Better image needed
An image on this page has quality issues that need to be rectified. Please help The Vault by editing or replacing it with a better version.
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Can you imagine? They made us, and now they're pissed at us!”— Elliott's philosophizing about the aliens.
Private Elliott Tercorien, serial number 3477809, is an abductee on Mothership Zeta in 2277.
Background[edit | edit source]
Tercorien was a doctor working in Washington, who was drafted into the army just prior to the Great War. Much to his dismay, he was shipped to Anchorage, Alaska, after receiving training in cryo science. Attached to the 108th Infantry Battalion, he and his team were responsible for patching up soldiers wounded in combat with the People's Liberation Army.
It was there that he and his medical team were abducted by Mothership Zeta. Only two other members of his squad survived the experiments when the Lone Wanderer arrives. They were kept frozen separately near what appears to be a surgery with the rest of his squad's bodies.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
- Sgt. Daniels (active)
- Cpl. Rheems (K.I.A.)
- Cpl. Spurlock (K.I.A.)
- Pvt. Mears (K.I.A.)
- Pvt. Dawkins (M.I.A.)
- Pvt. Beckett (active)
Interactions with the player[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is a temporary party member.|
|This character is a permanent party member.|
|This character is a doctor.||
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Among the Stars: You have the option of bringing Elliot Tercorien with you as a companion to the cryo lab to help out. Elliot can either put the other two surviving members of his squad out of their misery or revive them. If they are revived, they only have a limited amount of time before they die.
- This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough...: If Elliot survived his section in Among the Stars, he will help in the last battle by keeping aliens off you while you fight the other mothership.
Effects of player actions[edit | edit source]
- After the This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough... quest is completed, he remains aboard the Mothership, admitting he has got nowhere and nothing to return to. While he is onboard, he will continue to salvage alien weapons.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- If the Lone Wanderer has any alien biogel, Elliot has the ability to modify the regular biogel into adapted biogel. The adapted biogel has a much higher healing capability but still contains the either helpful or nasty side effects of regular alien biogel.
- After taking him into the cryo lab, he will gain the ability to make cryo grenades and cryo mines. The first batch consists of 3 of each and can be taken after 1 hour. The player can then receive another 2 cryo grenades and 2 cryo mines every 3 hours. All conversation options which allow the player to request cryo mines and cryo grenades are only available while Elliot is in the engineering core section of Mothership Zeta.
- It is still possible to get cryo mines and grenades after the space walk, by going through the teleporter after the Compression sequence and asking him to make some while in the engineering core.
- After This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough... is completed, the player can return to the Mothership at any time and ask for weapons. If Elliot has some stockpiled, he will provide you with what he has in his cache. He gives either alien atomizers, alien disintegrators, or shock batons, and it is common that he will give multiple weapons at once. After giving away the weapons, the player will have to wait or return in another few hours for him to salvage more.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Winterized medic armor|
|R91 Assault rifle|
2 Type 93 Chinese assault rifles*
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike normal non-player characters, Elliot uses up ammunition in his inventory, similar to a permanent companion. Therefore he is likely to eventually run out of ammunition for his assault rifle, and be forced to either scavenge weapons from the environment or resort to his fists. All other Mothership Zeta allies have infinite ammunition.
- Elliot is the only non-player character in Mothership Zeta who picks up and uses weapons from the environment. All other non-player characters stick with their default weapon.
- Elliot does not have any tagged combat skills, and therefore has terrible aim with any weapon he uses, including his default assault rifle.
- Elliot is the only ally who will attack alien workers. Somah, Paulson and Sally simply ignore them, and Toshiro Kago will run away from them if unarmed and disappears entirely from the engineering core once he acquires his sword.
- In the engineering core, he may ask Somah what has happened since he was abducted. When he shows distress at her news of the Great War, she tells him to "suck it up and deal with it like the rest of us".
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
When you ask him what the aliens want with Earth, he tends to get inconsistent, and will refer to multiple explanations for alien encounters from various sci-fi shows, such as Independence Day for the resource consuming theory and Star Trek, for his idea that the aliens seeded life on Earth, and even Invasion of the Body Snatchers for his idea of clones wanting to replace people on Earth.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- After reaching the command deck, his forehead may become transparent. If the player goes down to the Capital Wasteland and then back to the Mothership, his forehead will reappear.
- Elliot may freeze after the time-delayed death of Sgt. Daniels and Pvt. Beckett.
- Elliot's AI in certain situations causes him to flee when any hostiles are nearby. Alien workers, for example, will cause him to flee even though they do not attack since they are considered hostile to Elliot.
- Shooting Elliot or killing the alien workers should correct this bug and cause him to stop fleeing.
Elliot may suddenly stop making cryo grenades and mines. The dialogue option will still be present, but choosing it will result in Elliot saying "not yet, still working on them" even though time has passed.
- The bug's cause hasn't been identified and the only way to fix this is to either load a previous save or uninstall then reinstall the DLC (which can lead to more bugs).
- Elliot may flee from the bridge into the Engineering Deck due to his AI bug (see above). In rare cases, he may also flee into the Capital Wasteland and end up dead or missing in the end of the last quest (This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough...).
- When walking near him, he might say "Oh... Hi," but it is immediately followed by "wanna do that again?". There is clearly something missing while recording, as the "Oh... Hi" is subtitled, but the second part is not. He may be asking to say hi again due to him slightly stammering at first.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.71: "Elliott Tercorien
Dr. Tercorien was in the U.S. military, serving just prior to the war of 2077. He doesn't recall the exact events that led up to his abduction and has no memory of the time between then and now because he was kept in cryogenic stasis the entire time. Elliott is good with technology and medicine. He's not so good with people, or bravery, or sobriety. While he's capable of defending himself due to military training, he goes to great lengths to avoid getting in situations where defending himself might be necessary. Assuming you befriend him, he can use his medical skills to change the formula of Alien Biogel, making it into the much more potent Adapted Biogel. If he survives an expedition into the ship's Cryo Lab, he can also construct Cryo Grenades and Mines. After quest completion, Tercorien begins to stockpile weapons, giving them to you when you return and speak to him."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)