El Rey motel
El Rey motel
The El Rey Motel
Background[edit | edit source]
Once a motel providing services to the people traveling through McCarran International Airport, the motel has been abandoned to the wasteland for over two centuries now. It's been a seedy place before and the arrival of the New California Republic changed little. Its patrons are mostly chem addicts, kept safe from the fiends thanks to Camp McCarran, the NCR Army's main base in the region.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The El Rey Motel shares its model with the one in Novac. However, unlike Dino Dee-lite Motel, it's mostly derelict, with few intact rooms. There's just one, 104, accessible on the bottom floor. On the upper floors are two rooms, both locked with a Very Easy lock.
Room 104[edit | edit source]
This hotel room was apparently used by a wastelander who ran afoul of some unsavory types, judging by the threatening note. Now he's dead, with four bark scorpions fighting over his body, and his duffle bag abandoned at the foot of the bed.
Room 201[edit | edit source]
Room 203[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The motel is one of the few locations where blatant reuse of assets is visible, as it contains a poster advertising the Super Duper Mart in Washington, D.C.
- The motel is briefly visible in the intro to the game, where a Fiend is sniped by a veteran Ranger using an anti-materiel rifle.
- TheFallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide map uses a factory marker for the motel.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
El Rey motel appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- It's a motel across the street to the international airport.
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p.309-310: "[2.18] El Ray Motel
Chem addicts hang out here, mainly because they aren't usually hassled by Fiends due to the motel's proximity to Camp McCarran [2.19]. This is also between two access points to the Central Sewer [U2.C]."
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)