Event: Feed the People
Event: Feed the People
Heads up, Responders! Sanjay here, bringing you this automated message from Mama Dolce's Food Processing plant. If you're hearing this, it means the food processing machines have finally cooled down enough to work again. I've set them up to make cans of stew, provided you can bring the ingredients. Just be aware that these machines make a lot of noise and can attract some unwanted attention. Good luck. This message will repeat.”
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
The Responders have automated the machines at Mama Dolce's Food Processing to create food for the people. However, in order to manufacture grub, the machines both need feed to process and a dedicated team of Responders or other mercenaries in order to keep the ailing machinery safe from the ferals who don't take kindly to the racket the factory makes.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- This is a multi-stage event, as usual. First, players need to find five portions of the following: meat-flavored soy chunks, dehydrated beef stock, and diced vegetable mix. The items are scattered all over the factory, in cylindrical containers with large white stickers identifying the contents. They can be found in many places, including just out in the loading bay, in crates in the manager's office, on the control panels, hidden behind doors, and so on.
- In general, it's a good idea to wipe out the Protectrons and Liberators that infest the area before dumping the containers into the orange chute on the factory floor. Once they are loaded, the machines start processing the feed into food, which attracts swarms of feral ghouls that attack the control panels. The goal is to defend them until the machines can complete their work (the timer is displayed).
- There are three machines, two on the ground floor and one up on the catwalk. The ground floor panels are difficult to defend, since they're in the open and locking down access points is difficult, even when placing mines at the loading bay entrance and the main doors. The catwalk only has two main approaches, through the manager's office and in from the ground floor on the roof, making it easy to defend. As long as even a single machine remains, the event will progress.
- About halfway through the process, a break will occur at the factory. This can be a pipe, a valve, or a fuse box, which need to be fixed using resources in order to complete the event. It's best to detach a single player to find and fix the break, as otherwise the machines will be vulnerable to ghouls.
- Successfully completing the event will give all players a random legendary items accompanied by a major experience reward, caps, and pre-packaged food items.