Fallout 3 locations project
Dupont Circle with Washington Monument in the background
Dupont Circle is a traffic circle, park, neighborhood, and historic district in northwest Washington, D.C.
To get to Dupont Circle you either have to sneak out the backdoor of the Galaxy News Radio building and go through collapsed car tunnel, or go through one of the many Metro tunnels. Dupont Circle has a flower-like shaped form with in the middle a non-working fountain, a grass area and a small road circled around it. The grass area is filled with frag mines. To the north, east and west various roads which don't run far due to collapse of buildings. It has some entrances to metro stations, sewers and a store entrance. To the south is another road, with a bridge overpass and another metro and car tunnel entrance.
- Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor behind a desk, on top of a safe, in Lady Frumperton's Fashions, located between DuPont Station and DuPont East.
- Stealth Boy located in the middle of the three abandoned houses guarded by raiders. It is located on the floor next to the shelf case.
- Pre-War book on the shelf next to the Stealth Boy.
- While it is possible, with some careful jumping, to reach the door leading to Galaxy News Radio, the door cannot be opened from this side.
Dupont Circle appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes
Dupont Circle is a real-life location in Washington D.C.
- While the fountain in the middle of Dupont Circle is filled with water, you cannot drink from it, nor be irradiated by it. However, if you jump from the sandbags into the water, you will splash into it and take continual radiation damage just as if you were in any body of irradiated water. Leaving the pool and coming back to it will again yield no effect.