Elite riot gear
|For an overview of combat armor variants throughout the Fallout series, see combat armor.|
Elite riot gear
Background[edit | edit source]
Probably modified over time, this armor variant was the personal equipment of an important NCR riot control officer in the Divide, supervising the NCR riot operation in the Third Street Municipal Building before the destruction of the Divide.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Gameplay attributes[edit | edit source]
It provides the highest level of protection of the riot gears, but is also the lightest. It is also significantly more durable than the other variants. Its effect "Riot's Ruin" grants a +10 bonus to Guns, a +1 bonus to Charisma and bonus of +5% to critical chance.
Like the other variants, the helmet gives the effect "Red Scare", which gives the player low visibility sight whilst in sneak mode between 6:00PM to 6:00AM or while indoors. This will toggle from on to off once you exit sneak mode. In addition, the helmet also grants a +5 bonus to Speech and + 2 bonus to Perception.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- NCR Ranger combat armor: the Black Armor given to the NCR's elite Rangers.
- Desert Ranger combat armor , the armor of the Desert Rangers before they merged with the New California Republic Rangers.
- Riot gear: an advanced version of the L.A.P.D. riot armor and the military helmet used by the pre-War riot control officers in Hopeville and Ashton.
- Advanced riot gear: an advanced model of the riot gear which was used by the 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment, was used by the NCR riot control officers in the The Divide.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|NCR Ranger combat armor||20||30||600||7500||NCR Disguise|
|Desert Ranger combat armor||22||30||600||8000||-|
|Riot gear||20||30||500||7994||+5 Guns|
|Advanced riot gear||21||25||600||8494||+10 Explosives|
|Elite riot gear||22||23||750||12500||+10 Guns|
+5 Critical chance
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Third Street Municipal Building, on the top floor on a dead NCR riot control. It can be reached via the sewer pipe that connects floors two and three, next to a Sniper Rifle and a large quantity of .308 rounds on the floor.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The enhanced vision seems to differ between time as such you will have red night vision at 12 AM and lighter green at darkened areas during day hours.
- The riot gear helmets are of the very few, if not the only, headgears that are "Heavy" apparel, and thus can almost not be repaired by any other headgear, even with Jury Rigging. However, it can be repaired with heavy body armor, such as metal armor.
- Playing caravan while the sneak sight is activated may make it difficult to see the cards.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- All versions of riot gear helmets and their variants are flagged specifically as "hair", so you can still wear hats or berets with them.
- Although the clipping issues with most weapons is fixed, bolt/lever action weapons will still clip through the armor.
- riot gear and the advanced riot gear the Elite riot gear might get bugged in to changing the color of the dusters shoulderpart to red. Like both the
Gallery[edit | edit source]