As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
Dynamite (Fallout: New Vegas)
|For an overview of dynamite throughout the Fallout series, see Dynamite.|
Strictly speaking, dynamite is nitroglycerin-soaked charcoal, pressed into sticks. A dynamite package is a collection of a few sticks, taped together, and wired in parallel to a simple timer. This timer can be set for as little as ten seconds of delay, or up to a few minutes. Dynamite is especially helpful for clearing cave-ins, and can blow most doors apart.
A single stick of TNT, this ancient mining and demolition tool is an effective starter weapon for Explosives-based characters. It comes with a three second fuse and is tossed in an arc when lit. With only 1 Strength required, it can be easily used by any character as a backup throwing weapon to use for reaching enemies around corners. It has a good blast radius, at 11.7 yards (10.70 meters).
Interestingly, it is marked as inert and bears a pair of Stars and Stripes printed on the waxed paper, each bearing 50 stars. Whether it's a misprint or an indication of the age of the sticks remains to be seen.
- Long-fuse dynamite: a standard stick of dynamite with a doubly long fuse.
- Ghost Town Gunfight: Easy Pete will give the player several sticks if they pass an Explosives 25 skill check.
- Eddie will give the player several sticks every three days if they have a positive reputation.
- Arizona Scavenger: Received from Decanus Severus for every 3 tags the player brings in and Aurelius of Phoenix clears it.
- Non-player characters
- Prior to patch 220.127.116.112, dynamite had a smaller blast radius.
- Dynamite is very inconsistent in its explosions: if dynamite is detonated by shooting while it is still in an NPC's hand, it will use the MediumExplosion type, with a blast radius of about 3.2 yards (3 meters). If the dynamite is shot while it is flying through the air, it will use the GrenadeFragExplosion, with a blast radius of 14 yards and 125 damage.
- A "broken" dynamite stick can be picked up sometimes. Dropping it in a container and picking it back up will fix the glitch.
- 750 unit radius, 128 units = 2 yards