Essential, Auto-calc stats
Well it's not because I'm fat and full of cream, if that's what you're thinking.”— Eclair on his name.
Born in 2264, Eclair manages the food supply and food distribution in Little Lamplight. Although a former member of the scavenging team, he was put in charge of the food after getting shot in the foot during one of the scavenging runs. He often tries to make more elaborate food, but usually with disastrous results.
Eclair spends most of his time behind a counter in his restaurant, "Spelunkers" in Little Lamplight. He can also sometimes be seen around the restaurant when there are no other non-player characters in the area.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 40-100|
|This character starts quests.|
- Fungus Deal: He will trade cave fungus with the Lone Wanderer if the Lone Wanderer gives him strange meat, provided Mayor Robert Joseph MacCready allows it. The Lone Wanderer can also trade at least one cave fungus with him if the Lone Wanderer has the Child at Heart perk.
|Junior officer outfit|
|Eclair's cooler key|
Drops on death
- Bumble makes a comment that Eclair only has one eye because his face was bitten by a monster from Vault 87, but that was likely an exaggeration.
- Eclair is one of the merchants who sell refined punga fruit and wild punga fruit after the Point Lookout add-on is installed.
- He wears a ragamuffin tophat, the only one in the base game, and one of the only two with Point Lookout installed. Kenny in Point Lookout wears the other one.
- "That's just 3 more mouths to feed."
- Sometimes, while swimming in the water, Eclair's head twists in circles. The cause of this bug/glitch is unknown.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.71: "Eclair
Thirteen-year-old Eclair used to occasionally scavenge outside, but after getting shot in the foot, he was out of commission for a couple months. During that time, he managed the food, using scraps of cookbooks he found while scavenging with passable results. He does an excellent job with the cave fungus that makes up most of their food. He occasionally tries to create more elaborate food from his cookbook scraps, often with disastrous results (hence his nickname)."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)