Euro-Middle Eastern War
|Date||2052 - 2060|
|Result||Middle East oil fields ran dry and the dissolving of the EC|
|European Commonwealth Armed Forces||Middle East Armed Forces|
The Euro-Middle Eastern War was a military conflict between the European Commonwealth and the Middle East.
- April: The Resource Wars begin. Europe, dependent on oil imports from the Middle East, responds to the Middle East's rising oil prices with military action. The long drawn-out war between the European Commonwealth and the Middle East begins. Many smaller nations go bankrupt.
- May - July: The United Nations, already suffering, begins to collapse. In a series of heated debates, many nations withdraw from the organization as the U.N. tries to keep the peace. At the end of July, the United Nations is disbanded.
- December: Like an exclamation mark on the end of a very bad year, a terrorist nuclear weapon destroys Tel Aviv.
- January: Limited nuclear exchange in the Middle East raises fears throughout the world.
- The Euro-Middle Eastern War ends as the oil fields in the Middle East run dry... there is no longer a goal in the conflict, and both sides are reduced almost to ruin.
- The European Commonwealth dissolves into quarreling nation states, fighting over the remaining resources.