As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
Elijah's advanced LAER
Elijah's advanced LAER
This weapon is identical to the LAER in appearance, but differs in ammunition capacity by having 5 fewer shots per magazine and a slightly increased fire rate. This gives it a higher damage-per-second, but also makes it much less durable. Given the original variant's fragility, this is a major concern, especially when using over-charged or max charge ammunition. With the Built to Destroy trait and max charge ammunition the weapon goes from perfect condition to broken in an unprecedented 84 shots.
Both of the mods for the LAER can be applied to this weapon.
- LAER mod - auxiliary recharger chip, does nothing. See bugs.
- LAER mod - prismatic lens, increases damage by 30% per shot. Unlike applying this to the regular LAER, Elijah's advanced LAER retains its single beam, increasing its usefulness against high DT targets.
- LAER, a semi-unique variant that sports and lower rate of fire but higher magazine capacity and durability.
|Name||Type||Dmg/shot||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||Spread||AP cost||Ammo||Ammo cap||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|LAER||Energy rifle||65||162.5||2.5||x1.5||15||0.08||32||Microfusion cell||20||4||75||8000||Energy Weapons:75 Strength:4|
|Elijah's advanced LAER||Energy rifle||65||178.8||2.8||x1.5||15||0.08||32||Microfusion cell||15||4||50||8000||Energy Weapons:75 Strength:4|
- One is found on the roof of the Signal Hills Transmitter, next to 4 ammunition boxes and a Sink upgrade Holotape. Taking this one will cause several lobotomites to spawn.
- There is another one on the porch of the watch tower at Little Yangtze.
Behind the scenes
- Elijah's advanced LAER uses the same electric beam weapons technology also developed in the Secret Vault.
- The creation of the advanced LAER seems to be a copy-paste of the LAER's stats, with some changes. The ability to mod the advanced LAER appears to be unintentional, as the values applied by either of the mods are set to 0. The beam splitter unintentionally works, without splitting the beam, but the recharger chip will not regenerate any ammunition.
- Both the normal LAER and Elijah's advanced model use the pick up, drop, equip, and unequip sounds of pistols as opposed to rifles.