|DPS (reload)||105 (185.3)|
|Crit Dmg||0||Crit % Mult||x0|
|Ammo Type||5mm round|
|Ammo Cap.||240||Reload Time||4|
Brick's the name, and I call this fine looking roomsweeper Eugene.
Eugene is a unique weapon in Fallout 3.
A Rockwell CZ53 personal minigun is capable of firing 5mm rounds at over 60,000 RPM with an ammunition capacity dependent on the type of feed mechanism. (120 round unknown, 200 round belt-fed drum, and 240 box – with accompanying extra belt backpack) The CZ53 personal minigun makes up for the small 5mm round by sending a hail of bullets toward its target. Its sheer size, coupled with its trademark sound, is enough to send anyone in its path running for cover. It's a great weapon for suppressing fire, letting others flank the unsuspecting enemy. When the Great War struck, it was already an aging design and was slowly being replaced by the more advanced CZ57 Avenger minigun. The minigun was the favorite weapon of the Mariposa super mutant during the Unity's time, and allowed many of the super mutants to wield them effectively with only one arm.
This unique minigun has 50% greater durability than standard miniguns, significantly greater firepower, and it starts off in very good condition. It can also be repaired with other miniguns. Eugene, fully repaired, does almost as much damage as a fully repaired Gatling laser, while being that much easier to find ammunition and repair materials for, and can therefore be a better choice for a main Big Guns weapon.
Eugene can fire 3574 rounds, about 15 belt-feeder boxes, from 100% condition until it breaks. That's 241 rounds more than a normal minigun.
- If you're quick, you can pickpocket one from Brick after going down the elevator but before the fighting starts. Brick stores her minigun and pulls out a pistol. This allows the player to receive both quest rewards and keep all members of the Rangers alive.
- It is possible to receive two by injuring Brick enough during the escape for her to get killed by the super mutants. It can then be looted from her dead body along with Ranger Armor. As long as at least one member of the Rangers survives, a second Eugene can then be obtained from Reilly.
- Killing Brick and taking it results in all of the Rangers becoming hostile, whether they witnessed you kill her or not. Note: that you cannot get caps from Geomapping with Reilly anymore.
- If the Ranger battle armor was chosen as a reward instead of Eugene and you do not wish to kill Brick, it can be pickpocketed from her.
- Eugene can also be knocked out of Brick's hands during the super mutant fight in the hotel lobby. The upside is that, as this is a combat situation, no one will turn hostile. The downside is that Eugene seems to gain a large amount of durability and will take many more shots to break than it did on the roof.