Eastern Regional Penitentiary
Eastern Regional Penitentiary
Eastern Regional Penitentiary is a location in Fallout 76.
Background[edit | edit source]
An infamous prison even before the Resource Wars kicked jingoism across the United States into high gear, the ERP housed criminals from all over Appalachia. Budget and staff cuts prevented substantial renovations to the buildings, with some corrections officers raising the possibility of the prisoners one day simply pulling the bars off from the walls. The solution to the problem was to eliminate the need for walls at all: All prisoners were fitted with explosive collars no matter the severity of their crime, from unpaid parking tickets to the most hardened, serial criminals permanently sealed in solitary confinement, like Mad Dog Malone. Warden Brennan was an enthusiastic advocate of these new measures and pushed for a full automation of the prison under the new Appalachian zeitgeist. He was successful, and for his loyal service, he was designated the sole human overseer of the facility until his retirement and benefits. Everyone else on the staff was discharged, leaving the inmates in the hands of uncaring robots and a perfectly logical mainframe that knew not nuance.
In the end, the ERP became little more than an automated concentration camp. Cell Block D was used nominally for organized crime, but its inmates counted union organizers and Communists, with block C used for solitary confinement. Only blocks A and B had a degree of livability, meant as Minimum Security and General Population blocks, respectively. The Great War saw fit to wipe society and the forgotten inmates were reduced to feral ghouls by the passage of time and radiation. By 2102, the prison is shared between super mutants on the outside and ghouls on the inside, together with plenty of traps.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- The prison is located on the edge of the Toxic Valley and is clearly identifiable due to its tall sandstone walls and towers ringing the perimeter. Super mutants are plentiful, primarily inside the prison yard.
- The yard contains storage sheds in the northeastern part, which contain several workstations for power armor, weapons, armor, and tinkering. Just next to them is the exercise yard, with a church and office pods on the opposite, western side of the yard.
- The interior of the penitentiary wraps around the southern edge of the penitentiary and contains four cell blocks spanning two floors each, with two per wing. They are joined together by the prison administration building in the center, which contains the entrance, visiting, intake and processing room with automated barber chairs, with the warden mainframe and derelict robot storage on the upper floor.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Thomas Brennan's Announcement: In the warden's office, near a weapon spawn.
- Potential bobbleheads
- By a Caps Stash, by the two small chimneys, in the southeast corner of the roof of the penitentiary building (exterior).
- On the corner of the mainframe computer bank, inside the south (middle) watchtower (above the main entrance), on the roof of the penitentiary (exterior).
- On the dirt ground near the rock outcrop, outside the perimeter of the location, just right of the huge hole in the wall, below the north watchtower (exterior).
- On top of the locked safe (0), in the cell with the two barrels, inside Cell Block B, upper level, by the crumbling floor.
- Potential magazines
- On the L-shaped counter in the Intake room, in the center of the Penitentiary (interior).
- On the desk in the Cell Block B Security Office, near the dining hall (interior).
- Slipped down between the dryer and the concrete pillar, on the north side of the laundry room, opposite the stacks of washing machines inside the penitentiary (interior).
- On the bedside table in Warden Brennan’s bedroom, on the second floor of the Penitentiary’s main building, near the Warden mainframe (interior).
- On the lectern shelf, in the remains of the chapel, in the prison yard.
- On a low shelf with a broken lamp, in the visitation trailer with the grill in front of it, in the prison yard.
- In the outhouse with the door, behind the chapel, in the prison yard.
- Potential power armor
- In the power armor shop in the prison yard.
- Dynamic spawns
- Headwear: Red bandana, trilby hat, newsboy cap, green rag hat, battered fedora, sunglasses, bottlecap sunglasses, combat armor helmet, cop cap, faded visor, black-rim glasses, baseball cap, patrolman sunglasses, blue bandana, green bandana, striped bandana.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Eastern Regional Penitentiary appears in Fallout 76.