Hey there. Donovan at your service. You break it, I fix it.”— Donovan, Fallout 3.
Donovan is the Reilly's Rangers engineer first seen on the rooftop of the Statesman Hotel in Fallout 3..
Background[edit | edit source]
Born in 2242, Donovan came to work for Reilly basing on a recommendation from her contact in the Brotherhood of Steel. He is a greatly talented gunsmith and armorsmith, which allows the Rangers to maintain their weapons and armor, but his relative lack of knowledge in the fields of electrical engineering, hydraulics etc. limits his usefulness in circumventing obstacles in the ruins of DC. He is considered loyal, but not on the level of Brick or Butcher yet.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character is a temporary party member.|
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: 47|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Reilly's Rangers (quest): Donovan holds Donovan's wrench, a quest item used for repairing the elevator in the Statesman Hotel. If Donovan doesn't die during the quest he will return to the Ranger compound where he can repair your gear for less than the cost other merchants would charge.
Effects of player action[edit | edit source]
- After completing "Reilly's Rangers" the Lone Wanderer may encounter Donovan while traveling through the Capital Wasteland. Soon after he appears he should engage in a firefight against 3 super mutants (these can be brutes, masters or overlords dependent on level). When you talk to him, he will either thank you for your assistance (if you helped him kill the super mutants), lightly chastise you for just watching the fight (if you don't assist him or talk to him before the super mutants appear) or get killed by the super mutants. Regardless, he will give you a mini nuke and say that Reilly sent him (if he isn't killed; if he's killed, the mini nuke can be found on his corpse). After speaking with the Lone Wanderer, Donovan will make his way back to the Ranger compound.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Ranger battle armor|
Ranger battle helmet
|Chinese assault rifle|
Drops on death
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Exploit: get two mini nukes from Donovan. First, talk to him before killing the super mutants and he will give you a mini nuke. Then, kill the super mutants and talk to him again and he will give you another mini nuke.
- If Donovan dies in the random encounter, the rest of the Rangers may become hostile towards you.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Donovan appears only in Fallout 3.
- Reilly's Terminal: "Donovan"
- Reilly's Terminal: "Personal Entry 176"
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.70: "Donovan
Currently trapped with Brick and Butcher, Donovan is 27, and the teams mechanical specialist. He's an expert at hacking, repairs, and electronics. He is a smaller man, but his build is deceptive, and he can fight as well as the rest of the team."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)