Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The syringe is a type of pre-War hand-held medical equipment used for injecting or withdrawing fluid or gases from body tissues. This item is made of metal and glass. Known as a hypodermic syringe, this syringe has a glass barrel for containing substances, a metal housing for the barrel, a metal needle for delivery, and a plunger for controlling the flow of substances into or out of the syringe. Empty syringes are often found with other hand-held medical equipment on a compartment tray in various locations, including the Vault-Tec Vaults. The Pip-Boy 3000 categorizes the empty syringe as a junk item.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Fallout 3[edit | edit source]
Fallout: New Vegas[edit | edit source]
- In the Jacobstown lodge, 25 empty syringes can be found in a room on the second floor, next to the men's bathroom.
- In the North Vegas square is a building called The Gray. When in the building, go left and in the second room there will be a few empty syringes on the floor.
- In the House resort in Camp Golf on the second floor, go to the western wall. The room on the southern side of the wall has 25 empty syringes on the bed, dresser, and floor.
- There are many inside of Vault 3 and can be looted from the Fiends that inhabit it.
- Muggy can salvage 3 empty syringes (as well as 2 Wonderglue) from Coffee mugs.
- They can be found in stores for a low price.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Two abnormally large/oversized empty syringes (about as long as a power armor helmet) can be found on one of the medical trays and on one of the bottom shelves in the medical lab across from the weapons research room in Fort Independence.
- An empty syringe's actual weight is 0.0050; the reason it is listed as weightless in the Pip-Boy is that the game only shows weight to two decimal places.
- It uses the same world model as Med-X.