Cleanup (Missing information and general cleanup needed. Possibly split and have generic cross-game page?)
To meet The Vault's quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving the article.
|This is a lore summary, presenting intradiegetic or in-universe information about the subject. For game characteristics and similar data, consult the table on the right.|
The Eatotronic (also called an Eat'o'tronic, Eat-o-tronic, or automat vent) is a pre-War automat vending machine. As such they can be found in any location where large amounts of people would occupy. Such as Metro stations, hospitals, offices, and hotels. They are a relativity uncommon sight throughout Mount Desert Island and the Capital, Commonwealth, and Mojave Wastelands.
The following items can be found in various Eat'o'tronic 3000 machines:
Section needed (Needs a GECK review!)
- One in the Hubris Comics building in front of the "Beta Testing" room.
- Five; one in the Our Lady of Hope Hospital on the east wall just after the main entrance. One on the wall next to the stairs to the second floor from the first floor cafeteria. One on the large central structural beam in the room off the first floor cafeteria and across the hallway from the side entrance. One is located in the vending machine niche of the second floor hallway, right in front of the entrance from the cafeteria. One down the hall from the second floor cafeteria next to a drinking fountain.
- Four; one is found off a hallway (floor with the Hospital entrance) of the Statesman Hotel, in a vending machine niche room. Another is located in a similar hallway niche on the floor of the Alfresco Lounge. Another is within the mezzanine of the Foyer floor. On the east side on the mezzanine within another hallway niche. Another on the Foyer floor, behind the stairway to the mezzanine one the southeast side within a connecting hallway niche.
- One on the first floor of the Roosevelt Academy Arts and Athletics Hall
- Two; one located in the first floor cafeteria of L.O.B. Enterprises and the other in the Archives cafeteria.
- Two; one located in a wall niche in the Corporate Offices. One in a wall niche in the Administration of Vault-Tec headquarters.
- One in Museum station on the wall of the hallway from the Museum of History entrance.
- Two; one the wall at the end of the hallway on the middle floor of the Media Archive section and one in the Coffee Machine Nook of the Children's Wing of the Arlington Library.
- One in the small foyer of the Dunwich Building to the west of the entrance.
- One in the Western Foreman Room in the Sewer waystation.
- One in Red Racer factory
- One in Tenpenny Tower, on the Suites floor, in the wall niche.
- Two in the National Guard Depot, both are located in the break room of the Ground Floor next to door to Training Wing.
Fallout: New Vegas
- One in the Z-43 innovative toxins plant
- There are a total of 50 Eat'o'tronic 3000 machines scattered throughout the Capital Wasteland.
- These machines are a good source of Sugar Bombs to help with the unmarked side quest: Murphy's Bombing Run.
- The Eat'o'tronic inside the Derelict Power Plant, near MDPL-13 Power Station, contains an assault rifle.
- The Eat'o'tronic in the basement of the Chryslus building contains 3 pack of cigarettes and 2 bottles of whiskey, the only noted so far to have alcohol and/or cigarettes in it.
- Taking the food from the Eat'o'Tronic in Tenpenny Tower is considered a crime.
- It seems that if you open one and then leave an area, when you come back it may be closed and impossible to open a second time.
- Eat'o'tronics are the only type of item storage which is not actually a 'container' as such, where upon opening the hatch the contents are actually physical objects placed in the world as opposed to items listed in a container dialogue.
- Eat'o'tronics also appear in Mojave Wasteland.
Behind the Scenes
In Fallout 3, they were originally named Eat-A-Tronic 5000s.
An Eatotronic on Mount Desert Island
Fallout 3 concept art by Adam Adamowicz