In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Elijah's jury-rigged Tesla cannon
|For an overview of Tesla cannons in the Fallout series of games, see Tesla cannon.|
Elijah's jury-rigged Tesla cannon
The Tesla cannon is a pre-War designed shoulder-mounted heavy directed energy weapon, designed to replace conventional anti-tank weapons. Based on Nikola Tesla's designs, the weapon entered limited production before the war and remains a rare sight in the wasteland. However, it remains a powerful tool in the hands of a skilled user, as the focused energy blast will not only deliver massive damage to the target, but the nature of the blast will also deliver a potent electric shock.
Near the end of the war between the Brotherhood and the Enclave in the Capital Wasteland, the Brotherhood's scribes under the Order of the Sword worked to build their own Tesla Canons to more effectively counter the enclave's VB-02 Vertibird fleet. To do so, the Lone Wanderer was tasked with retrieving a PPE Tesla Coil from Olney Powerworks, an experimental piece of pre-war technology.
The modified Tesla canon employed by Lyons' Brotherhood of Steel is far more powerful than the pre-war Tesla canon. Discharging a large electrical impulse upon impact with a much larger area of effect. This explosive damage makes the Lyon's model far more suitable for anti-Vertibird use.
This weapon is identical in appearance to the Tesla-Beaton prototype, although its damage is between that and the regular Tesla cannon. It also holds more ammunition, allowing for six shots to be fired before reloading but is less durable than the Tesla-Beaton prototype, while only inflicting slightly less damage. It however has the benefit of no spread compared to the other models. Even though the weapon is slightly more practical than its counterparts in direct combat, its high value and low durability make it the most costly model to maintain with repeated use.
- Tesla cannon, the "common" variant.
- Tesla-Beaton prototype, a unique variant of the Tesla cannon found in the wreckage of an Enclave Vertibird.
|Name||Type||Dmg/shot||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||Spread||AP cost||Ammo||Ammo cap||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.||Notes|
|Tesla cannon||Electrical cannon||80 + 20(2s)||107.4 + 20||1.3||x2||40||0.1||37||ECP||20||8||80||8700||Energy Weapons:100 Strength:8||Uses 5 EPC per shot|
|Tesla-Beaton prototype||Electrical cannon||90 + 25(2s)||120.8 + 25||1.3||x2||45||0.08||37||ECP||24||8||40||12525||Energy Weapons:100 Strength:8||Uses 6 ECP per shot|
|Elijah's jury-rigged Tesla cannon||Electrical cannon||85 + 20(2s)||134.2 + 20||1.6||x1.5||45||0||37||ECP||30||8||50||13500||Energy Weapons:100 Strength:8||Uses 5 ECP per shot|
- Located in the Big MT, found looking west near the wooden platform where the second sentry turret is located at Elijah's Watch.
- After picking up the Tesla cannon 3-5 damaged or berserk Securitrons will spawn nearby.
- Due to it previously firing only 1 shot per reload, it ejects electron charge packs every shot which is strange considering only one is loaded. Also, the electron charge pack will not appear after one shot is fired, and the end of the cannon is retracted, but it still ejects another per shot.
- Elijah's jury-rigged Tesla cannon (ironically) cannot be jury rigged with any other weapon, but can only be repaired with another standard version or its other unique variant.
- This weapon is one of two weapons in the game that have no spread, the other being the Alien blaster.
- Occasionally the Tesla cannon will not spawn in its intended place at Elijah's Watch, but may spawn in front of (or near) nearby locations such as the mysterious cave.