagi is a graduate of the Followers of the Apocalypse run Angel's Boneyard Medical University in the NCR. She joined the group as she believed in their values and ideas and is currently working in the non-profit New Vegas clinic, trying to improve the lot of civilians and soldiers alike. She is a versatile and selfless doctor, trained in multiple disciplines, including surgery and psychiatry. Her clinic is entirely non-profit, funded by charity donations. Despite the humble abode, the clinic offers a reasonable array of medical supplies and an unmatched array of Implants.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 1200|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger: Usanagi is a skilled surgeon offering a number of implants.
- I Don't Hurt Anymore: Usanagi will provide treatment for Betsy's PTSD.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- The player can donate 500 caps to the Followers' cause, gaining fame with them.
- If the player has Intelligence of 3 or below, Usanagi will give them a price cut for the Intelligence Implant.
Effects of player actions[edit | edit source]
- A high reputation with the Followers nets a discount and Usanagi will buy items at their base price.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Followers doctor coat|
Drops on death
|No additional items|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Caps paid for implants will not go into Doctor Usanagi's inventory for bartering purposes.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Although Usanagi will ask for donations to the Followers of Apocalypse, a buggy script checks her inventory instead of the player's for the required caps, thus preventing donations from being made.
- On PC, this can be fixed with a mod..
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Usanagi appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- The Courier: "Are you one of the Followers of the Apocalypse?"
Usanagi: "Yes, I am. I received my medical training at the Angel's Boneyard Medical University back in the NCR. It's not a requirement to be a Follower to enter the university, but I believe in what they do, so I joined them."
- The Courier: "Corporal Betsy from First Recon will be coming to you for mental treatment."
Usanagi: "Mental trauma can be just as debilitating as physical injuries. Fortunately, I'm well-qualified in such treatment. I'll make time in my schedule. I'm assuming you're referring to mental trauma. I'll make time in my schedule."
- The Courier: "Tell me about the clinic."
Usanagi: "Everything you see is funded by the Followers of the Apocalypse. We rely a lot on charity to provide low-cost medical services to the less fortunate."
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p.306-307: "[2.10] New Vegas Medical Clinic
Doctor Usanagi's Waiting Room
Run by the selfless Doctor Usanagi, the clinic offers a reasonable array of medical supplies and an unmatched array of Implants. Pass the bodyguards to speak to Doctor Usanagi herself. You can speak about her role or (if you're engaged in a Quest) another matter, but you can make a 500 Cap donation to the Followers (for a Fame gain), and also purchase medical supplies and the Skill Magazines on the tables around the waiting room. You can also steal these, which causes Follower Infamy and everyone becomes hostile. Also, if you're ready for computerized enhancements of a more robotics kind, why not begin Free Quest: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger?"
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)