The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Background[edit | edit source]
Don appears to be a very closed and reserved man at the Crimson Caravan main office, and is very protective of his family (Mrs. Hostetler and Alice Hostetler) to the point that he presumably bought his wife a lever-action shotgun and a 9mm submachine gun while only taking a 9mm pistol for himself. He is the pusher for Outer Vegas for the Great Khans. He is also having an affair with his secretary, Angie Beckers. This can be read in a Average Locked terminal in the Crimson Caravan main office.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
Effects of the player's actions[edit | edit source]
If the player kills his wife or daughter, he will not talk to the player and say "I should kill you right here, for what you've done" when interacted with. This makes it impossible to complete Aba Daba Honeymoon. But a way to fix this is, go to him when he is sleeping and if you punch him he will wake up and say "Hey what was that for?" then a chat option should appear.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- He is very shy and never talks to you, and tells you to go away and speak to Alice McLafferty.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Grimy pre-War businesswear|
|M&A 9mm pistol|
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- At night, you won't find Don at the Crimson Caravan camp. He can be found at his home down the road from the camp.
- On rare occasions, Don may be killed during his commute between work and home, as his neighborhood is considered part of the Wasteland, and Fiends may randomly spawn in the area around it. This only occurs if the player is in the same active map cell as Don while he is traveling between locations.
- An Average-locked terminal in the Main Offices suggests that Don Hostetler is having an affair with his secretary. In intranet messages she describes having a "wonderful time last night," and she is apparently scouring the markets for pre-War lingerie.
- Sometimes Don does not go to sleep, therefore making it hard for the player to punch him in his sleep.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "I already told you, I'm Don Hostetler."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Don Hostetler appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Mrs. Hostetler: "Yes, he's an account manager for the Crimson Caravan Company. He works such long ours to provide for our daughter and me."
(Mrs. Hostetler's dialogue)
- The Courier: "Sure, what have you got?"
Diane: "With Anders out of commission for so long, we're shorthanded on runners, and some backlogs have piled up. We've got an associate in the Crimson Caravan Trading Company who distributes for us in Outer Vegas. He's been after us for a new shipment."
The Courier: "Sure, I'll do it."
Diane: "Great. Here's the package - your contact is Don Hostetler at the Crimson Caravan. Come back and see me when you're done."