Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Van Buren article project
This article or its infobox is missing an image. Please help The Vault by uploading it.
|The following is based on Van Buren and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Background[edit | edit source]
Eddie is a big, friendly redneck, who grew up as an orphan outside Junktown. He used to hijack caravans out in the New California Republic, being paid to push caravans to either join the Crimson Caravans or fall apart, and was a not such a nice guy. Although he has since mellowed out, he can still go ballistic in a second.
Married to Helen and looking after her 6 children, he was rendered sterile by a disease called the Blue Flu, but he believes his condition to have been caused by radiation poisoning. He is also addicted to alcohol and work. He has other problems, too; he never got over his first wife, lacks patience when it comes to trading and can't read (although he can do basic mathematics).
Four month prior to the Prisoners arrival, Eddies makes a run to Denver in response to the radio transmissions. Surprised, he finds the salvagers have a lot of good stuff. He trades them ammunition, minor tools, and medical supplies in exchange for dog meat, computer chips, and holodisks. It was this first trip to Denver that Eddie dropped off James T. Roche.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Currently held hostage by Pierce and Presper's soldiers; Pierce is irritated that his own kids (whom he doesn't care about) calls Eddie "Dad." If the player attacks Eddie, Helen, or the kids, the parents run to help and the kids run away.
Once trade is established with Denver, Galenski and his truck will be off the map for about a week once a month.
The player can try to take his truck, at the price of Galenski's life. However, it's not made for off-road travel (it's tires and suspension will go out, making it a landmark/base but no longer a vehicle), meaning the player can only take it from Boulder to Denver.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Notably, he has a space suit in his collection.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Boulder design document/1
- Boulder design document/2
- Boulder design document/3
- Boulder design document/5
- Fallout Developers Profile - Chris Avellone Eddie "Crazy Horse" Galenski (smuggler who drives a Mad Max truck to haul cargo around the wastes), and his "wife" Helen Wheels (truckers, smugglers, tribute to Wasteland)
- Van Buren Boulder design document - Eddie Galenski. 
- Van Buren Boulder design document - History. 
- Van Buren Denver design document - Area background, notes on the Salvagers. 
- Van Buren Boulder design document - Town-Specific. 
- Van Buren Boulder design document - General. 
- Van Buren Boulder design document - Cool shit.