Event: Campfire Tales is a quest in Fallout 76. It is one of the only ways outside completing Scout challenges to gain Possum badges.
The Scout Leader over at Camp Adams is ready for a round of campfire tales. Pioneer Scouts are invited to attend!
- This is a nighttime event and can be one of several varieties, which affect how the event unfolds. All events require players to first gather kindling for the fire and then locate the items of a missing camper when the Scout Leader announces a missing flag.
- This version of the quest will start with a scary story and require the players to wipe out "shadows" (black tape targets with glowing eyes spread out across the camp), part of Layla McAdams' story. After that's done, players will have to eat, drink, and emote near the fire (any food, drink, and emote will do), to complete the next stage. After that, the scout leader will announce a missing camper.
- Players have to collect items belonging to the camper. These are spread out around the camp and include a backpack in the cabin, diary near the showers, a jar full of dirt in the scoutmaster's cabin by the big bear statue. After collecting all of them, the players will listen to a second holotape that details the lost Scout's attempt to complete her insect collection.
- What follows is a straightforward wave defense against hordes of insect-type enemies, including radscorpions. There are three waves and while the players are fighting them off, they have to keep the fire going. The fire can be sustained by adding kindling (not wooden scraps) found around the trees in the camp.
Camp Leader Nia
- An alternative version of the event, which focuses on keeping the fire going and tells the story of a Scout lost in the woods. It culminates in an attack by a legendary unique wendigo, Camp Counselor Nia. Putting her down completes the event.