Interrogating your own daughter? That's an new low...
The Lone Wanderer leaves the vault
This is the overseer, all residents of Vault 101 are here by confined to their quarters. The radroach infestation is under control, do not interfere with vault security personnel. Any resident found outside his or her quarters will be dealt with... severely. That is all.”— The Overseer
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Pick up your things in your room.
- Continue toward the atrium and make your way through.
- Confront or sneak past Security Chief Hannon and Amata.
- Open the Overseer's tunnel.
- Fight off or flee from the pursuing security guards.
- Leave Vault 101.
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
|5||Talk to Amata about her plan to escape the Vault.|
|10||Enter the Overseer's office.|
|40||Use the Overseer's computer to access the secret tunnel.|
|50||Enter the reactor control room.|
|60||Turn the power back on.|
|70||Open the Vault door.|
|80||Escape the Vault.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Before exiting the Vault through the wooden door and the end of the tunnel, run back to the now inaccessible great Vault door. If Amata was saved from her father, and the pursuing guards were not killed, they may be heard beating up Amata, and Amata saying "Stop it!" or "Get away from me!".
- Everyone except Amata, Andy, and Stanley may be killed during this mission.
- The framed Revelation 21:6 quote hanging on the wall behind the player's father's desk covers a hidden safe. It has an average lock, requiring Lockpick 50 to open it. There is no way to open this lock at the beginning of the game without using the console; the maximum Lockpick skill the player may have at this point is 47, if they have 10 Perception, 9 or 10 Luck, tag Lockpick during Future Imperfect, and wear the Vault 101 Utility Suit. If the player gains enough EXP to level up during the quest, the game will not grant the level until after the quest (even if no enemies are nearby). Only returning during the optional Trouble on the Homefront quest will allow the player to retrieve it.
Transition quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Anything's possible, even an A from Mr. Brotch! Hahahaha!" (James)
- "Your daddy the doc is not here to save you now, is he? So what are you going to do now?" (Butch)
- "Now stop talking to me and get back to work. Selfish and insubordinate, just like your father!" (The Overseer)
- "Listen, you need to know these things. I'm not going to be around to hold your hand forever, you know." ( James)